Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?

eroller

53 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I noticed on the port everglades harbormaster website...

Regal Princess alongside in Ft. Lauderdale.

That the regal is schedule to leave at 19:00 today, with next port 'Princess Cay'

Returning 15-March.

I hadn't heard anything about that.

I wonder if they are going to dock at Princess Cay for the week to make room for all of the other ships coming in and/or going out at Port Everglades then come back on the 15th for next weeks cruise??  

12 minutes ago, RNCindy said:

I wonder if they are going to dock at Princess Cay for the week to make room for all of the other ships coming in and/or going out at Port Everglades then come back on the 15th for next weeks cruise??  

Makes good sense......just as long as it comes back for our trip on 3-15😉🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

I noticed on the port everglades harbormaster website...

Regal Princess alongside in Ft. Lauderdale.

That the regal is schedule to leave at 19:00 today, with next port 'Princess Cay'

Returning 15-March.

I hadn't heard anything about that.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

crew only, correct ?

It makes sense.  I think Princess would need to pay Port Everglades fees for each day docked in PE.  Princess may need terminal 2 to be available for other Princess ships and it may not cost Princess anything to be anchored off Princess Cay since they own/lease it.  I'd imagine no port fees for being anchored off shore there.  Plus they can use the crew to deep clean the Regal and Princess Cay facilities.

• Like 3

just looked at this thread. a bit frustrated with princess and answers I received on the phone yesterday . We have an up coming cruise planned and i specifically asked if crew members move from ship to ship and was told "NO they sign a contract for one ship and are assigned to that ship " . Now I read the beginning of this tread and find out that what i was told is likely not correct. 

Just now, SOUNDSGOOD! said:

Crew moves around on all cruise lines, especially the entertainment.

I'll bet they'll be a lot more movement but they'll be checking them more closely after the Grand/Regal incident. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

just looked at this thread. a bit frustrated with princess and answers I received on the phone yesterday . We have an up coming cruise planned and i specifically asked if crew members move from ship to ship and was told "NO they sign a contract for one ship and are assigned to that ship " . Now I read the beginning of this tread and find out that what i was told is likely not correct. 

I'd be very surprised if Princess pays to move waiters, bartenders galley workers etc. from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale so they could go from Grand to Regal.  I can see them moving higher level personnel or entertainers cross country as a normal course of business.  I think those types of 'crew' would have significantly less direct contact with PAX.

18 minutes ago, SOUNDSGOOD! said:

Crew moves around on all cruise lines, especially the entertainment.

entertainment like the princess dancers, or entertainment like the comedians , Crooners, Piazza entertainers ?

We were on Regal that disembarked yesterday 3-9. Indeed, they do move staff around. We were told, by the captain, that this is very common practice. They often do that to fill in for contracts that have ended and before another starts. Surely, this was a really bad decision to transfer crew from a ship with so many sick people on board. The captain said that the crew joined our ship without symptoms and were beyond the standard incubation time. The CDC thought otherwise.  So so much of this chaos would have been avoided if they had used common sense. We, as passengers would not have been allowed to board under the same circumstances in which these crew boarded. 

The problem with moving any crew members around now is that they have to fly them to the port they need them. Even if they are fine from leaving the ship there is no way to know if they get the virus in the airports or the flights.

16 minutes ago, capriccio said:

As of 5 pm this afternoon the Regal Princess is still docked at terminal 2, Port Everglades.

Saw on the Port Everglades site it wasnt going to leave until 7pm eastern time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Potstech said:

Though he Mar 15 cruise was cancelled.

This post a little irresponsible.  It has not been cancelled as of yet.  I am scheduled for this cruise and my impression is that my inbox on my email would be an early indication if it has been cancelled.

I wonder if this poster is on the cruise also, or has some other inside information.  If not, irresponsible to post untruths.  Take everything with a grain of salt that you read is good advise for sure....

FF115

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FireFighter115 said:

This post a little irresponsible.  It has not been cancelled as of yet.  I am scheduled for this cruise and my impression is that my inbox on my email would be an early indication if it has been cancelled.

I wonder if this poster is on the cruise also, or has some other inside information.  If not, irresponsible to post untruths.  Take everything with a grain of salt that you read is good advise for sure....

FF115

We are also on this cruise....(I hope).  The Princess website is kind of the bible right now and they have not cancelled it. Just dont see how they will when it was cleared to come in with mo issues and no one is on it now other than staff bringing anything (virus) onboard. They have most likely been cleaning over clean and address things to enhance safety over the past 2 and next 5 days.......but that's just an assumption. We arrive on Saturday so let's keep fingers crossed for all passengers going.

• Like 2

Don’t lose hope, everyone. Maybe this week is what they need to reset and get clean and back on the sea! As far as I know (probably useless) there was no sick crew on our 3-1 sailing, so maybe you’ll be good to go. 😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, obnurse said:

Don’t lose hope, everyone. Maybe this week is what they need to reset and get clean and back on the sea! As far as I know (probably useless) there was no sick crew on our 3-1 sailing, so maybe you’ll be good to go. 😎

I'm not really worried at this point. I am leaving this whole thing to fate. What will be will be 👍🏻

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

It makes sense.  I think Princess would need to pay Port Everglades fees for each day docked in PE.  Princess may need terminal 2 to be available for other Princess ships and it may not cost Princess anything to be anchored off Princess Cay since they own/lease it.  I'd imagine no port fees for being anchored off shore there.  Plus they can use the crew to deep clean the Regal and Princess Cay facilities.

I also noticed that not many ships are stopping at Princess Cay because of rough seas and tender boats.  Another reason to "park" there for the week.  The crew can also utilize the island, if needed.  😉

10 minutes ago, RNCindy said:

I also noticed that not many ships are stopping at Princess Cay because of rough seas and tender boats.  Another reason to "park" there for the week.  The crew can also utilize the island, if needed.  😉

I'm hoping they get a little break to enjoy some down time. 

• Like 2