Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

53 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Wish I had an FCC   so I could see when it expires. At this rate it could well have expired before I receive it. 😉

Lol. I think I might expire before I get me refund....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Wish I had an FCC   so I could see when it expires. At this rate it could well have expired before I receive it. 😉

Sadly, I think you are right..... I wish they would give us more time to use it. I have some tentative vacation thoughts for the next 2 years that doesn't include Princess. I could easily do an Alaskan cruise with my FCC but it ends before that season starts.

• Like 1

We had three cruises booked for this fall on the Pacific Princess in Tahiti and Australia/New Zealand.

Princess cancelled them months ago - not sure if that was Phase one or two but I think it was phase two.

We were given the options of filling out the paper work to get refunds of our deposits or, if we did nothing, we would get double the deposit on future cruises as OBC.

We chose to get the double $$ in OBC so did nothing.

Those three cruises still show as active future cruises in My Princess.

As I said - Princess cancelled them MONTHS ago.

What to do? Just wait?

?????????????????????

• Thanks 1

I had a May 17 cruise cancelled by Princess April 14. I requested a refund and got email confirmation of my request April 14. The future cruise deposit I had used to book was returned to my account June 12. I have been checking my credit card daily. Today my full refund was showing on my credit card (total 70 days). The refund was dated June 18. I am happy I finally have my money back but I am still very unhappy that it took such a long time. 

We had two Princess-cancelled cruises to Alaska:  May 20th, 2020 and August 16, 2020.  We chose Option 1 for both cruises.  Both cruises continued to show up in our Personalizer even though they were cancelled by Princess.  Once the May cruise date passed, it fell off the Personalizer.  The August cruise still remains in the Personalizer and will probably do so until that date passes. 

4 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We had two Princess-cancelled cruises to Alaska:  May 20th, 2020 and August 16, 2020.  We chose Option 1 for both cruises.  Both cruises continued to show up in our Personalizer even though they were cancelled by Princess.  Once the May cruise date passed, it fell off the Personalizer.  The August cruise still remains in the Personalizer and will probably do so until that date passes. 

Did you check your Captains Circle Account to see if you got the OBC?

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

Did you check your Captains Circle Account to see if you got the OBC?

Yup, and nothing; I check on a daily basis.  I even have my credit cards set on an alert when I get credits to my account and nothing.  I called Princess and asked for an update about my refund and was told that I was somewhere in the processing stage like many other cruisers; she could not tell me if I was in the beginning, middle or end of the line. 

3 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Yup, and nothing; I check on a daily basis.  I even have my credit cards set on an alert when I get credits to my account and nothing.  I called Princess and asked for an update about my refund and was told that I was somewhere in the processing stage like many other cruisers; she could not tell me if I was in the beginning, middle or end of the line. 

But Option 1 wouldn't be on your credit card - it would be in your Captain's Circle Account.

We have $600 in deposits for the three cruises so I am expecting $1200 in FCCs.

Not expecting ANYTHING on my credit card.

Edited by chamima

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

But Option 1 wouldn't be on your credit card - it would be in your Captain's Circle Account.

We chose Option 1 after our April 4 trip was cancelled by Princess on March 14. We were told that the trip cost would be given as FCCs (175% in our case, long ago received and already partially used), and that the taxes, prepayments etc would be returned to our credit card as we had asked.. That was re-iterated to our TA each time she called to ask the status of the missing refund. Today, when she called again, she was told for the first time that Princess claimed they had Emailed me twice in mid-May asking whether we wanted the money as a proper refund (which we had asked for all along) or as an FCC. I had never received such Emails from Princess, and that's because they used an incorrect Email address. Staying patient....

Has anyone received a refund for the Ruby Princess to ALaska sailing May 23?

I cancelled March 19. I was in the ‘window’ of only forfeiting my deposit as a FCC and requested a refund back to my CC for the full balance.  It has now been 97 days since I cancelled it with no refund.

i was told it would be 60 days, then 60 business days then I was told they were refunding according to cruise date.  But I’ve seen many posts of cruise dates after mine that have already been received.

Ive sailed numerous cruises with a Princess and I’m at the point of saying no more cruise with them.

39 minutes ago, chamima said:

The following charges associated with my cruise should be refunded to my credit card per Princess:  soda and water packages, excursion, port fees and taxes.

I cancelled on March 6th for a May 12th sailing. I have never gotten my refund from Princess. I lost track of how long it's been now - more than 90 days, for sure...   I DID get most of my money back from a credit card dispute.  I honestly don't think I will ever see anything back from Princess ever... But I am done with them FOREVER...  In a couple of years, we are having our 25th, and may consider a "luxury line" such as Regent, if any line survives...

Good Luck all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nancylc said:

Has anyone received a refund for the Ruby Princess to ALaska sailing May 23?

I cancelled March 19. I was in the ‘window’ of only forfeiting my deposit as a FCC and requested a refund back to my CC for the full balance.  It has now been 97 days since I cancelled it with no refund.

i was told it would be 60 days, then 60 business days then I was told they were refunding according to cruise date.  But I’ve seen many posts of cruise dates after mine that have already been received.

Ive sailed numerous cruises with a Princess and I’m at the point of saying no more cruise with them.

So we booked the prior week 5/16/20 on Ruby and cancelled on 3/19/20, before ez-air cancel dates and requested refund except $200 FCC also.  After waiting 90 days called yesterday and told I hadn't requested refund and so it was just sitting there. So asked to speak to a supervisor in customer relations who said she then sent info. to financial department and should see some results soon. 🤣🤣🤣. Im not holding my breath, being patient for these 90 days has been a waste of time. Especially after reading all these dates after my cruise that have been totally refunded. While I still wait for 2 premium balconies to be refunded, along with ez-air, and $3k in shore excursions totally well over $10K. Good Luck to you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

The following charges associated with my cruise should be refunded to my credit card per Princess:  soda and water packages, excursion, port fees and taxes.

I forget what Pause you are in but your port fees and taxes may go in a holding account unless you ask for a refund.

The rest should be refunded to credit card.

Edited by Coral

41 minutes ago, Coral said:

I forget what Pause you are in but your port fees and taxes may go in a holding account unless you ask for a refund.

The rest should be refunded to credit card.

Coral, I believe our May Alaska cruise was Pause 2 (April 14th) and our August Alaska cruise was Pause 3 (May 6th).

Where will I find the holding account information? 

Thanks.

Karen

5 hours ago, MarynaPav said:

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone know, they process deposit refunds for such a long time as full refunds for the cruise? 

Or when it comes to deposit refund, processing is faster? 

Deposit refunds definitely not faster.  Cancelled our August cruise on March 20 and still waiting for the deposit to be refunded for the 3 of us....  90 days so far.  

Hi All.

We were booked to sail on Sapphire Princess on 12th May 2020 from Fremantle for a 10 day voyage to the north of Western Australia and return.

We were notified that the cruise was cancelled on 16th of April and we choose to get a refund by filling out the request on the 17th.

An email was received from our travel company that the money would be in our account 23rd of June and the funds were available on the 24th.

Regards,

Harry W.

• Like 1