Royal calling in serenade

10 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Wow that sucks.  But not surprising.  Take your refund and book another one after this settles down.

That may be many, many months away.  Sad that we were not prepared!

7 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

Announcement just made we are heading back, so out 10 day cruise turned into 4, we are do back on Tuesday. He said will see if we can stop in Nassau tomorrow.

Yeah saw she turned around last nite, and had slowed to 10knots threw the nite. Done over 200nites on Serenade, my second home. Safe travels back...

17 minutes ago, gzjax said:

On serenade right now. Is serenade only RCCL ship to turn around 

If there isn't any illness on board why can't the ship simply cruise around for a few extra days?  That would be better than just going back to the US. I'm sure they have enough supplies for that. What am I missing?

19 minutes ago, mek said:

If there isn't any illness on board why can't the ship simply cruise around for a few extra days?  That would be better than just going back to the US. I'm sure they have enough supplies for that. What am I missing?

I think because they are losing money on this sailing. I heard 900-1000 passengers on board. Although a little money is better than none. A crewmember told me most crew will stay on board for the suspension in operations.

Edited by gzjax
Its strange but fun on board. You can go anywhere you want and no big crowds

Just now, gzjax said:

I think because they are losing money on this sailing. I heard 900-1000 passengers on board. Although a little money is better than none. A crewmember told me most crew will stay on board for the suspension in operations.

But they knew the low pax count before sailing.  They should have just canceled.  Now they will have to give refunds anyhow.

24 minutes ago, mek said:

What if they decide to sail around for a few days, and before they get back someone gets sick and tests positive?

3 minutes ago, mek said:

But they knew the low pax count before sailing.  They should have just canceled.  Now they will have to give refunds anyhow.

Just my thoughts. Im probably wrong 

2 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

What if they decide to sail around for a few days, and before they get back someone gets sick and tests positive?

But they knew that was possible before sailing.  Why even begin the cruise?

Edited by mek