MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

Here is my question... we sail out of Italy May 17th (still deciding if that's doable for us)... but we'd rather not be so far from home with all of this going on (coming from Texas with 2 kids and landing in Milan). We are still in the window of a 50% refund. Could our Future Cruise Credit be for 50% of the cost and we get refunded the other 50%?? The reason I ask is, we spent way more on this trip than what we normally would because it was part of a 3 week bucket list trip for our family and we probably won't have another time where we can take this much time off of work. So, I would probably want to just use the FCC for a shorter, cheaper trip out of North America. I've already started looking and there is NOTHING available for any of the weeks our kids are off school next year. It's just all so frustrating!! I wish there was a way to know if May sailings will be ok :-/ 

1 hour ago, niko40 said:

I have emailed,  i have called, i have posted on their twitter account i have also email their pr office. 

The call resulted in they are not offering anything at this time.

I await the response from emails.

To be honest the penny has just dropped with me.

How suspicious is it that msc in the USA announce this less than 24 hours after the state department advise against their citizens cruising.....hmmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, rikitikitavii said:

We are boarding Divina on Tuesday, if for some reason we are not allowed on, I will let you know what MSC tells me.  Currently have no listed symptoms, so expect no issue.

Hi Rick! 

Liz and Cam from our CC group on Sinfonia, our first European MSC last April.  We continued on to a further three cruises on two other MSC ships and took trains between ports on land portions.  Looks like that may be a little tricky this year.

We were bumped from Ocean Cay on Meraviglia in November so you beat us there!  We were supposed to be second ship there but know the opening was delayed around two years for one thing or another but we were so close!:)

Have a couple in Europe booked for May but guess we won't know if they are happening for a few more weeks.

With this thing so unpredictable and deadly to some folks, I  don't want to be a "spreader" and don't like the thought of quarantine either! 

Enjoy the Divina!

I've just read MSC cancellation policy.  MSC USA is different from MSC Australia. 

On Australian MSC webpage cancel 119 to 90 days will lose deposit only and  89 days to 45 days -  25% penalty on Australia MSC website.  

On MSC USA website 60- 46 days - 50% penalty and 59 days to 15 days will lose 75%. 

It is inconsistent for the same company.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, antiq said:

I've just read MSC cancellation policy.  MSC USA is different from MSC Australia. 

On Australian MSC webpage cancel 119 to 90 days will lose deposit only and  89 days to 45 days -  25% penalty on Australia MSC website.  

On MSC USA website 60- 46 days - 50% penalty and 59 days to 15 days will lose 75%. 

What about the new Cruise assurance policy?

2020-03-09 15_22_25-Cruise Assurance _ 48 Hour Cancellation Policy _ MSC Cruises - PDF-XChange Edito.png

50 minutes ago, antiq said:

Different places have different business practices, customer expectations and rules. It's never one size fits all.

1 hour ago, lizinvan said:

Hi Rick! 

Liz and Cam from our CC group on Sinfonia, our first European MSC last April.  We continued on to a further three cruises on two other MSC ships and took trains between ports on land portions.  Looks like that may be a little tricky this year.

We were bumped from Ocean Cay on Meraviglia in November so you beat us there!  We were supposed to be second ship there but know the opening was delayed around two years for one thing or another but we were so close!:)

Have a couple in Europe booked for May but guess we won't know if they are happening for a few more weeks.

With this thing so unpredictable and deadly to some folks, I  don't want to be a "spreader" and don't like the thought of quarantine either! 

Enjoy the Divina!

We sailed Seaside in December, went to OC.  Will be interesting to see in 5 to 10 years when trees, etc are mature. It was overcast, cool (for us Floridians), rained. But we had a good time. Hopefully the next few days will be uneventful.

Good to hear from you!!

Very responsible of them to do this...  

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Cruise-Assurance-Program-FAQ.aspx

We are Florida residents.  It's now in the schools here but they have not yet closed any and it's not yet out in the press.  There are many, many people who have been exposed first and second hand through schools and conferences in the last week.  It's the peak of Tourist Season and Spring Break 2020.   

At least MSC is doing the responsible thing to prevent matters from getting worse.  I only hope that everyone else does the same.

MSC.jpg

Edited by Whenisdinner

30 minutes ago, lisaleopard said:

Does anyone know or heard if Genoa is still in operation as I cannot believe they would be 

All Italian ports are closed.  For example, the Costa Luminosa announced yesterday that it will disembark in Marseille, rather than in Venice on 3/25.  Our sail, the Musica, was supposed to disembark in Venice on 4/16.  

The big question will be whether enough ports will stay open to allow sails, and where will they be?  Otherwise, vessels will have to temporarily layoff the crew until they restart sailing.

Happy and Safe Sailing🛳

Edited by cshepard1965

9 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Can anyone confirm what the refund/cancelation status is today for European sailings?

MSC Grandiosa 10 April out of Barcelona. 

Msc uk are not offering refund or cancellation as it stands as of today 

News Just In The whole of Italy has now been locked down

Coronavirus Italy CRISIS: Whole country in lockdown as 1,800 cases recorded in ONE DAY

ITALIAN Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has announced the whole country will be placed into lockdown as the European nation struggles to handle the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

Edited by niko40

47 minutes ago, Whenisdinner said:

Very responsible of them to do this...  

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Cruise-Assurance-Program-FAQ.aspx

We are Florida residents.  It's now in the schools here but they have not yet closed any and it's not yet out in the press.  There are many, many people who have been exposed first and second hand through schools and conferences in the last week.  It's the peak of Tourist Season and Spring Break 2020.   

At least MSC is doing the responsible thing to prevent matters from getting worse.  I only hope that everyone else does the same.

MSC.jpg

Where are you getting your facts from?  I live in Florida and have not heard anything about schools being infected with the virus. 

Edited by versuco
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

MSC sent me a FCC good only for a Caribbean cruise and cannot be used for YC. I was booked on a Mediterranean cruise. How does that make any sense?

Have to call and straighten this out. Ugh. 

Well at least your being offered fcc us poor uk cruisers cant even get that lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

MSC sent me a FCC good only for a Caribbean cruise and cannot be used for YC. I was booked on a Mediterranean cruise. How does that make any sense?

Have to call and straighten this out. Ugh. 

Was the cruise you cancelled for a Caribbean? Was the cruise you cancelled in the YC? This tells me that 

a) YC in the caribbean is selling well

b) the Med is selling better than the Caribbean for MSC

c) Msc has no idea what they are doing.

Niko and Sid: I truly feel for you. It's BS that MSC can't make a blanket policy to cover you also.

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Different places have different business practices, customer expectations and rules. It's never one size fits all.

Royal Caribbean have announced a full cruise credit to be used within 12 months if you cancel a booking before 48 hours prior to cruise - and that's applicable to UK bookings - I hope MSC are going to announce the same thing or something very similar

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

BB ... So far we are not affected but there should be a global position from MSC like the other lines and not one for each Country offering varying degrees of changes.

Indeed. 

A european cruiser complained on another board that he has paid around 30% of the cruise cost, and that MSC is offering him back only 20 % return for a cancelation.