30 Day suspension?

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Anthem is due for a TA on the 12th.  Maybe they didn’t want it included. 

There are a number of Easter sailings on 12th - they need those weekend departure high cost sailings.

The website has been updated. It’s obvious the 30 days was just an approximation of a month or 4 weeks and not a hard and fast number. I don’t read anything sneaky or underhanded into this at all.  Stuff was  happening at such a quick pace yesterday minor slip ups of terms are bound to happen 

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always our top priorities. After the decision was made on March 13th to voluntarily suspend our sailings departing from US ports, we've now made the decision to also suspend operations for the remainder of our sailings worldwide, effective at midnight, March 15th. Our goal is to resume operations on April 11th, 2020.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It's my understanding April 11th sailings are not included in the 30 days.  I agree with what you are saying, the high cost of that Easter week.  What's makes it even more confusing is that Costco Travel sent me a cancellation notice for my April 11th sailing but it says Royal will resume sailing on April 11th???   

Edited by inghilch

3 hours ago, Florida native said:

Have April 11 booking on Rhapsody from Tampa.

That was  why I was wondering what to do .

I was suppose to sail on Symphony on March 28. I received RCCL email announcing the cancellation. In that email it says that the sailings will resume on April 11th. Maybe they dont want to lose an extra weekend of sailings.

22 minutes ago, chadcf said:

I think the odds that they'll be able to start up again on April 11 are fairly slim at this point.

Lol,based on your scientific data? Or just your no data unscientific hunch? 

Just now, rtazz17 said:

Lol,based on your scientific data? Or just your no data unscientific hunch? 

I don't think anyone has any scientific data on when the cruise industry will be able to sail. Everyone is just guessing at this point, even the cruise lines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chadcf said:

I don't think anyone has any scientific data on when the cruise industry will be able to sail. Everyone is just guessing at this point, even the cruise lines.

The closest we have to data right now for the belief that they won't be able to sail starting April 11 (I belief I personally share with you) is the number of ports which have shut down through May and some through June. If the ports don't end their shutdown early or many more start shutting down, the cruise lines won't have a choice; with nowhere to dock they won't be able to run.