MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

I am honestly floored by MSC's lack of response here. Each and every major cruise line has offered FCC. At some point, I feel this leaves them vulnerable. Some may actually say they are being irresponsible. Others may say outright negligent. 

C'MON MSC!!! 

PS: trying to stay hopeful they fix this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bombcat9 said:

FYI...my 70 year old parents just called and were able to cancel and get a FCC valid until December 2021.  We are scheduled to leave on the Meraviglia this Sunday.  They said the wait was long but there were no questions asked.  My husband, kids and I are all still going.  

I am hoping it is "just" an IT issue. When I checked the USA website this morning there was actually something about new cancellation policies but when I clicked on it I got an error message. Now the link is gone. Hopefully IT is working on it and they will fix it sooner than later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisingMom77 said:

I am hoping it is "just" an IT issue. When I checked the USA website this morning there was actually something about new cancellation policies but when I clicked on it I got an error message. Now the link is gone. Hopefully IT is working on it and they will fix it sooner than later. 

Thank you for that because my group of 8 is absolutely livid right now. They are ready to call the TV stations hahahah

7 minutes ago, Safe77 said:

We're scheduled to sail on Friday from Miami. If MSC is going to change its policy, I hope they do it before we leave for that long drive from NC! 

I hear you! My group of 8 is in disbelief right now. I am not accepting that MSC would be this ridiculous. I am still holding out hope they will fix this TODAY since that is the message the Ken Muscat tweeted on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thank you for that because my group of 8 is absolutely livid right now. They are ready to call the TV stations hahahah

TV and social media are generally your best alternative with any customer service issue like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bombcat9 said:

FYI...my 70 year old parents just called and were able to cancel and get a FCC valid until December 2021.  We are scheduled to leave on the Meraviglia this Sunday.  They said the wait was long but there were no questions asked.  My husband, kids and I are all still going.  

I am in the same situation, same cruise. Going to call my parents and tell them to try calling.

1 minute ago, Micheb5 said:

I am in the same situation, same cruise. Going to call my parents and tell them to try calling.

Here is my problem with calling. It is absolutely necessary to get EVERYTHING in writing with MSC.  Not to mention, it's just silly to make us each wait on the phone for hours for information that should be readily available. My TA said even her call waiting time was nearly 3 hours.

I'm still holding out hope MSC will do the right thing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bombcat9 said:

I am happy for your parents, on the other hand where is the line for Future Cruise Credit MSC? Who gets it who doesn't?

• Like 1

We're scheduled to sail on Friday from Miami. If MSC is going to change its policy, I hope they do it before we leave for that long drive from NC! 

Their delay in (lack of) response in contrast with other cruiselines is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I hear you! My group of 8 is in disbelief right now. I am not accepting that MSC would be this ridiculous. I am still holding out hope they will fix this TODAY since that is the message the Ken Muscat tweeted on Saturday.

Ken Muscat said there would be an update, and there has been. Fingers crossed there is another one shortly.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I am honestly floored by MSC's lack of response here. Each and every major cruise line has offered FCC. At some point, I feel this leaves them vulnerable. Some may actually say they are being irresponsible. Others may say outright negligent. 

C'MON MSC!!! 

PS: trying to stay hopeful they fix this.

This is really unreal.  To tell people to use their cancel for no reason insurance, which is optional and I'd guess less than 50% carry it, in lieu of coming out with a policy is downright awful.  If they don't make this right, and I'm forced in May to eat my fare or have to go (I don't have cancel for no reason insurance) I will cancel my remaining three reservations in the future and go elsewhere.  As one poster had indicated, I look past the awful reviews they get, and the hours on hold, the fact the lost 3k$ o fly money for two weeks, getting hung up on after being on hold for over an hour bc the agent didn't have an answer to my request (this is an honest true story), calling three times just to get a final payment right for my cruise in May, and on and on because I like the experience on board, well kids this will be it, and I will go to the end of the earth to ensure nobody I know cruises with them.  

I'm just beside myself about this, wee today isn't over so let's all have some faith in the family.

• Like 1

I get that this is a difficult situation for all of us, but I just don't understand the outrage towards MSC. I’m a believer of consumers voting with their pocketbook. If you don’t like a company, don’t buy their product. If you don’t like the way MSC is handling this or their response timing, I’d say take matters into your own hands use the cancel for any reason insurance you purchased. That's why we purchase it in the first place.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cullyman15 said:

Ken Muscat said there would be an update, and there has been. Fingers crossed there is another one shortly.

