March 7th, 2020 Carnival Panorama Delayed Embarkation

Letter Carnival sent just now:

March 7, 2020 

Dear Carnival Panorama Guests,

Debarkation from the previous cruise is running later than planned. Since this will impact our boarding times, please delay your Arrival Appointment by one hour (e.g.,12:00 PM - 12:30 PMappointment will become 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM).  

All guests who arrive earlier than their new Arrival Appointment will be asked to return at their assigned time. This also applies to our Diamond, Platinum, Faster to the Fun and Suite guests.  

In preparation for final boarding and departure, all guests must be on board the ship 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time. 

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely, 

Colleen Oliverio Signature

We have friends on the current Panorama sailing and they just called us and said they are being held. They have no information as to why, but the ship hasn't even begun to be offloaded. Sounds like US customs and immigration hasn't cleared the ship. No idea what's going on.

• Like 1

We have friends on the current Panorama sailing and they just called us and said they are being held. They have no information as to why, but the ship hasn't even begun to be offloaded. Sounds like US customs and immigration hasn't cleared the ship. No idea what's going on.

I have a friend on here also. Last I heard from her it certainly sounded like *much* longer than an hour embarkation delay was going to be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven’t heard from my friend in over an hour so I hopped on Reddit for some info. Word there from someone supposedly aboard is there was a medical evacuation via helicopter but it’s unrelated to the current virus concern. Let’s hope the person evacuated is ok and that this is, indeed, unrelated to coronavirus. Sounds like embarkation is definitely gonna be awhile.

So it sounds like either a test was already done and it was negative but cdc wants to run it themselves, or there’s been no test and CDC will wait for one to be done. My friend has been MIA for over an hour — she’s probably eating lunch now since it sounds like this is gonna be awhile. Ugh.

Really appreciate the updates.  FYI HOLD on going to cruise terminal parking garage as there will be no spaces open due to people haven’t left yet.  Hubby and I are getting our $15 lunch waiting for the latest updates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lassenpark said:

Really appreciate the updates.  FYI HOLD on going to cruise terminal parking garage as there will be no spaces open due to people haven’t left yet.  Hubby and I are getting our $15 lunch waiting for the latest updates.

What have you been told?  Is it true that they are testing some for coronavirus?  If so that could take some time.

Check the thread Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

There is a video of the announcement from the  CD about the tests being conducted and time frame involved.

Edited by Sailin_Pirate

We are waiting. Inside the terminal to board her right now. They told us ppl are disembarking now. Can anyone on the ship confirm?

Per my friend on board, no one is disembarking that she’s aware of. She’s back in her room (they opened them all again) and last ship announcement I’m aware of said it could be up to 6 hours until test results are in. I just sent her another text to get an update but I haven’t heard back yet.

So, to summarize, do we have this ship sitting in port awaiting test results AND the grand princess floating off coast of SF (not that far away from Panorama) waiting for direction from Pence et al on what comes next? And *both* had a medical evacuation today (but GP was unrelated to the virus)?

Updates have been sparse and we are growing frustrated. This came about an hour ago. 

CARNIVAL PANORAMA

MARCH 7, 2020

March 7, 2020

Dear Carnival Panorama Guests,

We want to provide you with an update for our embarkation plans for today.

There is a medical matter involving a guest currently on board that has caused authorities to suspend the debarkation process. Although the guest in question does not meet CDC criteria for coronavirus risk, officials still require additional information. Our shore side medical team is in direct contact with authorities and debarkation will resume as soon as we have received clearance from local authorities. 

At this time, we do not have an estimate as to when embarkation for today's cruise will start. Since we have limited seating, please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have heard from us. 

A US$15, per person, lunch credit will be posted on your Sail & Sign account so you can enjoy lunch on us during this delay. 

We will keep you updated as we have more information. All future updates will be by text. If you haven't already done so, we kindly ask that you sign up by texting CCL3 to 278473 (CRUISE). 

We sincerely apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding. 

Sincerely, 

Colleen Oliverio Signature

Thanks for the updates. Also waiting to board and feeling a bit nervous. Keep the updates coming. More info coming from here than what Carnival is sharing with is.  Please thank your friend.

“We’ve advised our guests currently on Carnival Panorama that their debarkation will be delayed until at least 6 p.m. PST related to a medical situation with one of our debarking guests,” Carnival Cruise Line spokesperson Vance Gulliksen said in a statement.

• Thanks 1

There's a guy selling girl scout cookies for $5 a box at port yet Carnival says in the news they are giving us lunch. Bogus.

Sure they gave each person a $15 stateroom credit for lunch but that doesn't help us here stuck with no food for 5 hours unless we want to leave security. 

And they still have not officially announced the Coronavirus testing here at port. 

There's a guy selling girl scout cookies for $5 a box at port yet Carnival says in the news they are giving us lunch. Bogus.

Sure they gave each person a $15 stateroom credit for lunch but that doesn't help us here stuck with no food for 5 hours unless we want to leave security. 

And they still have not officially announced the Coronavirus testing here at port. 

Lol at the Girl Scout Cookies!

Here’s the latest FB post: fb2fe48f969637a7ca95f9eb4632f05c.jpg

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

So, to summarize, do we have this ship sitting in port awaiting test results AND the grand princess floating off coast of SF (not that far away from Panorama) waiting for direction from Pence et al on what comes next? And *both* had a medical evacuation today (but GP was unrelated to the virus)?

Also Royal Princess in Long Beach delayed embarkation currently 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

The Royal Princess has delayed boarding in San Pedro today very near to where the Panorama is in Long Beach 

• Like 1