LIVE! B2B on the Grandeur March 7-27, 2020 with Dragon of the Seas

We are all enjoying our cruise.  

Here is a picture of the pool deck earlier. 

20200311_132803.thumb.jpg.6a9259e21484185d77f75bfc50ae75d6.jpg

There seems to always be one type or another of trivia going on.  

DH and I just finished watching the movie, "Its a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood." It was not at all what I expected--but, very good. 

• Like 2

Thanks so  much for your LIVE review.  We will be on Grandeur for the first time later this year.  We can't cruise right now, but sure are enjoying cruising with you virtually.  A quick question.  Which side is the  deck 5 smoking area?  I have conflicting info from RCCL and actual cruisers.  Thanks!!!!!  😎

7 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

Thanks so  much for your LIVE review.  We will be on Grandeur for the first time later this year.  We can't cruise right now, but sure are enjoying cruising with you virtually.  A quick question.  Which side is the  deck 5 smoking area?  I have conflicting info from RCCL and actual cruisers.  Thanks!!!!!  😎

It is the port side.  The left hand side when you face forward on the ship. 

I am sitting in the Centrum listening to music. I am not a smoker so the guy at the shore excursion desk told me which side. 😏  

1 hour ago, Wildcatfish said:

A7C1C1AD-1944-4BAA-863F-BEF057DDD91A.thumb.jpeg.eb7ae9f97127da73241872049596749e.jpegJust saw this rainbow from deck 5 port side. Fair seas and following winds ahead! Definitely a good omen.

btw... Nice day to be on deck 5 on a lounger! 🙂

I agree! Definitely a good sign! 😀 Looks beautiful!

One of the activities tonight was "Dancing with the Stripes."  Think Dancing with the Stars--sort of. 😁  Passengers and senior officers team up in a dance competition.  It is usually a lot of fun. . . and the talent is amazing.  However, it has been cancelled.  I am sure it is too close a contact with the passengers.  Those senior officers are pretty important to all of us!  😮

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, crusnbee said:

I have a very similar issue and am cringing to think that I will have to use sanitizer, especially during a flare up. I also have issues with soap and water occasionally, but do it anyway. Anything else special you do? Thanks for sharing.

Same, I also have trouble with soap and water. As much as I can I wash my hands in my room (I use a special soap which helps my skin so much!). I also find that using the hot air dryer doesnt dry my hands out as much as paper towels? So I've been using the restroom near MDR to use the air dryer as much as I can. And I have lotion on me At All Times and apply as soon as I can. I hope you're able to find something that works for you! 

OK, things change all the time.  We were just informed that overnight St Martin decided to change their policy for cruise ships.  I am not sure exactly what it is, but it means that we are going to St Thomas.  As it stands were are due to arrive and be able to disembark by 10:30 and leave at 5pm.  Since it was so last minute there are no ship excursions.  Our excursion will be refunded to us. 

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

OK, things change all the time.  We were just informed that overnight St Martin decided to change their policy for cruise ships.  I am not sure exactly what it is, but it means that we are going to St Thomas.  As it stands were are due to arrive and be able to disembark by 1:30 and leave at 5pm.  Since it was so last minute there are no ship excursions.  Our excursion will be refunded to us. 

I was wondering why so many ships were turning around after approaching the island.  Looks like Celebrity Edge is the only one so far docked.

• Like 1

IMG_20200312_063805.thumb.jpg.c6a1e86951ca7eb917650c50c8bed7f6.jpg

It is a beautiful morning.  I look forward to visiting St Thomas again.  Time to make lemonade out of lemons. 😁

IMG_20200312_063859.thumb.jpg.fc354415f0abc07b514dc0fbe5be3f40.jpg

We are almost there. Yhis was my first clue something was up.  This morning the TV station map showed us moving away from St Martin. 20200312_072225.thumb.jpg.a6d1548439f99a504aa83687e7c69bd2.jpg

• Like 1

Check out that "ICE" thing in downtown St. Thomas - if they still have it. Nice and cold in there, get a free shot of rum!  Takes about an hour. Something to do....

Seriously, sorry to hear about losing St. Maarten. Hope all goes well with the rest of the itinerary. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

7 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

We had heard about st marteen denying cruise ships s few days ago. Was wondering when they were gonna tell you all

what I had heard was they denied one ship because it had several cases of the flu and they were afraid they were CV.  I think there is one ship there now.  Celebrity Edge.  Maybe they stayed overnight and got there yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Sorry, I just heard from a friend on board.  Now you are missing St Thomas too!  She said the seas were somewhat calmer and she is enjoying the sun.  Hope you are able to do the same.🌞

Thought they were going to dock at St Thomas?  So that changed too?