Email from LLP

lizinindy

The letter I received is below:

Dear <ME!>,

The last few weeks have been trying times, to say the least, and we now find ourselves in undeniably rough seas. But, as our wonderful Celebrity Captains will tell you, sooner or later everyone sails into bad weather—what makes a great mariner is how they’re able to sail out of them.

It can be hard to envision calmer seas ahead when you’re in the middle of the storm. But we’ll get there. And we’ll get there together. As our most loyal guests you have always been there for Celebrity Cruises and we will always be here for you.

We are assessing new developments constantly to comply with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organizations. Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and crew. That is why we have enhanced our global boarding and health screening measures; implemented temperature screenings using digital, non-touch scanners for guests, crew and visitors; reduced travel to impacted countries; increased sanitation safeguards at cruise terminals and onboard our ships; and implemented rigorous medical protocols.

We know that many of you are nervous about traveling for health reasons—or are anxious about unexpected itinerary changes. That is why we have launched our Cruise with Confidence cancellation program to enable you to cancel up to 48 hours before your sailing and receive a full Future Cruise Credit.

First and always, you must take care of yourself and your family. If you are not feeling well, have an underlying condition, or are high risk for complications from illness, re-book your cruise for a later date when all of this is behind us and you can enjoy a relaxing get-away.

Things are changing everyday so for the latest on travel alerts, our safety protocol and our Cruise with Confidence program, visit www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert.

I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

<A PR image of LLP with her signature and title>

• Thanks 1

Just now, lizinindy said:

Nope.....you’ll get one if you receive Celebrity promotional emails.

Thanks. It seems it is  always rather hit and miss if we get the promotional  emails, so it's good to hear we aren't missing anything!

I think it was sent out to Captain’s Club members - at least mine was.  And you’re right, it doesn’t tell us anything different.  And then again maybe just to Captain's Club members who are due to travel in the next little while.

I just noticed - it was addressed to me “personally” by my first name from my good friend LLP!!

Edited by thon
Add a sentence.

I think it's premature to judge Celebrity's response, although I agree they could have been more proactive.  They've added this statement on their website, suggesting they'll make another announcement soon (guessing they'll push back all the TA's??):

Response to US Administration Newly Announced Europe Travel Restriction

We are reviewing the administration’s directive on European travel restrictions to understand how we will adjust operations to comply with the new requirements.  Our primary concern is the safety and welfare of our guests, and are working to minimize the impact to our guests to the greatest extent possible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

What a failure for Celebrity management, glad I stopped sailing on RCL and her parent companies! 

Why is it a failure to reach out to customers?  Even if it's only to say what we already know?  I appreciated an e-mail actually.  

And respectfully, if you are no longer a patron of Celebrity et al, why troll one of their boards?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

What a failure for Celebrity management, glad I stopped sailing on RCL and her parent companies! 

Why, nice to give an opinion with no reasoning.  Only a few cruise lines currently have suspended operations.  Princess had no choice with the bad news mainly coming from them on there ships.  Viking is mostly European ports, or a good portion so makes sense.  Celebrity is being more proactive than other lines I feel with information.  This situation is very fluid.  Changes daily, hourly.  Do you expect everyone to be locked in there house and self quarantined?  Life goes on, glad some places are trying to reassure people on what is happening and keeping us informed   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity has been very good responding to this very bad situation.  They are most likely overloaded!  We're not giving up with Celebrity and look forward to sailing again in 2021!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, killsport said:

The letter I received is below:

Dear <ME!>,

The last few weeks have been trying times, to say the least, and we now find ourselves in undeniably rough seas. But, as our wonderful Celebrity Captains will tell you, sooner or later everyone sails into bad weather—what makes a great mariner is how they’re able to sail out of them.

It can be hard to envision calmer seas ahead when you’re in the middle of the storm. But we’ll get there. And we’ll get there together. As our most loyal guests you have always been there for Celebrity Cruises and we will always be here for you.

We are assessing new developments constantly to comply with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organizations. Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and crew. That is why we have enhanced our global boarding and health screening measures; implemented temperature screenings using digital, non-touch scanners for guests, crew and visitors; reduced travel to impacted countries; increased sanitation safeguards at cruise terminals and onboard our ships; and implemented rigorous medical protocols.

We know that many of you are nervous about traveling for health reasons—or are anxious about unexpected itinerary changes. That is why we have launched our Cruise with Confidence cancellation program to enable you to cancel up to 48 hours before your sailing and receive a full Future Cruise Credit.

First and always, you must take care of yourself and your family. If you are not feeling well, have an underlying condition, or are high risk for complications from illness, re-book your cruise for a later date when all of this is behind us and you can enjoy a relaxing get-away.

Things are changing everyday so for the latest on travel alerts, our safety protocol and our Cruise with Confidence program, visit www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert.

I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

<A PR image of LLP with her signature and title>

hi...got one also...but didn't get the 'other' one with an age requirement to sail!

2 hours ago, thon said:

I think it was sent out to Captain’s Club members - at least mine was.  And you’re right, it doesn’t tell us anything different.  And then again maybe just to Captain's Club members who are due to travel in the next little while.

I just noticed - it was addressed to me “personally” by my first name from my good friend LLP!!

Rec'd the same note addressed to my first name...very personal (via distribution list coded to remove last name)...Captains Club header...but not travelling until Nov.  I agree...communication is key and they are trying daily to keep us informed.