Princess suspends all cruises for 60 days

cruisingrandy

1 minute ago, brisalta said:

Princess said they are keeping crew so I suspect they will be trained to clean and used to clean the ships thoroughly.

There is a lot of work that can be done at wet dock. I suspect there are a lot of small deferred maintenance jobs that can be done on board during this period. They will bring contractors on board to help with maintenance that does not need dry dock.  For example completing the revamp of the passenger facing network systems, painting, preventive maintenance of HVAC and improving filtration systems and so on.

60 days is a long time.  They could do a lot.

4 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

If your cruise fare(and only your cruise fare) was $2000 per person, then you would get $3500pp in FCC which is 175% of your original cruise fare.

Does anyone know*

I paid in full for our April 5th cruise. Our (fare only) is for myself $1390 my daughter $1390 and my 8yro Grandson $480. I'm going to take option 1, 100% with 175% FCC, so does that all go to the one who paid(Me) or does Princess split it? 

I don't know if my daughter can take off work, for another future cruise. 

Today we received email notification for the 2 mini-suites we had booked for 4/12/20 on Regal Princess. We'd been leaning toward cancelling anyway. We don't normally use Princess but it fit our daughters and granddaughters schedule. So the email offered us 2 options. Take a future cruise credit at 150% of the cancelled cruise value or 100% plus a 25% future cruise credit.  So we filled out the online forms and an email confirmation. Fine. Now what? Not even a "We will be in touch". Emails to support are rejected. Calls to the 800 number say to check the website and leave no useable option to get a human being. Nothing on the website - our bookings look like they are still on. Understandable given that thousands of folks overloading their systems.

I've been in IT since 1979 so I know this is not a "snap your fingers" kind of thing.  We'll see what happens by the weekend.

• Like 1

Kudos to Princess. I had the sense from Day 1 that this was the direction we would be heading in. This is a very serious situation that will not simply disappear.

Major cultural institutions in NYC have all announced closures for the rest of the month - NY Phil, Met Opera, Carnegie Hall, Met Museum will close for several days for deep sanitizing and will announce plans further. Other smaller museums such as The Jewish Museum have followed suit.

My own office just announced that effective tomorrow everyone should work remotely for the indefinite future although the office itself will remain open for those who prefer to work in the office.  I myself am in quarantine right now having been in contact with a relative who is now hospitalized in Israel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseBabys said:

Does anyone know*

I paid in full for our April 5th cruise. Our (fare only) is for myself $1390 my daughter $1390 and my 8yro Grandson $480. I'm going to take option 1, 100% with 175% FCC, so does that all go to the one who paid(Me) or does Princess split it? 

It's split per person regardless of who paid. I had the same issue as we were were taking a friend's child.....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseBabys said:

Does anyone know*

Not sure you have that right.  Option 1foryour date is 175% future cruise credit .  Option 2 is 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit.

8 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Not sure you have that right.  Option 1foryour date is 175% future cruise credit .  Option 2 is 100% refund + 50% future cruise credit.

Edited by ceilidh1
I mis-spoke! SORRY

5 hours ago, beachbum6264 said:

I guess we'll be driving to Oregon.  I don't fly (bad experience lead to sever anxiety), since we need to be there to take care of grandkids 1 & 2 when #3 arrives. It's only about 3200 miles, and we love road trips. Gotta change my packing plans though, no need for sundresses and shorts.

We have lived in the Northwest for over 40 years! YES- bring your shorts and sundresses  😁

Believe me, you never know... And have a safe trip! You will see gorgeous scenery.

I used the online form to cancel a cruise this morning - now when I try to go back to do another one (which we actually cancelled the day before yesterday but I think we can get the 25% FCC and our money back under the newest policy) I get the following message.  Maybe they are just overwhelmed???

Thank you for reaching out regarding your upcoming impacted sailing. We are in the midst of setting up a system to process your cruise postponement and issue your future cruise credit and/or refund. Please check back soon to begin this process. We thank you for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I used the online form to cancel a cruise this morning - now when I try to go back to do another one (which we actually cancelled the day before yesterday but I think we can get the 25% FCC and our money back under the newest policy) I get the following message.  Maybe they are just overwhelmed???

Thank you for reaching out regarding your upcoming impacted sailing. We are in the midst of setting up a system to process your cruise postponement and issue your future cruise credit and/or refund. Please check back soon to begin this process. We thank you for your patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances. 

I did the form this morning and didn't even get a "We'll be in touch".  It would be nice to have some idea what happens next.

3 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I did several this morning before running into this message. Overwhelmed is probably an understatement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I got the same message.

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I did the form this morning and didn't even get a "We'll be in touch".  It would be nice to have some idea what happens next.

Check your spam folder. That's were I found ours and some others here also said the same thing.

1 minute ago, Eagle_and_hawk said:

Check your spam folder. That's were I found ours and some others here also said the same thing.

I should have been clearer.  I did get confirmation emails for what I submitted but that was all.  I check spam on a regular basis.