Coco Beach Club - Short Review

On March 1, we did the Coco Beach Club and highly recommend it if you can get a good price.  In the morning we walked over, then took the tram on the way back.  Walking was quicker.

In our opinion, it is worth up to $100 per adult (nothing there for the kids unless you get an over the water cabana, with the cool slide).  There was plenty of room, lots of good seating arrangements, plenty of beach chairs with umbrellas, a lovely pool (but water was cold), centrally located bar, a towel station with no need to check out towels, and a few floating mats for the ocean.  The beach loungers are set up between the floating cabanas, so you had a nice view of the water. 

We arrived at 10:30 and it was not crowded (there were two ships in Port, the Mariner and the Navigator).  First stop after getting our wristbands was the restaurant to make lunch reservations.  We were offered 11:15 or 11:45, but picked noon.  We then found a four chair seating group with an umbrella near the pool.  There were two regular chairs and two rocking chairs.  Very comfortable for reading.

Lunch was very nice.  We recommend the grilled Bahamian lobster and the grilled grouper.  Waiter suggested Surf and Turf, which was lobster and a filet.  

There are roaming bar servers, and staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.  We stayed until 4:15, and were back on the ship by 4:45.  

My only complaint was there were only two stalls in the women's restroom, so of course, there was always a line.

Other than that, it was a perfect way to spend the day.  And we did not hear the "Perfect Day" song even once on the island! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, OHCruisin said:

My planner is showing $79 for our October Harmony cruise.  Should pull the trigger.

You can always cancel later. It can sell out, they only sell a couple hundred passes. 

We also did the Beach Club at Coco Cay on our recent cruise on Symphony of the Seas. We lucked out on Black Friday with the $50.99 pp deal. From what I understand, they limit how many ppl they admit to the Beach Club. Not crowded at all. The other beaches on Coco Cay were shoulder-to-shoulder ppl. Meal was excellent. Highly recommend.

7 hours ago, OHCruisin said:

My planner is showing $79 for our October Harmony cruise.  Should pull the trigger.

As stated, buy it now.  You can always cancel and repurchase if the price drops.  We are there next week on the Symphony and I must have been lucky to get our passes for $51 last year when they became available for our cruise.

BTW, nice screen name!!  :classic_biggrin:

$100? Seriously? We do not plan to spend any additional money to visit their private island. We don't do the water park, have drink packages. We will walk around, maybe find somewhere to sit or have a bite to eat. 

But thanks for letting us know that you very much enjoyed it. :classic_biggrin: I'm sure that a lot of people will enjoy an exclusive beach and lunch experience. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I would really enjoy this, but my max would be about $80.  I've been to too many other islands and gone on some amazing excursions that cost less.  I get it, RCCL wants to monetize their investment in Coco Cay, but there are lots of islands with exclusive beach clubs for much less than the $199 they are asking now.   This is especially true when you consider that the rest of the island is free, with free lunch included.

Dan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

As stated, buy it now.  You can always cancel and repurchase if the price drops.  We are there next week on the Symphony and I must have been lucky to get our passes for $51 last year when they became available for our cruise.

BTW, nice screen name!!  :classic_biggrin:

😄

$39 per person for our Anthem cruise 3/15,  figured it’s worth a shot.  I preferred it when it was just an island where everyone could chill for free without the added pressure of what am I missing etc.  Don’t care for the Water park, ...We shall see.

We all have champagne taste but  beer budgets so we can travel more , right ,😋

Thanks for the review.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SConnolly said:

$39 per person for our Anthem cruise 3/15,  figured it’s worth a shot.  I preferred it when it was just an island where everyone could chill for free without the added pressure of what am I missing etc.  Don’t care for the Water park, ...We shall see.

We all have champagne taste but  beer budgets so we can travel more , right ,😋

Thanks for the review.

You are welcome.  I also snagged the $39 price and it was well worth it. 

Just now, joand452 said:

Is the restaurant lunch included in the fee?  We got it for around $100 for the two of us sometime in December. Hope the water is warmer in early May!

Yes, lunch was included.  And it was very good. By May, the water will be perfect. Enjoy!