Refund, Future Credit or Rebook?

Javert1969

4 minutes ago, pierrepedro said:

I cancelled yesterday by our TA and were advised that we would receive our refund in due course as things are very busy - understandably.  I am hoping for the refund within the next 2 weeks

Please let us know if that happens but at present they are quoting 45 days.

2 hours ago, Pine Man said:

The balance left stays on your account and has to be used up by the end of next year, presumably in part payment for another cruise.

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping anything over could be used as OBC.

Never mind I will have to find an expensive cabin instead.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, awmartin said:

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping anything over could be used as OBC.

Never mind I will have to find an expensive cabin instead.

I saw a reply to someone on twitter from P&O suggesting converting it to OBC would be ok, but I don't know if that's the official line and I can't find it again to check exactly what they said! Definitely worth asking when you rebook though. Or perhaps see if you could use it towards any pre-cruise purchases you make thought your account like excursions/ select dining?

On 3/17/2020 at 7:23 PM, Clodia said:

Yes, we will all take our revenge when this crisis is over. Those who do not measure up will be mercilessly boycotted!

But most cruise lines are following similar procedures as they all attempt to retain as much liquidity as possible. In future I imagine that value for money will continue to be the main factor in most people's decision making.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

But most cruise lines are following similar procedures as they all attempt to retain as much liquidity as possible. In future I imagine that value for money will continue to be the main factor in most people's decision making.

Some were proactive and initially treated their customers with the loyalty and respect they deserved but P&O/Cunard have been reactive dragging their tails and made those that were sensible and loyal worse off by waiting to phone them initially as there cruise wasnt imminent but those that phoned and acted even though there cruises were not in the near future have got better cancellation/transfer/FCC deals.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Some were proactive and initially treated their customers with the loyalty and respect they deserved but P&O/Cunard have been reactive dragging their tails and made those that were sensible and loyal worse off by waiting to phone them initially as there cruise wasnt imminent but those that phoned and acted even though there cruises were not in the near future have got better cancellation/transfer/FCC deals.

Princess did seem to react very fast and fairly, but they had the most to lose after the Diamond and Grand Princess quaratines issues, most other US lines did react earlier than P&O & Cunard but FO were even slower than P&O , but then both P&O and Cunard backdated their first offer to include anyone who had cancelled prior to a date in Feb (I Think)  and gave FCCs to the value of 125% of the loss they suffered on the original cancellation, to react, so falling into line with most others.

As I said above all the cruise lines now seem to have fallen into line with the CLIA announcement, and I did see one comment that the new FCC only offer was issued following discussions with EU and ABTA, to try and stem the haemorrhaging of cash from the cruise lines and help prevent them going bust.

2 hours ago, Pentlands said:

Don't forget to check how  you would be fixed for travel insurance. Annual policy holders are being told by some that if they move a cruise it will be tyreated like a new booking and CV19 excluded.

Yes it will be a new booking, and my insurer has advised that CV 19 will not be covered on bookings made after 18 March 2020.

Hi all how many would be interested if you could transfer your payment to an existing booking instead of FCC or cancellation I have 3=cruises booked May 20,Jan 21, and Jan 22  and would have no problem if P &O would take my payment off my next cruise looks like my May one will be cancelled anyway 

• Like 2

I'm due to pay the final balance on my cruise in July. I personally feel that this will not go ahead. Can anyone tell me if a FCC can be used against a saver fare? I believe P&O's usual policy is that they can only be used on a select fare and I cannot find any mention in the updated options they have emailed.

45 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi all how many would be interested if you could transfer your payment to an existing booking instead of FCC or cancellation I have 3=cruises booked May 20,Jan 21, and Jan 22  and would have no problem if P &O would take my payment off my next cruise looks like my May one will be cancelled anyway 

I think that this would be a good option, one that we would probably take up.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

That would work for us too. We only cruise once a year and have a 19 nights cruise already booked for October 2021. 

Avril 

We are the same, generally only cruise once a year - the Med in October Aurora or Arcadia is our favourite! The option to transfer any payment to an existing booking would certainly be good for us.

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If it's Arcadia October 9th 2021 then it's the same cruise we're on. 

Avril 

It is indeed! Let’s hope things have calmed down by then and we are able to enjoy that cruise. This year’s was supposed to be Aurora on 12th October, but that is now of course unlikely.

1 minute ago, SeaJane said:

It is indeed! Let’s hope things have calmed down by then and we are able to enjoy that cruise. This year’s was supposed to be Aurora on 12th October, but that is now of course unlikely.

There are one or two posters on here on that  2021 cruise. We'll all have to get together and celebrate the return of cruising.🍸 I'm still keeping everything crossed for this year's Arcadia on November 6th. Ever hopeful. 

Avril 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

There are one or two posters on here on that  2021 cruise. We'll all have to get together and celebrate the return of cruising.🍸 I'm still keeping everything crossed for this year's Arcadia on November 6th. Ever hopeful. 

Avril 

We certainly will - that will give us something to look forward to Avril🥂