March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

12 minutes ago, rudoja00 said:

What is the morale like?  Are they at least serving booze and keeping the party going?

Yes everything is open as usual. WiFi Internet is offline. Buffet and ice cream is being served by crew. No self serve. And it’s cold outside. After they opened the buffet for lunch, as you would expect, lines were very very long with waits of 1 hour or more. I am a worrier so it’s hard for me to relax without an actual timeline. Cruise director just now announced (540 pm)that there is still no news on test results or when we may get off.  Would they really put us off the ship at this hour to travel at night or be stuck at the airport?!?!

• Like 1

6pm Update

Carnival Panorama 03/07/2020: Hello again. Although we were expecting results at 6pm, as we had been informed, we are sorry to say we do not have any news. All of us apologize for this delay, especially to such a terrific group of guests who have been so understanding and cooperative. We will continue to keep you informed and share any information we know. Thank you for sticking with us. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal. We will be back in an hour.

8 minutes ago, lassenpark said:

Waiting to get on the ship.  It is now dinner time is Carnival going to give some dining credit like they did for lunch?

I am beginning to suspect that your cruise will become a six day cruise. If that happens you'll receive a refund of 1/7 of your cruise fare, Cheers if you bought it online, prepaid gratuities,  etc as refundable obc. Not what you wanted, but Carnival has no control of the situation. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

I am beginning to suspect that your cruise will become a six day cruise. If that happens you'll receive a refund of 1/7 of your cruise fare, Cheers if you bought it online, prepaid gratuities,  etc as refundable obc. Not what you wanted, but Carnival has no control of the situation. 

This is what people need to understand the most.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

If this happens... I wonder what will happen to the Imagination (Sunday embarkation).?

• Thanks 1

Royal Princess out of San Pedro just canceled their cruise that was supposed to leave today. Don't know why yet. I hope this doesn't happen to all of you too.

I’m sorry. Can you remind me what was going on with RP? Is this the ship that was sharing the crew? I honestly can’t keep up. I have a friend on board Panorama and I’ve been trying to keep up with mostly this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

15 minutes ago, oumagic said:

Latest update is that we get to wait another hour to get an update. The stringing along continues. Since 10:30am, it has been we will update you later.

What do you think is going to happen? I can’t comprehend the logistics of going through the whole process of debarking/embarking at this point in time.

2 minutes ago, cruisingadget said:

If this happens... I wonder what will happen to the Imagination (Sunday embarkation).?

Good question. Probably why  Carnival will do everything they can to board the next cruise tonight. 

3 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

I’m sorry. Can you remind me what was going on with RP? Is this the ship that was sharing the crew? I honestly can’t keep up. I have a friend on board Panorama and I’ve been trying to keep up with mostly this one.

I believe one of the crew members was on the Diamond Princess that had some people test positive for the virus. 19 were crew.

Apparently one of the crew members is now on the Royal, but showing no signs of illness. Don't know if that's why it was cancelled or if it's some kind of engine problems. Everything is hush hush and there were police brought down to the port.

Edited by Sillyjilly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Royal princess had the same itinerary as the panorama. I think they debarked late but no other issues. They were not at Long Beach port, but a different nearby port. We saw them every day even sea days

Edited by IloveCatsandCruises

1 minute ago, IloveCatsandCruises said:

Royal princess had the same itinerary as the panorama. I think they debarked late but no other issues

They are currently sending away the passengers waiting to embark. Cruise canceled. There were "rumors" of technical issues, but who really knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cruisingadget said:

Another possibility is San Pedro if there's an open berth. This whole situation could get even uglier. Try to hang in there whether you're waiting to get off or get on.😎

22 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

I believe one of the crew members was on the Diamond Princess that had some people test positive for the virus. 19 were crew.

Apparently one of the crew members is now on the Royal, but showing no signs of illness. Don't know if that's why it was cancelled or if it's some kind of engine problems. Everything is hush hush and there were police brought down to the port.

The 19 crew members that tested positive (out of 21) are from the Grand Princess, off the coast of San Francisco.

24 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Good question. Probably why  Carnival will do everything they can to board the next cruise tonight. 

As I remember (it was long ago) there is room for only one ship in Long Beach, is that true?