March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The saga continues......  despite whatever the outcome, the feds or whomever called for the test, need to get a much better handle on testing. Unacceptable, and goes to show how really unprepared we are to handle this whole thing. 

Totally agree. This is unchartered waters everyone is sailing into, and it a learning experience, and that learning curve must be almost straight up. I hurt for those affected passengers , both on the ship, and those waiting to board the ship. I really feel for you all. I honestly feel as though this was not Carnival's fault. True, they could have been more forthcoming with information, and it's a shame it didn't come. Now, however they seem to have a plan in place.

An I don't think for one minute that everyone in the Carnival organization, has not been scrambling at breakneck speed to try to mitigate this catastrophe. I also believe that Carnival is trying to be as accommodating as can reasonably be expected.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, amcankid said:

Now we’re gonna see who the honorable hotels are. Those hotels who come through should be publicized so we know to patronize them, and those who price gouge should be fined by the government. 

I'm not even sure if you can get an decent hotel room in LA for $200 a night, especially on a Saturday night.  ???  It's been so long but in the past, when airlines canceled your flight they had a block of hotel rooms for the stranded passengers.  I would expect that the cruiselines would have something set up much the same for these instances.  Maybe they've never had to encounter it before.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Exactly what I thought would happen. Now it's official. 

It is official that that is what they intend.  The way the past week has gone things change rapidly.  Glad to see they are offering a full refund if guests choose at this point. 

10 minutes ago, amcankid said:

Now we’re gonna see who the honorable hotels are. Those hotels who come through should be publicized so we know to patronize them, and those who price gouge should be fined by the government. 

Whatever capacity is available will be sold at current rates; most of the rates are set dynamically and won't really respond to a sudden influx of booking.  I think most hotels would run out of space before the pricing can change 

Edit:  Just looked up Cruise Port Long Beach Hotels and fares mostly in the 150-250 per night range but most showing 1,2, 4 rooms left etc and the majority are sold out.  

Edited by LMaxwell

9 minutes ago, 1city@atime said:

Depending on when the results come in and what they are. The current Panorama guests maybe stuck awhile. I hope this gets cleared up overnight and it's business as usual tomorrow. As we said earlier, how is Imagination going to pull in tomorrow with Panorama still there. Have the Imagination guests embarking tomorrow been notified yet of changes?

As of 15 minutes ago.....no.  Probably now tho. 

I think Carnival knows they are screwed in this situation no matter how they handle it. They are usually following weather patterns and rerouting/changing itinerary due to storms. This is not something they deal with it everyday. They are dependent on the medical world to make decisions. It sucks for all involved. The letter sounds like they are financially taking care of people who are at the port waiting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sillyjilly said:

Incorrect. That's the Diamond Princess. Grand is out of San Francisco.

the diamond princess was the Japan ship. the grand princess has 21 confirmed cases and is floating near SF. and then there is the royal princess which just cancelled a sailing due to a staff member coming on from the grand princess.

• Like 1

Just now, joeyancho said:

If I am reading this correctly,  the test has not come back.  So they dont really know if they are sailing tomorrow. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

As of this time your statement is factually accurate.  

• Like 1

Just now, joeyancho said:

If I am reading this correctly,  the test has not come back.  So they dont really know if they are sailing tomorrow. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

correct- plus the imagination is supposed to dock tomorrow and the inspiration on monday. Long beach only fits one ship. San Mateo (close) wont fit them all either

more issues to come.

Although I feel bad for everyone involved, I feel really bad for those sitting in the terminal, and their luggage is sitting somewhere on carts. I can’t imagine what a 💩 show that is going to be, trying to get luggage back and then find a hotel.

1 minute ago, crzndeb said:

Although I feel bad for everyone involved, I feel really bad for those sitting in the terminal, and their luggage is sitting somewhere on carts. I can’t imagine what a 💩 show that is going to be, trying to get luggage back and then find a hotel.

Wonder if they can leave it and come back a.m.

5 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

correct- plus the imagination is supposed to dock tomorrow and the inspiration on monday. Long beach only fits one ship. San Mateo (close) wont fit them all either

more issues to come.

I think you mean San Pedro. San Mateo is by San Francisco.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever capacity is available will be sold at current rates; most of the rates are set dynamically and won't really respond to a sudden influx of booking.  I think most hotels would run out of space before the pricing can change 

Edit:  Just looked up Cruise Port Long Beach Hotels and fares mostly in the 150-250 per night range but most showing 1,2, 4 rooms left etc and the majority are sold out.  

The LA Marathon is tomorrow. I’m sure that’s taking up a lot of rooms tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

more issues to come.

And if the test is positive no one gets off. No one gets on and we have another Grand Princess situation.   And who know what the issue is with the Regal Princess.   What a cluster fluster.  Feel sorry for everyone who got their vacation ruined.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bartzcrew said:

I sail on Imagination tomorrow. We just got text and email about delayed embarkation. We aren't to head to port till we hear from carnival.

677964F3-1104-47D4-A9F8-36E54760AF60.png

If they were a guest on the Panorama going to Mexico how is that not international travel? 

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

If they were a guest on the Panorama going to Mexico how is that not international travel? 

I think they meant before the cruise, ie a source for the virus before the 7 day cruise