MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

15 minutes ago, Scott6180 said:

Effective March 10, 2020, Cruise Assurance is valid on sailings departing on or before July 31, 2020. If you choose to cancel your cruise and reschedule, a Future Cruise Credit will be given in the amount paid that is valid on any MSC cruise on or before December 31, 2021.

Questions regarding Cruise Assurance? Click here to view our FAQ. 

It makes sense that this starts tomorrow. They need a day to get all their people up to speed on how to handle each call that comes through on this. On a non-crisis day, we know they already struggle with hold times, straight answers, and customer service logistics. Hopefully today is a serious planning and training day for every agent. For those not approaching a PIF date or a Sail Date this week, I would suggest waiting a couple of days longer, because there will surely be a learning curve in the rollout.

• Like 2

We tried to upgrade to a balcony last week from an inside. The price was then $1589 on the website and MSC told us we had to pay $1800 because we were already booked. Seriously MSC?? now you won't be able to give those cabins away. 

A greedy business model doesn't always work.

Thanks MSC. You done good (albeit maybe a little late to the prom)

Yeah, hold times are going to be savagely long, and ensuring you get the credit, if they can't do it on the spot, is going to take follow-up.

Again, good biz MSC.  Your Diamond guy here will stick with ya.

• Like 2

Here is the policy if you are denied boarding due to Temperature. NOTE Where it says 38 C ? On the UK site updated info it says 37.5 C ! you could not make it up. So $100 / Euros obc for being denied boarding but nothing if you do not cancel your cruise!

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

Please find the procedure below regarding if you were to be denied on-board at embarkation.

PAX DENIED AT EMBARKATION DUE TO FEVER SYMPTOMS (>38 C°/100.4 F°) –  WHO SUFFER FROM FEVERISHNESS, CHILLS, COUGH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING

ON THE EMBARKATION DAY:
o       At embarkation pax will receive a Letter notifying to get in touch with MSC, through their Travel Agency or Contact Center;
o       Contact center will offer an alternative Cruise with equivalent price ( dept among with an embarkation date between June 17, 2020 and May 31, 2021, and receive an additional USD/EUR 100 onboard credit per cabin
o       In case pax accept reprotection, the new booking will be discounted for the amount originally paid, the old booking remain unchanged.

o       In case pax do not accept, MSC Cruises will not refund; pax should refer to their Travel Insurance to get refund. Sensitive cases will have to be evaluated time by time

cleardot.gif
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, niko40 said:

Cant see anything on uk site lets see if it appears 

Niko ... A friend just called MSC UK and was told this ... Unbelievable !

At this time there is no new cancellation policy for MSC UK customers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidari said:

MSC Opera it seems has had the next cruise cancelled, it arrived in Civitavecchia today, One guest who posted on the MSC Opera fans page guests was told last night that his cruise from Genoa tomorrow was cancelled. No reason so far has been given.

MSC is denying boarding to anyone who has an Italian passport or who has traveled through any areas of quarantine in the past 14 days, including most, if not all of Italy.

Do you really need an official statement for why a cruise out of Rome would be canceled given the new policies in place?

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

Nothing supprises me with them anymore i had same response today

Edited by niko40

1 minute ago, sidari said:

Imagine that, customer service isn't made immediately aware of an announcement right after it happens at the corporate level.  That almost never happens with other companies.

(in case you couldn't tell, this former customer service agent from another industry is saying this dripping with sarcasm.  It usually takes days for how these policies will be enforced to trickle down to the ones actually dealing with customers... especially in times of constant flux)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beardface said:

MSC is denying boarding to anyone who has an Italian passport or who has traveled through any areas of quarantine in the past 14 days, including most, if not all of Italy.

Do you really need an official statement for why a cruise out of Rome would be canceled given the new policies in place?

You are quoting the US policy!

52 minutes ago, djhstevens said:

I just got off the phone with MSC, we are scheduled to leave on the 14th. The announcement is coming in the next two hours.  The update was not the announcement..

Thank you for that info... we are scheduled for the 14th also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cullyman15 said:

CRUISE ASSURANCE PROGRAM

CANCEL UP TO 48 HOURS BEFORE YOUR CRUISE & RECEIVE A FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT
We want you to feel assured so we're allowing new and existing guests to cancel up to 48 hours prior to their cruise departure and reschedule for a future date. Effective March 10, 2020, Cruise Assurance is valid on sailings departing on or before July 31, 2020. If you choose to cancel your cruise and reschedule, a Future Cruise Credit will be given in the amount paid that is valid on any MSC cruise on or before December 31, 2021.

