Just got quarantined - 3 weeks later...Reflection

Elusive_Cruiser

11 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

A heads up the Costco now has a morning hour for those 60+.  Also several grocers have senior hours. We were able to leave home, shop and return home in a bit over an hour.

The best part was EVERYTHING was in stock and no crowds.

You mean that actually had toilet paper?  😁 🍷

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

You mean that actually had toilet paper?  😁 🍷

Yes. And paper towels, eggs, Clorox wipes. Everything Was in stock! They allowed about 300 people in and for the 8am to 9am time ID required. 60+ only.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swann5 said:

Original poster, Elusive_cruiser, did your DH, get his test results back?

Dianne

We have yet to be contacted to get appt for test, and it's been over a week.  I think, since there is a shortage, they decided we were not high priority, since we arrived home BEFORE all s*** broke loose.   We are still staying in quarantine, to be on the safe side.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Yes. And paper towels, eggs, Clorox wipes. Everything Was in stock! They allowed about 300 people in and for the 8am to 9am time ID required. 60+ only.

Looks like that is a local thing - none of the Costco stores near us have that to my knowledge

On 3/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, idh2019 said:

The title of the thread is going to worry Reflection cruisers. 3 weeks after the cruise is a long time for COVID to appear. 

He came home with the cough.  At that time, there was an issue if you had several symptoms, such as cough AND fever.  Then, of course... things changed.  3 weeks later, it was only one symptom.  Regardless... ALL cruisers should be concerned, not just those off the Reflection.  I do not apologize for worrying anyone.  EVERYONE should be very concerned.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Looks like that is a local thing - none of the Costco stores near us have that to my knowledge

No. They stock for the senior hours. All was gone in 30 minutes. New program. All of USA and Canada (don't know about UK & Australia). Give them a call.

Costco here opens 8-9am on Tues & Thurs for seniors.  So far, everything in stock except toilet paper and a few other items, but you can get it at one of the local stores.  I don't know what the big deal/run on toilet paper is all about.  People need to start eating more cheese.  😉 🍷

• Haha 1

The early hours for seniors at a local supermarket was quite the sight.  There were two registers open and the lines were very long.  The manger was encouraging customers to go to the self-service checkout but people would not.  Must be too complicated for them.  

I noted that customers were not buying toilet paper.  Saw boxes of prunes, oatmeal, Depends  and hard candy.

We have been doing quite well with everything, but my DH had a skiing accident, his shoulder hit the ice like a rocket, so he is in a lot of pain when it locks up.  Monday, he will learn the results of his MRI, along with finding out if he can be put on the short list for surgery.  I am still upset with him, as I asked him not to go, but he thought he was indestructible, even at his age.  Hopefully, neither of us get Covid-19, but it certainly is scary.  I hope the same for all of you!

As far as getting groceries, we havee not had any issues so far...

Edited by Lastdance

51 minutes ago, keesar said:

The early hours for seniors at a local supermarket was quite the sight.  There were two registers open and the lines were very long.  The manger was encouraging customers to go to the self-service checkout but people would not.  Must be too complicated for them.  

I noted that customers were not buying toilet paper.  Saw boxes of prunes, oatmeal, Depends  and hard candy.

Not too funny!

On 3/15/2020 at 10:01 PM, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Yikes, we were on that Mardi Gras cruise with you! All three of us are good, thank heavens. We wish you the very best of luck and hope for the very best for you. Thank you for telling us. We will stay alert for any change in our status. Very best regards.

They weren’t on the Mardi Gras cruise. It was the one before. We were though and so far, so good. We were also on the March 2nd cruise and saw no problem and we were not denied docking at any of the ports. 2 great cruises. We were so lucky to have them and get our flight home safely. Now we are in lockdown but at least in our own home. 

16 hours ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

He came home with the cough.  At that time, there was an issue if you had several symptoms, such as cough AND fever.  Then, of course... things changed.  3 weeks later, it was only one symptom.  Regardless... ALL cruisers should be concerned, not just those off the Reflection.  I do not apologize for worrying anyone.  EVERYONE should be very concerned.

B&P, We also were on this cruise and the next one (Mardi Gras), Almost 3 weeks from disembarkation without symptoms.

Do you receive the results of the test?

L&G

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

B&P, We also were on this cruise and the next one (Mardi Gras), Almost 3 weeks from disembarkation without symptoms.

Do you receive the results of the test?

L&G

We STILL have not been contacted to get the test, so we are going to assume that they are less concerned with us than others.  We're still in quarantine, but at this point, consider it self-inflicted.  My DHs cough is almost gone now.  I'm sure there is little to no concern that we brought home anything more than a cough. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

I'm sure there is little to no concern that we brought home anything more than a cough. 🤷‍♀️

Hopefully a few good memories too 😁

Almost done our first week of self isolation after our March 7th Equinox sailing.  So far so good here.

23 hours ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

Everyone should indeed be concerned.  But honestly, the title you chose went a bit beyond concern, to spread fear for those of us on that sailing (like me!).  It implicated that the virus had been on that sailing.  There remains no evidence of that, thank goodness.  Concern and fear are two different things. I certainly have one, but prefer to avoid the other unnecessarily.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Everyone should indeed be concerned.  But honestly, the title you chose went a bit beyond concern, to spread fear for those of us on that sailing (like me!).  It implicated that the virus had been on that sailing.  There remains no evidence of that, thank goodness.  Concern and fear are two different things. I certainly have one, but prefer to avoid the other unnecessarily.

Point taken

@Elusive_Cruiser I think the title was entirely accurate about your experience. Anyone grabbing hazmat suits because your title mentioned being in quaratine needs to be able to read the thread. It wasn't crying "Fire!" in a crowded theater, for crying out loud. People need to get a grip.

As for the duration of your isolation, if you don't get a notification for a test within 2 to 3 weeks of isolation, can you just call the public health office, describe your husband's recovery, and get them to agree you can be "freed"?

Edited by mayleeman

12 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

@Elusive_Cruiser I think the title was entirely accurate about your experience. Anyone grabbing hazmat suits because your title mentioned being in quaratine needs to be able to read the thread. It wasn't crying "Fire!" in a crowded theater, for crying out loud. People need to get a grip.

As for the duration of your isolation, if you don't get a notification for a test within 2 to 3 weeks of isolation, can you just call the public health office, describe your husband's recovery, and get them to agree you can be "freed"?

Thank you mayleeman!

We were finally contacted and have an appointment for our test tomorrow.  Then, 3-4 days for results.  We'll then also be at the 2 week mark anyway, but will at least be able to confirm that my DHs cough was not a 'mild' case, which was the concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, Elusive_Cruiser said:

Thank you mayleeman!

We were finally contacted and have an appointment for our test tomorrow.  Then, 3-4 days for results.  We'll then also be at the 2 week mark anyway, but will at least be able to confirm that my DHs cough was not a 'mild' case, which was the concern.

According to your post, you should have had results by today.  If so, can you please share?  Those of us also on that cruise have been monitoring this thread.  thank you

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

According to your post, you should have had results by today.  If so, can you please share?  Those of us also on that cruise have been monitoring this thread.  thank you

My DH got the call about 30 minutes ago, and he is NEGATIVE!!!  However, I've not yet received my call... was waiting for both before posting.... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elusive_Cruiser said:

My DH got the call about 30 minutes ago, and he is NEGATIVE!!!  However, I've not yet received my call... was waiting for both before posting.... 

Thank you!  Answer I was anticipating, but it's good to hear.  

• Like 1