Upsell offers?

Cruise Raider

1 minute ago, Doug R. said:

I got two upsell offers in the past month, one about two weeks ago which I accepted. I would think offers would increase since there is panic cancellations.

I would think so as well.  There is a lot of availability on my next cruise ... about 4 weeks from now.  Plus, so many people are cancelling ... including some family members which is why we didn't book Club Class or a suite, because we wanted to eat with them.  At this point, the prices have gone up a lot and was hoping, in light of dining on our own, that we might get an upsell offer.  Glad to hear it's business as usual.  

We got an email upsell offer yesterday afternoon. We decided to accept the offer so I emailed back. A couple of  hours later he emailed me  and said due to a  technical difficulty they can't process any paid upsell offers at this time. He said we would be kept in line and hear from him within 48 hours. So far it has been 24 hours so we will see what happens tomorrow.

• Like 1

We are booked on Sky out of Copenhagen 28 May. I originally booked an interior 1B. Through offers and TA we were moved to a 1F sideways interior. I hadn't looked at my account in over a month but when I logged on last night I was surprised to see we are now in a MF Mini Suite. Never got a call or email from either TA or Princess.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Hornet441 said:

We are booked on Sky out of Copenhagen 28 May. I originally booked an interior 1B. Through offers and TA we were moved to a 1F sideways interior. I hadn't looked at my account in over a month but when I logged on last night I was surprised to see we are now in a MF Mini Suite. Never got a call or email from either TA or Princess.

Now that is an upgrade!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornet441 said:

Best we ever got was from IC (Interior Lido cabin ) to B2 (Premium HC Caribe Balcony). No notification or anything, I just noticed it in the personalizer. Congrats on your cool upgrade! 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Best we ever got was from IC (Interior Lido cabin ) to B2 (Premium HC Caribe Balcony). No notification or anything, I just noticed it in the personalizer. Congrats on your cool upgrade! 😁

We got an upsell offer on our Panama Canal Island Princess May 9th cruise, but it wasn't very good- $600pp from balcony to mini-suite, with not very good locations available when I checked.  Ship was pretty close to being sold out, or sold out, but more are coming onto our thread, so I think we are also getting alot of cancellations.  DH is a high risk, so don't know what we will end up doing.  He really wants to go after all he's been through, but.......

28 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Glad to hear they are still offering these.  I would just love to receive one!!  

Hang tight. The cancel email only cam out this morning so i'm sure they'll be a load to go around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Hang tight. The cancel email only cam out this morning so i'm sure they'll be a load to go around. 

That's exactly what I'm thinking!  I think a LOT of people will be canceling within the next week.  We sailed once when the ship was only half full ... so nice not having to wait in line for dinner and being able to find a seat at the shows.  I never see that anymore ... but, it would behoove cruiselines to not fill their ships to capacity right now.  Less passengers and compensation to deal with if something goes awry.  

But, I was on a sailing shortly after 9/11 ... the day after they started letting airlines fly again in the US.  Wow ... did they ever fill that ship up in no time flat!  I think they ran a resident special.  Well, it was my first ever balcony room ... then, my DH was spoiled and doesn't like to travel without one.