Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

For those who are impacted by this business decision, Princess is offering guests the opportunity to transfer 100% of the money paid for their cancelled cruise to a future cruise of their choice. To add a bonus incentive for guests to accept this offer, the company will add an additional generous future cruise credit benefit which can be applied to the cruise fare or onboard expenses.  In addition, Princess will honor this offer for those guests who had made final payment and cancelled their booking on or after February 4, 2020. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyage departing through May 1, 2022.

Will they refund $$$?

34 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

I wonder what will happen to people who Already cancelled but could not get 100 percent back and had to accept future cruise credits

Nothing.  That was the terms of the deal they took.  Same as those that cancelled before it was offered and got the terms in place then. 

• Like 1

Just called my T/A and spoke to a co-worker.  She confirmed this.  Interesting thing I was told that it is 60 days from today.  Our cruise is a scant four days outside this 60 day window but I'm not holding out much hope.....

Bob

This begs the question if they will reschedule the TA sailings to a later date to salvage some of the European season.

No mention on compensation for cancelled flights or changes to flights..how about prepaid tours,hotels etc..

I realize the situation is fluid and changes hourly but surely if they shut down for 60 days there has to be a apart they aren't telling us like "then what".

We have a British Isles cruise scheduled Sept 1..

47 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Why are they not offering the exact same compensation for all cruises during the 60 day window? 

I believe they are using the refund % scale based on the day of cancellation  and the date of sailing.  So if your cruise is at the end of the 60 day suspension you would have been refunded a larger percent then the person who is sailing this weekend had it been a regular cancellation circumstance.

25 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Darn it!  Cruise in May was to get us up to Platinum for our Alaskan cruise!

C’est la vie.  Definitely will be cruising with Princess.  Still have 4 cruises booked!

Platinum is no big deal. Free internet is the big perk and since you are going to Alaska you will be able to use your wireless carrier service in port. Also the price of an internet package is so cheap now that the perk is no longer a perk.

The writing of this has been on the wall for days. I knew that Princess, in offering extra OBC to people who would cruise, was doing precisely the wrong thing. Finally they are doing the right thing. As someone above said, Princess needed to save us from ourselves because of the “I’m going to cruise no matter what” mentality. 

Kudos to Princess, and also really wonderful and re-assuring to see Jan Swartz acting like a true CEO instead of making hearts with her arms. JMO

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Received the email from Princess this morning regarding our upcoming May 9th cruise. Disappointed but not at all surprised. At least we know now.

They are being very generous with their compensation, in my opinion, and we will continue to book with Princess. However, with ongoing uncertainty we will take the 100% cash back option with additional future cruise credit.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Why are they not offering the exact same compensation for all cruises during the 60 day window? 

They are offering more to people whose cruises are closer to today's announcement as they are not given as much time to react as to people with cruises the end of April, beginning of May.

Pooh

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Supposed to cruise March 14. Cancelled on Friday to take fcc. Now that cruise is cancelled do we get refund and fcc??? Can’t seem to figure out from that chart. My travel agent thinks we will not get refund

I also cancelled last Friday.  Got refund and FCC.  I went ahead and filled out the form for a refund and submitted it anyway.  Have already had verification they have my request.  I am just going to wait and see and see what I can get.  I was ok with what I got on Friday, but if can get the new deal, I will like that too.

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I hate to see it, but it’s probably for the best when you look at the big picture. Every day that passes brings more restriction and more uncertainty. Ships are being turned away from ports. As someone who has a very expensive cruise coming up (on another line) I’m on pins and needles waiting, watching, and wondering what’s going to happen.

It is for the best. After reading numerous threads across the CC boards about what happens in the Buffet and the restrooms I have little faith in my fellow cruisers to do the right thing and report to the infirmary if they show flu like symptoms. I can deal with Noro or the Flu but this is a new animal that doesn't have proper testing or proper treatment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kathy49 said:

maybe I am naive but that sounds like it costs lots of money...doubt they have ready cash available.

Its usually 2 things.  Money and time.  Time is one thing they have a lot of now.  Money a loan can take care of that. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

This would be an awesome time for them to refurb all their ships.  I can't think of a better time to refurb so the ships look like new.  After this is over they will basically have everything new and clean.  Huge plus, and frankly would give the impression that there is nothing to worry about everything is new. 

Clean yes, but where are they getting the money to refurbish the ships that aren't scheduled to be refurbished?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cru1 said:

I am confused with the 175% future cruise credit.  Can someone please explain/give me an example.

Thanks

If your cruise fare(and only your cruise fare) was $2000 per person, then you would get $3500pp in FCC which is 175% of your original cruise fare.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I also cancelled last Friday.  Got refund and FCC.  I went ahead and filled out the form for a refund and submitted it anyway.  Have already had verification they have my request.  I am just going to wait and see and see what I can get.  I was ok with what I got on Friday, but if can get they new deal, I will like that too.

Pooh

Pooh, Have you received your credit card refund yet. I cancelled a cruise on Sunday and haven't seen anything yet.

Roger

• Like 1