Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

17 Princess ships x 15 weeks (105 days since we cancelled) x 1500 avg. cabins per ship x 60% refunded already = 229,500 couples luckier than us.  Not including everyone from July-August -September cruises who already received their deposits back. 

If you are one of the lucky ones, maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket. Better yet, just send me the dollar.  😂😂😂😂

• Like 4

Our July Alaskan cruise was cancelled April 14th, and we chose option 2. We didn't have any emails from Princess after the cancellation notice. 

I looked today and they had refunded $300 to our cards, out of $400 that we paid. The rest of our cruise was paid with many many gift cards. I requested they be returned on one new gift card in April. Today I checked and they had simply put the amount back on the 13 individual gift cards, but didn't alert me. You would think they would want to tell me that they finally gave me my money back so I wouldn't complain and cause more work!

Honestly, a little surprised I got it back. If anyone wants to buy some gift cards at a discount, let me know! 😉 

• Like 2

Our $200 deposit was credited on June 26th for a Sept 2020 cruise I cancelled On April 8.  I had an email on May 12th asking if we would like to change the cash refund to a FCC for double the amount of the deposit.  They gave us until June 15th to take advantage of this offer.  I knew it was just a way to hold onto our money  a little longer.  Cash refund was the default option if we didn't take them up on the FCC offer.  I wondered how long it would take to get the refund to my credit card after June 15th came and went.  Well it took 11 days to get the credit to my credit card.  I know this is minor to what some are waiting for but am glad that we got our refund. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RebeccatheGeek said:

Our July Alaskan cruise was cancelled April 14th, and we chose option 2. We didn't have any emails from Princess after the cancellation notice. 

I looked today and they had refunded $300 to our cards, out of $400 that we paid. The rest of our cruise was paid with many many gift cards. I requested they be returned on one new gift card in April. Today I checked and they had simply put the amount back on the 13 individual gift cards, but didn't alert me. You would think they would want to tell me that they finally gave me my money back so I wouldn't complain and cause more work!

Honestly, a little surprised I got it back. If anyone wants to buy some gift cards at a discount, let me know! 😉 

If you don't mind me asking, where was your ship embarking from and what was your sailing date in July?

We had 3 cabins booked for Royal Princess - Alaska Northbound out of Vancouver.  Originally supposed to leave yesterday (6-27-2020) 😞. Canceled by Princess on 4/14/2020.  Immediately sent a refund request through Princess website.  Received an email from Princess on or around 4/21/2020.  Total amount refunded back to credit card on June 21, 2020.  They originally told us 60 days - so they were close.  

• Thanks 1

May 17, Sky Princess, 11 nights round trip from Copenhagen 

Has anyone received FCC or refunds for this?

We canceled on March 23.  This  cruise was beyond the initial 60 day pause - Princess cancelled cruise on April 14.  Now at day 97 since we cancelled, can get zero info from our TA or Princess.    Had friends booked for same cruise via different TA - they also have heard nothing.

Thanks,

Gino

Good morning 

Yes I have received the refund last week . But , they deducted about 20% and said I will receive it as future cruise credit but nothing. I called again ( twice) was told that they will now refund the FCC on my credit card within two weeks from 25th June. I had also booked a excursion which will be refunded on my credit card. I will wait until the 10th july and start pursuing this if not refunded. My advice to you is to file a complaint with your credit card as soon as possible. 

Question for those who booked their cruise(s) through a TA. Will Princess discuss your refund situation with you if you phone them, or will they refuse and insist that you go through the booking TA?

Our April 4 trip was cancelled by Princess in mid-March, and we selected Option 1. Our 175% FCCs arrived a long time ago, no problem. Our TA has communicated with Princess numerous times on the refund status for our taxes, prepaid items etc., and was given a variety of different stories each time she called. Last week, for the first time, she was informed that Princess had Emailed directly to us in mid-May, asking whether we wanted the refund as a cash return or an FCC, though our TA had stated all along we wanted the cash. Our TA immediately realized that Princess used an incorrect Email address, (even though they continue to send us occasional Emails to my correct address), so that explains why we never received the mid-May Email. I now assume our refund  will take a long time to come, so I thought I would try and call myself, but I don't want to do anything that will jeopardize our chances of actually receiving the refund.

