Regent Reassurance

eliana

Many of us probably have Future Cruise Credits under the above plan. I have two questions.

(a) What happens if we do not survive the pandemic?

(b) What happens if Regent do not survive?

Edited by eliana
wrong word

I can't answer your questions but there will probably be some companies that don't survive the impact of this virus including some in the tourist business. I for one opted for the cash back. I can rebook a cruise with those returned dollars whenever and with whoever I choose. 

If the parent company of Regent should file for bankruptcy protection, anyone holding FCC would become a creditor just like any other entity who Regent has a debt.

There are different chapters of bankruptcy filings but I suspect that the creditors with the best lawyers would get paid out first

2 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Maybe you can, you can leave a surviver miles from an airline account.

Actually, official policy of most airlines is that the account is terminated upon death and the miles are forfeited, however, depending on the airline, they may make exceptions and may charge for the transfer.

If you have a large number of miles in your account, you may want a codicil to your will stating your intentions, airlines are more likely to work with you if there is a "legal document", but are not required to do so

5 hours ago, eliana said:

Many of us probably have Future Cruise Credits under the above plan. I have two questions.

(a) What happens if we do not survive the pandemic?

(b) What happens if Regent do not survive?

a) If you don't survive you won't care (kidding). 😜

I don't know Regent's policy on changing passengers, but on other cruise lines if one person on the reservation is the same, you can change the passenger.  Additionally, if you have cruise insurance and die, your heirs can file the claim.  This only affects people who are currently past final payment and are taking advantage to the Future Cruise Credit option.  

b) If Regent doesn't survive, if you have Travel Insurance that covers cessation of operations, then you may get the money back.  But most plans don't cover pandemics so hard to say.  Otherwise, there goes the money. But if that happens, I suspect we'll be worried about a whole lot more than losing our cruise fare.  

Edited by papaflamingo