Questions regarding Cruise Assurance? Click here to view our FAQ

Now that we've reassured you and you're ready to cruise, book our: 
SUPER BALCONY UPGRADE - Extended through March 18
- Balconies From $249 pp on 7-night Cruises (balcony staterooms at interior prices)

BOOK YOUR CRUISE NOW ON ONE OF OUR FOUR SHIPS IN THE CARIBBEAN: 

To view more Caribbean cruises, click here

Anyone else notice that the MSC Cruise Assurance link does not appear to be active anymore?

• Like 2

Regarding the link not working. For crying out loud! I need reassurance that I can book an alternative vacation and postpone my 3/21 cruise. I can’t do that if they’re screwing around with the policy. I do have a screenshot but I’d that really helpful in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tara619 said:

Regarding the link not working. For crying out loud! I need reassurance that I can book an alternative vacation and postpone my 3/21 cruise. I can’t do that if they’re screwing around with the policy. I do have a screenshot but I’d that really helpful in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is just a function of dealing with MSC. They are messy. They make things more difficult than they need be. They are late to the game. BUT..... eventually they come through. I know this may not help you much right now, but I really do expect that the policy will stick tomorrow. I get that it's frustrating 😞

• Like 1

Personally I have no problem with how MSC handled this and I get people’s caution about this Coronavirus, but I’m also of the opinion it is a whole lot more media hype and ratings driven sensationalism . I’m far more worried about influenza than this.  I will not criticize or fault anyone cancelling who is sailing in the next few weeks. I sail on May 30th and I’m just going to wait this thing out and see what happens. My hunch, the media frenzy disappears and this virus sails off into the sunset with the rest of the overhyped viruses over the last decade or so. I may be proven wrong in the long run, but fortunately I have some time before May 30th. Best wishes and best of luck to all of you who have to make a decision in the next few weeks. 

Edited by lastchamp64
  • Like 5

@lastchamp64I completely agree that the media has lost there flipping minds.

However; yesterday's turn over was a mess. I think people who are cancelling (our group) are not doing so because we are frightened of corona. We are cancelling to avoid messy turn over days, rescheduling flights, stuck on the ship, etc....

I suspect more then 25,000 cruisers were negatively effected this weekend in just Florida and California.

The numbers are rough estimates of course.

Grand Princess: In quarantine: 2,500 passengers

Cancelled Grand Princess cruises: 4 weeks = 10,000 passengers

Royal Princess: Cancelled cruise. 2,500 passengers

Regal Princess: Cruisers not debarking until after 10 p.m. (missed flights). $2,000

Regal Princess: 3/8 cruise cancelled 2,500 passengers

Carnival Panorama: Debarked denied. Eventually debarked one day late. 2,500

Carnival Panorama: Those now on a 6 day cruise embarking late. 2,500

Ruby Princess. Debarked/embark late 2,500

And these are just issues at turn around days. Not counting the ports that have been cancelled.

Now that the CDC and state government have issued warnings to ALL cruisers to avoid cruising there are likely issues with cruisers no longer being covered by insurance policies (which is a big deal for some).

I completely agree that the media has lost there flipping minds. Actually, everyone has lost their minds.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Actually, everyone has lost their minds.

LOL!!! I agree. My concern isn't so much acquiring COVID-19 as it is undergoing a two-week quarantine because someone else on the ship has. What happened during yesterday's turnover?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lastchamp64 said:

Personally I have no problem with how MSC handled this and I get people’s caution about this Coronavirus, but I’m also of the opinion it is a whole lot more media hype and ratings driven sensationalism . I’m far more worried about influenza than this.  I will not criticize or fault anyone cancelling who is sailing in the next few weeks. I sail on May 30th and I’m just going to wait this thing out and see what happens. My hunch, the media frenzy disappears and this virus sails off into the sunset with the rest of the overhyped viruses over the last decade or so. I may be proven wrong in the long run, but fortunately I have some time before May 30th. Best wishes and best of luck to all of you who have to make a decision in the next few weeks. 

Same.  This has caused everyone to go completely insane with hysteria.  Thing is, regular influenza is every bit as bad as COVID-19.  If you actually looked into what influenza is, how many people it infects every year, how many people it kills every year, and see how much the flu shot you get every year actually protects you vs these simple steps that we are being stressed now (wash hands, stay away from high density situations, wash hands) we should have this similar kind of insanity every year.  But I'm going to just go ahead and bet that this time next year it will all be a thing of the distant past.

• Like 1