Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?

eroller

2 hours ago, FireFighter115 said:

This post a little irresponsible.  It has not been cancelled as of yet.  I am scheduled for this cruise and my impression is that my inbox on my email would be an early indication if it has been cancelled.

I wonder if this poster is on the cruise also, or has some other inside information.  If not, irresponsible to post untruths.  Take everything with a grain of salt that you read is good advise for sure....

FF115

Why is it irresponsible to make a statement.  No I am not on this cruise. I did not post any untruths just a statement. No where did I say it was a fact.

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Potstech

This is post #7 on https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2740916-did-anybody-hear-about-the-caribbean-princess-311-being-cancelled/ 

From azbirdmom:

From a post on another forum - have seen nothing official from Princess but it's good advice for those on the next Regal cruise to check email for changes:

*** PASSENGERS ON THE MARCH 15, 2020 SAILING OF THE REGAL PRINCESS ***
IMPORTANT & EFFECTIVE 11:30PM MARCH 10, 2020
I just got off the phone with Jonas at Princess. He mentioned to me that first and foremost, the situation at Port Everglades is very fluid right now and things could change at any moment.
He received information from his supervisor, Inna, that the executives are in the process of trying to re-route the Regal to another port as it looks as though they will have a hard time cleaning up the terminal, calling in the CDC officials, having the inspections, and preparing the terminal for our cruise this Sunday.
He told me that they will do everything they can do to let us know by Friday if there is a change of port location. Make sure to keep checking your email and checking in with your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.
Most likely, the information will come by Friday, but it could come even as late as Saturday. As with all the other cancellations, we could receive the same refunds, FCC and the likewise.
I am NOT here to answer questions other than that because I am not a rep of Princess not am I a TA. I called in at 10:50pm ET and got RIGHT THROUGH. If you have individual questions, Jonas said it's easiest to call first thing in the morning and later in the evening.
Edited by capriccio

On 3/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, jtjosh02 said:

I agree with you 100%. I will share my displeasure with their corporate since I do use this brand often for work, but I understand their personal choice. My main reason for sharing is I want other cruisers to be prepared if they get into this situation over the next few weeks. Would be terrible to get there expecting a room and they see a tag on a suitcase and not let you check in. Could put someone in a bad situation if other hotels are booked or you have little ones that are already exhausted and cranky. 

We had a great cruise and made it back home to Ohio this afternoon.

Just to wrap this up, the corporate office did contact me today to clear this up. They did admit fault of the local employee and ensured me future cruisers will not need to  fear of their reservations being cancelled during these difficult times. I hope this gives those comfort for upcoming travel through Port Everglades if you run into any situations. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:

Just to wrap this up, the corporate office did contact me today to clear this up. They did admit fault of the local employee and ensured me future cruisers will not need to  fear of their reservations being cancelled during these difficult times. I hope this gives those comfort for upcoming travel through Port Everglades if you run into any situations. 

Thank you for letting them know about this. 

1 hour ago, jtjosh02 said:

I'm glad you posted this, but Hyatt's words ring hollow at this point.  Obviously, their location is geared to serving cruise ship clientele.  One only needs to welsh once to ruin a reputation and it takes a long time to establish a good reputation.  I certainly won't be using them anytime in the foreseeable future.  I wonder how they plan to make sure their commitments to guests are honored.  Again, I am pleased to see that they did take the time to reach out to you, but their words are one thing but their actions were inhospitable in a hospitality industry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justalone said:

How was the Sail Away party?

Passenger count?

Must be nice no waiting in lines.  No chair hogs.   😁

Hope you all are enjoying the cruise. 👍

Which sailing are you speaking of here? A recent/current one??