Actually, the way I read this, Ken Muscat said there would be an update about the cancellation policy. There is no update about the cancellation policy yet. I'm still hopeful also. The UK was already giving them public grief about their lack of response last week.

https://cruisewaves.co.uk/2020/03/07/msc-cruise-guests-left-in-limbo-as-other-operators-announce-coronavirus-cancellation-policies/

image.png.3a9fbec98d966cc4cd33b8d5075cd3d4.png

1 minute ago, jeepfan2006 said:

I get that this is a difficult situation for all of us, but I just don't understand the outrage towards MSC. I’m a believer of consumers voting with their pocketbook. If you don’t like a company, don’t buy their product. If you don’t like the way MSC is handling this or their response timing, I’d say take matters into your own hands use the cancel for any reason insurance you purchased. That's why we purchase it in the first place.

I am quiet certain 1,000s of people will be voting with their pocketbook if MSC doesn't follow suite with the rest of the industry.

I can only speak for me, I am frustrated with MSC because I want to see them succeed and they continuously do bonehead moves like this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeepfan2006 said:

Are you serious? you don't understand the outrage? MSC is the only cruise line that has not done the right thing and offered FCC. Everyone else did it by last Friday. Not everyone has CFAR insurance and don't lecture us about not purchasing it that is another discussion. People are outraged because of MSC's lack of compassion and not doing the right thing like EVERY other line has. This is about fairness and treating your clients right. Every minute that passes without an FCC statement MSC is losing more and more customers. 

• Like 5

Just tried to cancel via terms outlined here, but they said I'd have to wait until tomorrow. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/cruise-assurance-program.aspx

CRUISE ASSURANCE PROGRAM

CANCEL UP TO 48 HOURS BEFORE YOUR CRUISE & RECEIVE A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
We want you to feel assured so we're allowing new and existing guests to cancel up to 48 hours prior to their cruise departure and reschedule for a future date. Effective March 10, 2020, Cruise Assurance is valid on sailings departing on or before July 31, 2020. If you choose to cancel your cruise and reschedule, a Future Cruise Credit will be given in the amount paid that is valid on any MSC cruise on or before December 31, 2021.

Questions regarding Cruise Assurance? Click here to view our FAQ. 

CRUISE ASSURANCE PROGRAM

We want you to feel assured so we're allowing new and existing guests to cancel up to 48 hours prior to their cruise departure and reschedule for a future date. Effective March 10, 2020, Cruise Assurance is valid on sailings departing on or before July 31, 2020. If you choose to cancel your cruise and reschedule, a Future Cruise Credit will be given in the amount paid that is valid on any MSC cruise on or before December 31, 2021.

Questions regarding Cruise Assurance? Click here to view our FAQ

Now that we've reassured you and you're ready to cruise, book our: 
SUPER BALCONY UPGRADE - Extended through March 18
- Balconies From $249 pp on 7-night Cruises (balcony staterooms at interior prices)

BOOK YOUR CRUISE NOW ON ONE OF OUR FOUR SHIPS IN THE CARIBBEAN: 

To view more Caribbean cruises, click here

Edited by Cullyman15
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott6180 said:

Just tried to cancel via terms outlined here, but they said I'd have to wait until tomorrow. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/cruise-assurance-program.aspx

CRUISE ASSURANCE PROGRAM

We want you to feel assured so we're allowing new and existing guests to cancel up to 48 hours prior to their cruise departure and reschedule for a future date. Effective March 10, 2020, Cruise Assurance is valid on sailings departing on or before July 31, 2020. If you choose to cancel your cruise and reschedule, a Future Cruise Credit will be given in the amount paid that is valid on any MSC cruise on or before December 31, 2021.

Questions regarding Cruise Assurance? Click here to view our FAQ. 

There is it! NCL is giving until December 31, 2022 to re-schuedule, but my group will take this.

Caution: MSC has jacked up the pricing of all fall trips. Don't be lured into thinking you must re-book now. Those prices are going to drop again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cullyman15 said:

Are you serious? you don't understand the outrage? 

Yes. No.

9 minutes ago, Cullyman15 said:

Every minute that passes without an FCC statement MSC is losing more and more customers. 

I agree and I think you're correct. In my opinion though, MSC needs to be sure they make a financial decision that keeps them solvent, otherwise customers won't matter. I don't know their financial situation, so I can't say hand-over-heart that they're not doing what they think is best. Anyway, I think eventually (today?) they'll publish a new refund policy. Then, we can turn our outrage at the inadequacy of that new policy. 

• Like 2