Cruise with confidence FAQ

cruisestitch

Cruise With Confidence FAQs

Q. What sailings qualify for Cruise with Confidence?

A. Cruises through 7/31/2020 are automatically included
in the program.

Q. Do the Future Cruise Credits expire?

A. Yes. All Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021. 

Q. How can guests cancel using Cruise with Confidence?

A: Guests with qualifying sailings need to call us no later than 48 hours to sailing and their Future Cruise Credit will be issued in 1 weeks’ time.

Q. What if I want to use my Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s not the same price as the original booking?

A. Just like any Future Cruise Credit, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the new cruise fare and the amount of the Future Cruise Credit (if any). 

If you apply the Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s less expensive, the cruise fare will be covered in full.  Any leftover amount will be issued as a remaining balance Future Cruise Credit 30 days after the sailing and must be used within 6 months.

Q. Are Future Cruise Credits interchangeable between brands?

A. Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit can only be applied on the brand by which they were originally issued. That means a guest would not be able to apply a Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit from a Celebrity Cruises sailing on a new Royal Caribbean sailing.

Q. Do Groups reservations qualify for Cruise with Confidence?

A. Yes.  Cruise with Confidence works with both individual and group bookings. However, it does not apply to chartered sailings.

Q. Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

A. Yes, if you booked air through our Flights by Celebrity program and now wish to alter your plans, you can do so with confidence. Celebrity Cruises will handle all re-accommodations and we’ll cover any change fees; you will be responsible for any additional charges. 

If you booked your air independently, or purchased a non-refundable option through Flights by Celebrity, please reach out to your air carrier for assistance with cancelling or changing your flight accommodations. We will not be covering any change fees for air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date

Q. Do standard Final Payment timelines still apply? 

A: Yes, full payment is still required at 75 days-to-sailing for departures 1-4 nights in length and 90 days-to-sailing for 5+ nights.

Q: Does Cruise with Confidence work with Non-Refundable Deposits?

A: Yes. There are no restrictions with regard to Refundable/Non-Refundable fares.

Q: What if I already purchased beverage packages and shore excursions and choose to cancel using Cruise with Confidence?

A: As always, all pre-cruise purchases will be refunded to the original form of payment.

Q: If I use Cruise with Confidence to cancel and then rebook using my Future Cruise Credit, will the promotional OBC and discounts I had on the original booking carry over?

A: No.  When you rebook using your Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of any current promotions and prevailing fares currently available when you make the new booking.

As always, Future Cruise OBC will be reapplied.

Q. What happens if I booked a pre and post hotel through your Hotel Program?

A. You will be fully refunded for the amount paid.

Q. Are cruise transfers refundable?

A. Yes, cruise only transfers will be fully refundable.

Q: What steps are we taking to prevent the spread of Coronavirus onboard?

A: All terminal and ship access points are being thoroughly sanitized before and after all sailings.  In addition, high traffic areas onboard, including restrooms and public areas, are undergoing extensive cleaning each evening, over and above the normal procedures.  Daily announcements are being made to remind guests to wash their hands often, use recommended coughing etiquette, and report any illness symptoms immediately. 

Likewise, additional medical staff has been added and are providing
complimentary medical consultations during each sailing.  More recently, a temperature check will be administered to all guests prior to boarding. You can check our Travel Alert page for the most up to date protocols and travel restrictions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

1) Typical, we won’t be covered because we sail 1st August 2020.

2) Are the T&C the same for the UK?

I have read  that Celebrity UK have not yet posted updates.

This has been on the Celebrity's websites for the past couple of days, including the UK website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/cruise-with-confidence

21 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

1) Typical, we won’t be covered because we sail 1st August 2020.

2) Are the T&C the same for the UK?

I have read  that Celebrity UK have not yet posted updates.

The Cruise with Confidence applies to all bookings. 

Understand different terms for cancelling. If you are cancelling you have a fee of about 125£ or so. I lost more than that when Flybe went down.

Am pretty sure if you rebooked they would be flexible. Thus for a small fee you have until June 1st to cancel. By then either the situation will be better and you can choose to cruise or worse and either Celebrity cancels or you do.

Again have no idea of where. That would make a difference.

32 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

The Cruise with Confidence applies to all bookings. 

According to the FAQs above as well as the press release the policy applies to all cruises with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020.

Edited by Fouremco

3 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Anyone know who gets assigned the FCC?  Is it by person?  I have a booking that includes my two kids would they be the ones that have to use their portion?  I don’t want to call to ask because I’m just curious not at a decision making point yet.

Yes, FCC are always in the traveler's name. It's not about who paid.