Elite mini-bar on long cruises

homedepot124

On 2/26/2020 at 6:03 AM, flamomo said:

Depends on how it's booked, one long cruise or two or more shorter cruises offered as one cruise.

If it truly is one long cruise there'll be one set-up. 

If it's two or more lumped together and sold as a single itinerary, there will be another set-up provided on the turn-around day(s) in mid-cruise.

On my most recent cruise where there was a "refill" provided on turn-around day, I received a call in the cabin from room service a couple of days ahead of that day, asking what I would like in the new set-up. I requested the whole thing be replaced with a bottle of wine. They even asked what wine I wanted, I gave them the brand and variety, and the next day exactly what I wanted  was delivered. Found it, when we returned from lunch, sitting on the desk …. already on ice!!! Way To Go, Princess!

Was it any wine $40 and under?  Or were there specific bottles to choose from?  I would prefer something sparkling.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:09 PM, Thrak said:

Our last cruise was our first as Elite. I had to hassle them for the mini bar. When they delivered it they said they were out of cognac and vodka so they delivered scotch and gin plus a bunch of beer. GAH!!!

Overall our first cruise as Elite had the worst cabin, the worst Steward (BY FAR!!!), the worst Internet service and the worst CD staff (again, BY FAR!!!) we have ever encountered. Oh, yeah, we did try out the laundry service but the steward took my wife's pants and returned a pair of 24" x 29" "Skinny" jeans. Nope, nope, nope. Not her size. Not even close. It took 3 days to get that straightened out. Welcome to your "super snazzy" Elite status. <sigh...>

On that same cruise, we had a delay in the delivery of our mini bar too. I don't remember any other negatives on that one. 
They lost all my underware on our last cruise...for about 3 days!  But that was nothing compared to the Corona Cruise this turned out to be!

Edited by suzyed

On 2/27/2020 at 11:20 AM, Rudy888 said:

As has been stated if you book a 28 days cruise and their are segments to the cruise you get a mini bar setup for each segment even though it was book as one cruise. We did the British Isle in September ending in FLL. It could be booked as  one or 2 cruises. We booked as one cruise and got 2 mini-bar setups. Just completed 20 days in the Carribean, booked as one cruise but could be booked as 2 10 day cruises. We received 2 setups.

We did not get two on our 32 day SA cruise that we booked as one. But then again the cruise was cancelled 2 weeks in.

Thank you for the info about the coffee cards.  I wish we were coffee drinkers.  We are such boring cruisers.  No alcohol or coffee for us.  (Some wonder how we made it through college without either one).   We are excited about bottled water and sodas.  It saves us having to go shopping before the cruise. 

3 hours ago, MickeyandLV said:

We are excited about bottled water and sodas.  It saves us having to go shopping before the cruise. 

Are you aware of the option to pre-purchase 12 packs of 500 ml bottles of water for $7.08 (tip included): Cruise Personalizer; Onboard Services; Beverage Packages.

B884D83C-0E06-4DF1-80DC-7A8435630F9A.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Are you aware of the option to pre-purchase 12 packs of 500 ml bottles of water for $7.08 (tip included): Cruise Personalizer; Onboard Services; Beverage Packages.

Yes, we usually pre-order the water.  We usually shop for pop/soda before the cruise.  Now we will not have to shop before the cruise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, suzyed said:

Was it any wine $40 and under?  Or were there specific bottles to choose from?  I would prefer something sparkling.

We always trade ours for wine. We were told to choose any wine from the room service menu.   This was from our 2019 Crown Thanksgiving cruise.6A95A9B1-4337-41E5-ACF0-C25820C2E943.thumb.jpeg.a4395b2c7c45c0e73452797667f6d274.jpeg

On 2/29/2020 at 10:19 AM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

How about all beer?

Hi Kevin - Yup, you can change the booze for beer -one for one. I created myself a cheat sheet before the cruise since the phone call to the very busy staff on departure day was "what do you want to trade out, and to what?" So I enumerated each booze type - "two Vodkas - for two Bud Lights", two Scotch for two Bud Lights" and so forth. - he sounded like he was checking a list of his own.  No beer for soft drinks, or water.  We also got to trade all soft drinks, and Tonic Water for Diet Cokes, as I recall.

Which answers the further question of "can you change the beer type?"  Yes. There likely are restrictions, but  Bud Light was OK.

So room service wanted to know specifically what was being removed and what was coming in.  I then placed the trade-ins front and center and hid the stuff I wanted to keep.  I even gave back my 2 -12oz Dos Equis and got 16 oz Buds instead.

This was pre-Covid, and, as always, your results may vary -  Salud!

elite-minibar-drink-substitutions.xlsx

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tere247 said:

We always trade ours for wine. We were told to choose any wine from the room service menu.   This was from our 2019 Crown Thanksgiving cruise.6A95A9B1-4337-41E5-ACF0-C25820C2E943.thumb.jpeg.a4395b2c7c45c0e73452797667f6d274.jpeg

Thanks for that info.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, tere247 said:

Many of those wines are well over $40!  Are you saying you got to choose from the $40 ones on the roomservice menu?

6 hours ago, suzyed said:

Many of those wines are well over $40!  Are you saying you got to choose from the $40 ones on the roomservice menu?

I am not the person you are asking, but as I remember it you can choose from any wine on that menu that costs up to $40, but not more than $40.

• Like 1

I have a 20 day booked which is really B2B 10 day cruises. Will they reset my 250 minutes (Platinum level) of allotted wifi after 10 days or is the 250 minutes for the 20 days. If they restock the mini bar after 10 days I'm assuming they'll reset my internet minutes but I'm just looking for confirmation.

41 minutes ago, deepcman said:

I have a 20 day booked which is really B2B 10 day cruises. Will they reset my 250 minutes (Platinum level) of allotted wifi after 10 days or is the 250 minutes for the 20 days. If they restock the mini bar after 10 days I'm assuming they'll reset my internet minutes but I'm just looking for confirmation.

If they were booked as 2 separate cruises then yes 

44 minutes ago, deepcman said:

Yes, but. My experience has been that your account will carry over and will not reset until any remaining minutes are used. You may have to visit the internet manager to have the 2nd 250 minutes added.

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

If they were booked as 2 separate cruises then yes 

We have booked many b2b 10 dayers booked as a 20 day cruise, and  have always gotten the minibar restocked at the beginning of the 2nd 10 day leg....and our internet minutes have always been added.

My past experience:

Minibar restocked for each segment.

Internet minutes based on days booked. If one booking number for 20 days, would get 250 minutes total. If two booking numbers, one for each 10 day segment, would get 250 minutes for each segment for a total of 500.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:39 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Just bring an empty water bottle and fill it from the tap,   Then the price for 50 bottles of water is still zero :).   Consider that even at $1 for a liter of water you are paying more then the price of gasoline!  I think our water company (at home) charges us about 1 cent per gallon and most folks think that is too darn much.  Here in Puerto Vallarta I pay 35 Pesos (about $1.60) for about 5 gallons of pure bottled water (delivered in large jugs).   Go figure.  

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

Just bring an empty water bottle and fill it from the tap,   Then the price for 50 bottles of water is still zero :).

Yes...I use a refillable Brita 20 Oz wide mouth water bottle onboard however for touring in ports prefer to use bottled water. As the ship chief engineer posts regularly the onboard water supply is likely safer than tap water at home.

For me sometimes the convenience is worth the extra price & at $0.59 per half liter bottle (gratuity included) it works for me when in ports.

• Like 1