21 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Question for those who booked their cruise(s) through a TA. Will Princess discuss your refund situation with you if you phone them, or will they refuse and insist that you go through the booking TA?

I used a TA. I called last Saturday - I got someone really good. He went through all payments and debits (I had EZ Air and many changes as I had booked the cruise after final payment). He came to the conclusion that I did that my refund was inaccurate and sent it back to accounting.

I was impressed with him. One of the better individuals I have dealt with with Princess and even on a weekend. Now, we will see how long it takes Accounting to refund me my additional amount.

24 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Our April 4 trip was cancelled by Princess in mid-March, and we selected Option 1. Our 175% FCCs arrived a long time ago, no problem. Our TA has communicated with Princess numerous times on the refund status for our taxes, prepaid items etc., and was given a variety of different stories each time she called.

Yes - you can call.

It sounds like you are in Pause 1.  Your taxes and fees are probably in a holding account.  You should get your prepaid items back to your credit card. If you want your taxes and fees refunded to credit card (as opposed to holding account) - definitely call. 

14 hours ago, Papa Gino said:

May 17, Sky Princess, 11 nights round trip from Copenhagen 

Has anyone received FCC or refunds for this?

We canceled on March 23.  This  cruise was beyond the initial 60 day pause - Princess cancelled cruise on April 14.  Now at day 97 since we cancelled, can get zero info from our TA or Princess.    Had friends booked for same cruise via different TA - they also have heard nothing.

Thanks,

Gino

Yes I have received a refund last week after following them about 5 times for the sky princess cruise . But they retained about 20% as FCC which is not yet in my princess account.  I called them to ask for the FCC and now they are saying they will refund that on my credit card with the excursion which was cancelled.  I intend to pursue it around the 10th july.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yes - you can call.

It sounds like you are in Pause 1.  Your taxes and fees are probably in a holding account.  You should get your prepaid items back to your credit card. If you want your taxes and fees refunded to credit card (as opposed to holding account) - definitely call. 

Thanks for the feedback, I will be calling.

Yes, we are Pause 1, and our TA was told that the $$$s were put into a holding account since Princess wasn't able to reach us for disposition. I hadn't realized that they would handle the taxes and pre-paid items separately, and we definitely have not received anything at all to any of our CCs.

18 hours ago, Italy52 said:

If you don't mind me asking, where was your ship embarking from and what was your sailing date in July?

18 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We were set for the Coral Princess out of Vancouver on July 15th. Ours was a Cruisetour as well. Not sure that made any difference or not. 

Data point... my deposit refund posted to my Amex card June 26.

Cruise was British Isles, 9/13/20. I cancelled on 4/19 before Princess announced the cancellation. I had a $500 refundable deposit. So it took 2 months plus a week for the credit to appear on my Amex. 

~Denise

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DuchessSophie said:

We had 3 cabins booked for Royal Princess - Alaska Northbound out of Vancouver.  Originally supposed to leave yesterday (6-27-2020) 😞. Canceled by Princess on 4/14/2020.  Immediately sent a refund request through Princess website.  Received an email from Princess on or around 4/21/2020.  Total amount refunded back to credit card on June 21, 2020.  They originally told us 60 days - so they were close.  

Was this cruise paid in full, or was it just a deposit that was refunded?  I am curious since cruises that were paid in full and were supposed to sail before yours (such as my Star Princess June 12 SFO to Alaska) haven't refunded.  For that matter, many others haven't either.

• Like 1

Now in the 100 Club

March 20th when we cancelled Excursions, Internet and many other direct purchases made with PRINCESS online.

