Price Drop from Large Senior Discount

I just called to get ~$300 price drop for an August cruise.  Not unusual these days.  What I found interesting though is that a big chunk of the drop was from a large senior discount.  The senior discount actually overrode my Diamond balcony discount (not combinable?).  Wondering if they are seeing a lot of cancellations from seniors and are countering with discounts targeted at seniors.

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just called to get ~$300 price drop for an August cruise.  Not unusual these days.  What I found interesting though is that a big chunk of the drop was from a large senior discount.  The senior discount actually overrode my Diamond balcony discount (not combinable?).  Wondering if they are seeing a lot of cancellations from seniors and are countering with discounts targeted at seniors.

Congratulations!  You should call back and check but seniors discounts like resident rates are combinable with C&A rates.  I bet that they just defaulted to their current $ off promo which is not combinable.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Congratulations!  You should call back and check but seniors discounts like resident rates are combinable with C&A rates.  I bet that they just defaulted to their current $ off promo which is not combinable.  

Thanks Ken...that must be it.  There is a "savings plus" discount of $150 per person on the updated booking, which is probably what was not combinable with the balcony discount (which was previously $63 pp).  The senior discount totaled $1326. 😲

• Like 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks Ken...that must be it.  There is a "savings plus" discount of $150 per person on the updated booking, which is probably what was not combinable with the balcony discount (which was previously $63 pp).  The senior discount totaled $1326. 😲

What ship and date?

Suites have been sold out on that cruise for months.  Two JS now available.  Hoping that I can parlay additional drops/cancellations into a GS or better.  Assuming that we all aren't living in bubbles by then. 🙄