Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

9 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

My TA said when she called for me today, that it could take up to another 180 days for them to credit our credit card.  We chose option 2. Our sailing was March 13th.They have kept our 9 thousand long enough.

This is incredibly frustrating. We were to sail March 23, April 6 and April 8. They have over $12,000 of our money.  Submitted our forms 3/12. 

1 minute ago, lhsail said:

This is incredibly frustrating. We were to sail March 23, April 6 and April 8. They have over $12,000 of our money.  Submitted our forms 3/12. 

If they would just TELL the TA's and us what the REAL story is...conflicting answers do not inspire confidence.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, Bdnclc said:

Anyone have luck with cancelled excursions?   I have cancelled back in March but didn't cancel cruise till April that had final payment due in June.   

Anything cancelled on or after March 11 or 12 that is due a refund is being handled by Princess in mythological sailing date order.  We are just now seeing a very few refunds being processed for a few March 14 and 16 cruises.  Not all, and that has only been in the last week or so.  If your final was due in June, the cruise was probably in September, so you are pretty far back in that line.

and now...back to the topic of credit card bank disputes....if you wish to dispute just the excursion with your bank, you should prevail.

Edited by cherylandtk

...FWIW, your dispute provisional credit may post but not be visible to you, depending on how your bank handles these things.  

We filed with our credit card bank on May 4 online and received an acknowledgement within two days. Bank website had informed us it would take longer than normal to respond due to COVID work from home rules; I thought two days was fine.

We kept looking for a provisional credit, never saw one post, BUT got a letter a couple days ago notifying us our new payment due amount for this months bill was now $0.00; so somewhere in their books the credit posted provisionally.  Cannot see it myself, but it will become permanent in 45 days unless Princess disputes (which will be awkward since I sent the Princess cancellation notice  showing the amount they owe me as my supporting document).

• Like 1

First a question

What is Pause 1 and Pause 2?

Then my venting

Our cruise was supposed to be on Royal Princess May 2nd. Our TA submitted the Princess Booking Compensation request receipt requesting option 2 on March 16th. 

May 5 we received an email from Princess once again requesting that we reconfirm our choice (trying to talk us into the FCC) and told us if they do not hear from us by May 31 they will assume our choice has not change. Thus resetting the clock to two and a half months after our initial request for a refund.

Very disingenuous.

That last email from Princess makes it obvious they are just stalling until they file for bankruptcy. And the lack of anyone confirming here on CC receiving a monetary refund just confirms that. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:16 AM, Coral said:

I think most lines have money to last a  year. Now if this lasts until next year, I can see lines declaring bankruptcy but still operating. Think of how many times many airlines have declared bankruptcy and still operate. It is the shareholders who would hurt then.

Unfortunately we would be considered unsecured creditors and would not receive any $. Common share holders would also lose their investment and any other supplier, etc.

Interesting to note recent financing to secure additional operating capital is being secured using their ships, so if they declare bankruptcy they can negotiate with their secured creditors and resume operations. A common practice.

Edited by Triger

3 hours ago, Coral said:

In the US - it is kept in a holding account for future cruises (for example, FCC can't go towards future taxes).. You can contact your TA to have it refunded.

Still haven’t gotten ours...63 days from the Princess confirmation email.

Further to my posting Page 77 #1918 regarding staff layoffs.  More details being made available.  Specifically relating to Princess from LA News outlets, where their corporate office is located. We are in for a long wait and we may need to consider that we may never see refunds.  Cutting back staff will only extend the delays. 

Additionally from Seattle News outlets Seattle-based Holland America Line to furlough, lay off nearly 2,000 employees. If they are laying off 2,000 at HAL how many will be laid off at Princess? Will anyone be left to deal with refunds .........

Carnival to lay off hundreds in California, other states amid pandemic

Carnival Cruise Line - which has a major subsidiary, Princess Cruises, headquartered in SoCal - is announcing hundreds of layoffs.

MIAMI (KABC) -- Carnival Corp., the world's largest cruise company, announced on Thursday it will lay off hundreds of employees in California and other states due to the coronavirus pandemic. The company has a major subsidiary, Princess Cruises, that is headquartered in Santa Clarita.

The majority of affected employees in the U.S. will be in Florida, California and Washington state, Carnival Corp. said in an email. The company is eliminating 820 positions and furloughing 537 employees for up to six months in Florida out of a workforce of about 3,000 employees. Carnival did not disclose how many of those layoffs would be in California or how its corporate subsidiaries would be affected.

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Isn't Carnival located in Miami Florida ?

bobgep said:

a little note to remember, all these cruise lines are foreign corporations, bankruptcy or insolvency will be filed in a distant land, not the US

Regardless Bankruptcy laws are mostly similar around the world. If you are an unsecured creditor you lose!