Just had a live chat session with Juan, nice robot, plenty of canned copy pasted responses.

All he can guarantee (that’s almost a promise) we will get our refund, and he understands our frustration.

MSC we have been fully refunded They use an automated system

P&O we have been fully refunded They use an automated system 

RCCL we have been refunded and Lifted and shifted, also automated.

PCL NO REFUND, and they use sticky notes to process their refunds, but sure as hell use an automated system to take our money

To add they still owe us $5k for the actual cruise itself which they cancelled.

9E386D2C-47DB-4701-AE0D-0947E366ECCE.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I mentioned here a while back that I was interviewed by CNN for a story about cruise refunds. A bit later, I was also interviewed by USA Today. Both articles were published today:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cruise-refund-cancellation-coronavirus/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/06/29/cruise-passengers-have-been-waiting-months-refunds-canceled-trips/3202473001/

FYI, Princess claimed to both reporters that we had been kept informed by email and "sent" a "letter." Never once in the past 100 days have I been sent an email or letter by Princess regarding refunds, except as an auto-reply in response to my requests. Everyone else on my voyage reports the same. Their June 22 "letter" was posted on Facebook and their site, but not sent to any of us. I'm very much looking forward to seeing if their other claim -- that I will be receiving my refund 5-7 business days from June 19 -- turns out to be true.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CJinSF said:

I mentioned here a while back that I was interviewed by CNN for a story about cruise refunds. A bit later, I was also interviewed by USA Today. Both articles were published today:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cruise-refund-cancellation-coronavirus/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/06/29/cruise-passengers-have-been-waiting-months-refunds-canceled-trips/3202473001/

FYI, Princess claimed to both reporters that we had been kept informed by email and "sent" a "letter." Never once in the past 100 days have I been sent an email or letter by Princess regarding refunds, except as an auto-reply in response to my requests. Everyone else on my voyage reports the same. Their June 22 "letter" was posted on Facebook and their site, but not sent to any of us. I'm very much looking forward to seeing if their other claim -- that I will be receiving my refund 5-7 business days from June 19 -- turns out to be true.

I just read your article on CNN. I came to this thread to see if it has been posted. I hope you get your money soon. Off to read the USA Today article. Glad this situation is getting national exposure - hopefully it helps speed up the cruise lines process.

39 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Now in the 100 Club

Thanks for posting. There are fewer of us left, but it is more than a bit disheartening to see more and more people post about receiving their deposits and excursion refunds in much less time than we have already waited.

24 minutes ago, CJinSF said:

FYI, Princess claimed to both reporters that we had been kept informed by email and "sent" a "letter." Never once in the past 100 days have I been sent an email or letter by Princess regarding refunds, except as an auto-reply in response to my requests.

I have received no letters that were specific to my cancelled cruises either.  Just form letters saying things like refunds are being processed but not mentioning for which cruise, etc.  Keep us updated -- it will be interesting to see what happens with your refund!

A somewhat new wrinkle? Got my deposit back for 2 PAX, then the cost of the cruise back for 2 PAX. But the promised 100 percent OBC was given only to me, the lead passenger who paid for the cruise, and not to my partner.

I have been meaning to call Carnival to understand this logic.

3 hours ago, RebeccatheGeek said:

We were set for the Coral Princess out of Vancouver on July 15th. Ours was a Cruisetour as well. Not sure that made any difference or not. 

Thanks for the post, I appreciate it. 

49 minutes ago, barante said:

A somewhat new wrinkle? Got my deposit back for 2 PAX, then the cost of the cruise back for 2 PAX. But the promised 100 percent OBC was given only to me, the lead passenger who paid for the cruise, and not to my partner.

I have been meaning to call Carnival to understand this logic.

That does seem a new twist like we got our port fees as FCCs

Was it OBC or did you mean FCC   I cant see them giving

100% OBC .  Have you checked the Captains circle account for your partner

IF they dont have one you will need to create it.