Loyalty levels.

chromered7

There are no levels in the Viking program. Either you have sailed with Viking and are entitled to all of the program perks or you haven't.
To be fair, "all the program perks" is somewhat of an overstatement. Minor discount if you book another cruise within a year after your previous one; half that discount if you book within two years. Also early notification of and access of new Viking products.
Did I miss anything?

Point is really just that all passengers are treated equally, and no one is more special than another.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, just_dont said:

To be fair, "all the program perks" is somewhat of an overstatement. Minor discount if you book another cruise within a year after your previous one; half that discount if you book within two years. Also early notification of and access of new Viking products.
Did I miss anything?

Point is really just that all passengers are treated equally, and no one is more special than another.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP asked about levels of loyalty not the perks themselves. That there aren't really a lot of perks is a different story. But then again things that are offered as perks on other lines are already free on Viking -- like WiFi.

• Like 1

I agree with the others.  This is another thing I really like about Viking.  I am Diamond World Club with Cunard but enjoy more benefits as "just another" passenger with Viking.  No platinum, no diamond, no black cards.  The person you are chatting with at the bar could be in a basic 3 deck or the owner's suite and you would not know it unless you asked where their cabin was.  🍸

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Don’t forget referral awards. These can be worth a lot more than loyalty perks on other cruise lines. 

Yes, but getting that many referrals in one cruise season is easier said than done.

You may not advertise your referral number on line. You may not go trolling these boards offering to give people your number. See the following sticking for the Viking Oceans forum: Referral offers

Viking's loyalty is based on how much you pay for this cruise. That determines the order in which you can make dinner reservations or book tours, etc.

With more and more people arranging their own tours, I suspect that's a diminishing benefit.  My wife and I had no difficulty booking five visits to Manfredi's and Chef's Table on our Trade Routes trip in October.  Booking at 8 or 8.15 is magic, the place was empty.

As others have said, there really aren’t any levels like on other lines, but if there were levels why would Viking allow credit for loyalty levels on another line?  They are not connected in any way with other lines like the more mainstream lines - like Celebrity and Azamara are part of Royal Caribbean for instance.  It’s to their benefit to offer transferable loyalty points to keep you “in house” so to speak.  It’s a motivation to stick within their “family.”

Viking is Viking.  There are no other brands - Just Viking River and Viking Ocean. If you take a river cruise, then book an ocean cruise, you are treated like any past guest on that ocean cruise - and vice versa.