March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

From what I understand the sick patient was initially cleared by the CDC and was being disembarked first with a medical issue.  Not sure what that is though.  But the hospital was the one that requested the Corona Virus test before/upon admission.  Hence what followed after.  All had to wait for the results.  Any way this is what I've read somewhere in the 100's of post I've read .  Been following this very close, as we just got off the Panorama a couple weeks ago.  And I always follow Saint Gregs LIVE reviews, LOL

Edited by PekingeseLady

Was in the last group to disembarked from Panorama this morning at approx. 10am

For those who were waiting for embarkation this morning...the lines were long but orderly..talked to about 10 people and they were happy that their cruise was going forward.

MHO on our delayed disembarkation it was handled as well as could be expected.

Did not see or hear one person on board complaining, what a wonderful group of Pax. ...there were 1000+ kids on board and they and their parents and grandparents accepted the situation with grace.

Certainly there was misinformation(alot) and for those that wanted to get off straight away or had to rebook flights more then once, there was tremendous frustration.

But the overall feel of the ship, was one of acceptance and understanding.

Honestly what could we do....however  what great relief was felt  when it was announced  that the woman had tested negative. I happened to be watching a Dive in movie and great applause filled the air.

The reality is no one got on that ship not knowing the possibility of  a quarantine only unless they lived with their head in the sand. Several of us spoke of it when waiting to embark about bringing extra snacks and clothes.

Edited by land lover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have made a short pit stop in Cabo this morning to disembark for a medical emergency. Emma stated it was a guest who needed “emergency surgery.” 

So we are briefly docked and will then head to PV, and then back to Cabo Thursday for our scheduled port day here. 

Very fascinating voyage thus far. 

I’ve gotten conflicting reports from staff, but the gist is that roughly 1,000 pax cancelled as a result of Saturday’s mess. It doesn’t seem super full on board and has been pleasant. 

More later. 

80073968-D3F2-473B-B7E9-7BBD87F5AF68.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, NereusJ said:

Anyone who was on the Panorama for the 3/7 cruise receive a prorated refund yet? 

I am doubtful it will happen as well as sending receipts to a generic mailbox. 

My friends I was traveling with have - but I have not.