If you just sailed - Let future cruisers know about your experience

Boscodog

We got off the Edge yesterday 3/8.  No issues at all during the week.  Constant cleaning going on - very evident in all the public rooms,.  On embarkation we were asked questions about our travel history, any health issues.  We were told Saturday at Capt Kate's Q&A that additional protocols were being put in place for those passengers boarding 3/8.

• Like 1

We are just off Infinity this morning (3/9/2020). 4 night out of Miami. Enjoyed the ship & cruise. Crew was wonderful. Food was excellent. My last cruises have been on Equinox and Eclipse. This trip reminded me of how much I enjoy the ships such as Infinity. 

One of many reasons that we like Celebrity is that their ships have always seemed cleaner than others with a much bigger staff presence. Purell stations have always been present and crew have been at the buffet restaurant entrances with Purell as well. No different on this cruise - same high level of Purell availability.

This cruise the crew seemed to be  washing the hand rails much more frequently. The hall around our cabin - deck 7 port forward - the cabin stewards were constantly washing down the hand rails with a disinfecting solution more so than I recall on past cruises. I recall on prior cruises that the rails would be wiped down. This was different in that they constantly had buckets of solution around and were using color coded cloths and getting the rails heavily coated with solution and letting it sit before wiping off.

Our observation - We felt that the ship felt quiet and a bit empty even though we were told that the ship was full (I would not expect the crew to say anything different). 

Just got off the Oasis of the Seas yesterday and scheduled to board the Edge March 29. Both with a balcony. I tend to eat everything with a knife and fork (even burger or bread) I carry a small bottle of purell to get a quick touch up at the table. We also carried a few weeks worth of meds, just in case. Ship was always clean as I expect the Edge will be. Oh, and we always asked for a table for 2. We are 65 & 69. 
Johanne. 

Edge 2/16-23 and the Silhouette 2/23-3/6

Lots of stair rail cleaning. Only used a knuckle for elevator buttons. Didn’t eat in the buffet much but when we did, we used a hand wipe AFTER handling the serving spoons. We cleaned our table with a hand wipe and set our silverware on an extra napkin. Think about all those hands on the serving spoons before you sit down to eat. Use a hand wipe before eating!

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

Have they made any changes to muster drill?  Just wondering since that puts big groups of people very close together. 

It is my understanding that once a ship has been designed and the locations of the muster stations determined they will not be changed over the life of the ship. The muster drill is mandated by law and not cruise line decision. The only important part of the drill is that it is mandated and that all passengers must report to their assigned muster location. 

We were on a HAL cruise years ago where for the first 3 days, the staff served at the buffet.  It seemed to be this captains choice to try to make sure there was no Noro.  After 3 days, he allowed self-serve again. We do not eat many meals in the buffet, however sometimes it is nice, quick and convenient.  In times such as these I don't think I would object to having staff serve all stations at the buffet. 

Also, I find myself doing such things as using a knuckle to push the elevator buttons.  Also as long as we are in calm seas, I don't use the handrails (or perhaps my forearm).  Also, I wash my hands constantly in addition to using the hand sanitizer.  It is my understanding that hand sanitizer alone is not enough.  I do love the S-class features where there is a button to open public restroom doors (pushed with a hand or paper towel, of course!).

We just got of the Solstice this morning in Auckland.

I may not be the best person to comment as this was our first Celebrity cruise. But we had a wonderful time. the food was great, the ship was excellent and the crew were brilliant!

We along with everyone else acted and behaved normally. There was a lot of hand washing and the crew were very diligent with their cleaning. Not sure if this is normal?

We have another cruise booked in May. Honolulu to Vancouver. Not sure what to do. Its not the cruise that frightens us but the chance of ending up in a US hospital and the bill at the end.

17 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

We just got of the Solstice this morning in Auckland.

I may not be the best person to comment as this was our first Celebrity cruise. But we had a wonderful time. the food was great, the ship was excellent and the crew were brilliant!

We along with everyone else acted and behaved normally. There was a lot of hand washing and the crew were very diligent with their cleaning. Not sure if this is normal?

We have another cruise booked in May. Honolulu to Vancouver. Not sure what to do. Its not the cruise that frightens us but the chance of ending up in a US hospital and the bill at the end.

You are welcome to let us know more if you wish i.e. was the ship full etc.

I am on the March 20 cruise to the barrier reef and ending in Auckland.   We are on a Qantas flight.   Was your flight changed in any way?   The end getting home is a little concerning with Qantas saying they are cancelling some flights.

Thanks

I believe the ship was almost full. Various staff opinions of between 2600 and 2750. Other than times in the buffet when it was hard to find a seat, the ship seemed nice and spacious to us that is why we asked. Aqua seemed full as there was always a queue to get in after 7pm.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:29 PM, Boscodog said:

We cannot decide whether or not to cancel our March 15 Edge cruise.  Perhaps hearing cruisers who recently disembarked within the last week, (late February - early March) can help us make this decision.

We booked during that great Veteran’s Day sale and would really hate to cancel this trip that we have been looking forward to the cruise and experiencing the Edge.

Any comments would be appreciated.

We canceled the 3/15 cruise and believe that is the best decision as the situation continues to get worse.  If you look at the number of available cabins and suites- that were full a couple of weeks ago- many people have decided to cancel.  You of course should make your decision.

Edited by Cruise a holic