March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

3 minutes ago, aandjw said:

Tomorrow is busy day with Norwegian Joy due in San Pedro. So 2 Carnival ships, Royal Princess and Joy all need a parking spot between the 2 ports. Will be complicated

It's been a long, long time since I  sailed from San Pedro. Do you know how many berths are there? I remember at least two 

Edited by Jamman54

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

It's been a long, long time since I  sailed from San Pedro. Do you know how many berths are there? I remember at least two 

Depends on the size of the vessel. 91/92, 93AB and a remote terminal without a building if I remember...

12 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

The 19 crew members that tested positive (out of 21) are from the Grand Princess, off the coast of San Francisco.

At least one of the crew on the grand princess came from another ship is the latest chatter

Just now, gopackgo21 said:

Does anyone know, at what point can I cancel and be refunded? 

Based on past experience if they change your cruise to six days, they may offer to allow you to cancel without penalty.

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Depends on when u r cruising

Was planning on today but I am currently still sitting in a hotel in Long Beach. We made a back up plan to fly to Mexico if the cruise is cancelled but we have 2 rooms booked. I don't want to book travel until we know, but would also like to book as soon as possible if needed. 

16 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

That's correct. 

Yes, room for only one ship and I'm booked to leave on the IMAGINATION which needs that pier tomorrow morning. I can't imagine them keeping the PANORAMA there overnight. Where are all the passengers going to stay if they can't board the PANORAMA ? Definitely a real cluster.

3 minutes ago, cruisingadget said:

They did that once that I can recall when Long Beach was closed due to large ocean swells. 

I believe they scheduled a cruise out of there as well fairly recently, and of course the Splendor was towed there a good while back.  Certainly could shock there and bus people back north to LA

1 minute ago, glrounds said:

Yes, room for only one ship and I'm booked to leave on the IMAGINATION which needs that pier tomorrow morning. I can't imagine them keeping the PANORAMA there overnight. Where are all the passengers going to stay if they can't board the PANORAMA ? Definitely a real cluster.

Do you have the hub?  Have you gotten any word?