Spirit, Mar 15 departing Mumbai

lesliedrew

On 3/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, Unibok said:

Thanks, Brian and all. I've often liked to think that I am equally at home in a village with no plumbing as I am in Silver Wind's The Bar, so perhaps my stint in the windowless depths of the Mumbai airport has proven that once and for all. I truly appreciate your COVID update, as the news I'm getting is slow and heavily filtered. My Luxor days are over, having gone there 2 weeks ago.

My current plan is an Ayurvedic resort in Sri Lanka, starting tomorrow. From what I can tell, Sri Lanka still has only 1 confirmed case. I'm not due in Greece for a month, so there's plenty of time to monitor, and pivot again if needed. 

THANK YOU again for the Greece updates. You are a good friend, even if we've never met 🙂

Hi Libby, Just catching up with this post. On the upside of your adventures you are not traveling with someone so there is no carping back & forth.  How is the Baltimore segment doing? Hope you paid extra for your cloud adventure storage.

Take care... til we meet again.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:35 AM, Unibok said:

Hmm ... 26 days of adventure to fill before heading to Greece ... where to go??? Given my misadventures in Mumbai, I will likely return to a place I know well and feel comfortable, one that will still keep me away from the chilly northeast, but will also keep distance between me and the worst of the outbreaks.

Unibok,

I hope you’ve decided to work your way home, but if not, it’s time too now as the US State Department has its highest level travel alert today; Level 4.  This Do Not Travel advisory advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.  And, in countries where commercial airline departure options remain available, U.S. citizens should arrange for their immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.

Best Wishes!

On 3/20/2020 at 1:50 AM, Stumblefoot said:

Unibok,

I hope you’ve decided to work your way home, but if not, it’s time too now as the US State Department has its highest level travel alert today; Level 4.  This Do Not Travel advisory advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.  And, in countries where commercial airline departure options remain available, U.S. citizens should arrange for their immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.

Best Wishes!

Brian, thank you for looking out for me. I'll be on my way home in a few hours, albeit reluctantly. "Indefinite" would have been fine if it meant a few more months, but if that turned into a year or so, I'm not prepared.

Qatar Airways is still flying, and at least 2 legs of the flight are filled to the brim. 

I'll let you know when I'm home safely and starting my 2-week self-quarantine.

U

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 1:17 AM, zqtchas said:

Hi Libby, Just catching up with this post. On the upside of your adventures you are not traveling with someone so there is no carping back & forth.  How is the Baltimore segment doing? Hope you paid extra for your cloud adventure storage.

Take care... til we meet again.

Charles! I've been wondering how you are. Please give my best to your lovely bride.

My Baltimore segment is doing very well, hunkering down in her apartment. The theatre company has been very generous with their apprentices, making sure that they all have grocery money, and finding ways for them to do online professional development work to continue getting paid. We've heard of other theatre companies having to kick their apprentices out of housing and fire nearly everyone, so she is very fortunate to be with Baltimore Center Stage. They are doing everything they can to keep all of their employees supported. Their generosity and personal strength has been inspiring. She says the weather is lovely now, perfect for long solitary walks.

Looking forward to sailing with you again someday

U

• Like 1

Final update: I'm home! One friend left home-made muffins in my freezer, and another stocked me with groceries and fresh flowers. Wishing you all well -- good health, good friends, and good distance!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unibok said:

Final update: I'm home! One friend left home-made muffins in my freezer, and another stocked me with groceries and fresh flowers. Wishing you all well -- good health, good friends, and good distance!

Yay! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- has anybody who was booked on the Cancelled Mumbai to Dubai cruise received their refund yet? We booked through a travel agent and they advised on Monday that they had still not received the refund from Silversea and we should expect it within 4-6 weeks. Just curious if I am being spun a line by our TA.

thanks