Edited by Triger

this just posted on the Princess Elite FB forum

‘I have just got all my cruise credit from the transatlantic on Regal due to leave 19th April 🍾😁

I have no other details ie option 1 or 2 but I was to be on this cruise Too so it caught my eye. I chose option 2 on mar 12 and have zero.

Edited by remydiva

Everyone owed any cash should file a dispute with their credit card company.  I chose option 2 on March 12.  Nothing outside of the message to all on May 1 asking for patience.  I got fed up on March 13 and received a provisional credit for all my payments to Princess two days later, today March15th. 

As far as I am concerned Princess can stuff it.  Don't care if I never receive the 25% FCC.  I am curious to see whether princess will dispute my claim.  If they go bankrupt, the trust could claw back my refund, but Princess' records are so bad I doubt this will happen.

Do yourselves a favor.  File a dispute so you can get this behind you!

Edited by dag144
My mistake. I meant May but I put March.
  • Like 3

I filed a dispute with Citibank on May13th and got a provisional credit for all my expenses today.  I am done fooling around with Princess.  If they go bankrupt, the trust may try for a claw-back, but Princess' records seem to be so bad that this probably is a remote possibility.

I am curious to see if Princess will dispute my claim.  In the meantime I have use of $7,200+.  I could care less about the 25% FCC I was promised.  EVERYBODY SHOULD FILE A DISPUTE!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dag144 said:

Everyone owed any cash should file a dispute with their credit card company.  I chose option 2 on March 12.  Nothing outside of the message to all on May 1 asking for patience.  I got fed up on March 13 and received a provisional credit for all my payments to Princess two days later, today March15th. 

As far as I am concerned Princess can stuff it.  Don't care if I never receive the 25% FCC.  I am curious to see whether princess will dispute my claim.  If they go bankrupt, the trust could claw back my refund, but Princess' records are so bad I doubt this will happen.

Do yourselves a favor.  File a dispute so you can get this behind you!

Okay, I'm confused. You filed a dispute on March 13 and received a provisional credit on March 15 and you are still waiting for the credit to be finalized?  It has been two months since you received a provisional credit.  Please explain

49 minutes ago, bobgep said:

a little note to remember, all these cruise lines are foreign corporations, bankruptcy or insolvency will be filed in a distant land, not the US

43 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Isn't Carnival located in Miami Florida ?

You may be correct, when I typed in Carnival it took me to the London site

Edited by bobgep
spelling fingers don't work good anymore

I filed my dispute with Citibank on May 13th and received the provisional credit today May 15th.  I'm sorry that I got my months mixed up.  I waited 60 days plus to file my dispute and Citibank handled it quickly and efficiently.

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

That last email from Princess makes it obvious they are just stalling until they file for bankruptcy. And the lack of anyone confirming here on CC receiving a monetary refund just confirms that. 

I’m thinking the same.  They are taking much too long, even considering the environment we’re in.  The moving of goal posts and now vague timelines is highly suspect. 

12 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

My TA said when she called for me today, that it could take up to another 180 days for them to credit our credit card.  We chose option 2. Our sailing was March 13th.They have kept our 9 thousand long enough.

If this is in fact true, I suspect that the company will fold and we won't see any funds reimbursed.  If I'm wrong in my assumption, it would be nice for the highly paid executives at Princess to make their intentions known.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I feel the same way...conflicting information, lost requests & missed deadlines are not ways to keep customer loyalty. In their press release they state that 66% of their clients are repeat passengers...wonder what percentage will remain as loyal CCL passengers after their mishandling of issuing FCCs & refunds.

Princess has been our preferred cruise line since first sailing with them in 1988. After waiting 60 days for our Option 1 FCC & refunds they said our request from 3/12 was not in their system. Despite providing our confirmation emails we received on 3/12 with the breakdown of our claim they don’t care about correcting their mistake...reapply & wait another 60 days.

If today’s CCL press release is to be believed, only 38% of their clients have requested refunds while the others want to sail with them again (FCC). With new layoffs & furloughing of employees the time to process our claims will likely get even longer.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-announces-additional-steps-further

You notice that they said only 38% have requested refunds.  So if someone has not yet made a request, since many have been recently canceled, they would not be counted.  It would be more meaningful if they had said out of those customers making a request 38% have requested refunds.  I take this is more CCL trying to make things look better than it is, while still avoiding someone suing for inaccurate statements.

20 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

If this is in fact true, I suspect that the company will fold and we won't see any funds reimbursed.  If I'm wrong in my assumption, it would be nice for the highly paid executives at Princess to make their intentions known.

Well the most highly paid executives at HAL and Seabourn have made their intentions known, they resigned.

54 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Per princess rep this morning...our refund has been processed and we should see it within 10 days.  I'll believe it when I see it, of course.  April 22 departure date.

Did you select option 2?