Are there extra health screenings at the port of Miami?

Lazz

On feb 16 they added a thermal temperature gun scan.  (We had the impression they were just going thru the motions.)  In addition to the usual form about 'have you been experiencing a stuffy nose, diarrhea,  cough, etc' (the one nobody answers honestly), that added a sheet about letting them know if you've been in certain countries (china, etc) or have been around anyone who visited those countries.

What I wish is that ALL cruise lines would enforce washing hands and use of Purell type stuff.  People just walk on by.

• 2 weeks later...

Watch for changes.  VP Pence met with cruise executives earlier today.  New guidelines for embarkation & disembarkation are supposed to come out within 72 hrs.  Also sounds like ships will have testing available on board.  

On 2/27/2020 at 2:24 AM, jkgourmet said:

What I wish is that ALL cruise lines would enforce washing hands and use of Purell type stuff.  People just walk on by.

We were on the NCL Sky in December and I saw a crew member at the buffet physically reach out to block people from passing until they washed their hands. He was the only one who would stop people like that though.

Well, this is the first "official weekend" of no cruises.  So, I am sure when they come back into play, many, MANY

of the processes and procedures will be changed/updated.

I can tell you that unfortunately the MSC ship that came in did not have any checks.  To say that some of us local residents are a bit annoyed is putting it mildly.  

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/15/thousands-leave-miami-cruise-ship-without-screenings-after-former-passenger-had-coronavirus/?utm_expid=.rZxRlJI0T86fmAabR1Jv8w.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F