Diamond members three free drinks

22 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The intent of the 3 drinks program was to reduce crowding in the Diamond during Happy Hour. The 3 drinks allowed you to drink in other places DURING HAPPY HOUR so that the Diamond Lounge did not become overcrowded. If you are taking free drinks to your room to consume the next day, that means you're not spending money for drinks the next day, thus cutting into RCI's profit. When they see their profits going down, they will reduce benefits, including the free drinks during Happy Hour. That's how your behavior screws a good thing for the rest of us.

Thank you  everyone seems to forget why it was started.  

17 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Cans of soda no problem, bottles of water no problem, table full of drinks no problem, taking water back to the cabin for the next day no problem, sitting with new friends on a comfy couch no problem. Enjoy your new status.. This was overflow on Symphony.

70249B0B-4B4B-47C8-9C6B-0F6C24739DEA.thumb.jpeg.ae03904e1a95141eec697becd414b137.jpeg

Never been a problem for us previously but on Jewel last week they were much stricter than usual in the lounge. DH was told by one waiter only one drink at a time, they were signs on the doors as you were leaving saying no drinks to be taken outside and the measures were much smaller than usual. I don't know if it was just this ship or they are tightening things up generally.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:25 PM, ALSEAU said:

My wife and I are not big drinkers. (we will not drink 3 drinks during Happy Hour)

So what we will do during happy hour is get unopen containers of beer and soda to take back to the stateroom and put in the refrigerator to consume during the next day.

We did this on Harmony recently.  Every evening we’d go to the bar and each order 3 beers & put them in our fridge for the next day.  

On 3/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, kermit99 said:

Tacking on to this thread instead of starting a new one. I see that you can now get whatever beer is on draft.  Would this apply to Playmakers too? I’m guessing that they are going to have better draft selection. 

Playmakers on mariner had Sam Adams draft. Most other drafts were available at various bars. 

m

• Thanks 2

On 3/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, ALSEAU said:

I am a little confused in how us using our card for our 3 drink limit is a behavior that screws a  good thing for everyone.

We don't drink any HH drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

When we used to go to the lounge it seemed that some members spent almost the whole time in the lounge drinking free drinks. So I don't feel like I am screwing anyone when we get our 3 beers and 3 cokes each evening and yes I do request those drinks to be unopened..

Never been on Harmony, but on other ships have received unopened drinks.  Don't think we even asked.  But, this is at the bars,  not in the diamond lounge.  If the RCI staff are comfortable with this then I'm good with it too.  

The drinks are just as listed, from 1630 to 2000 each evening. Regarding the coke in a can, we were only allowed a canned coke because we had the "Royal Refreshment" drink plan. Which was a total waste of money. I thought I could get bottle juices. My welcome back amenity had a bottle of grapefruit juice. Nope. Then people selling vitamin water kept telling me that was juice. Nope. 

20 hours ago, ldubs said:

Never been on Harmony, but on other ships have received unopened drinks.  Don't think we even asked.  But, this is at the bars,  not in the diamond lounge.  If the RCI staff are comfortable with this then I'm good with it too.  

They will give you an unopened can of soda or bottle of water, but on my last three ships, they were required to open every beer.  They even opened Miller Lite with the screw top.  Didn't take the top off, but definitely opened it.  🍷

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

They will give you an unopened can of soda or bottle of water, but on my last three ships, they were required to open every beer.  They even opened Miller Lite with the screw top.  Didn't take the top off, but definitely opened it.  🍷

Yikes!  Now that you mention it,  I've never actually ordered a beer.  Only glasses of wine, water, and sodas. It would be the water and soda that were unopened.  Thx.