QUESTION ??? FCC EQUAL TO OBC

shipndip60

My question is about the FCC that I received from my canceled cruise.  If I book another cruise and use the FCC towards that cruise and still have some credit left over can I convert the credit amount left over into OBC on my cruise ? 

6 minutes ago, shipndip60 said:

My question is about the FCC that I received from my canceled cruise.  If I book another cruise and use the FCC towards that cruise and still have some credit left over can I convert the credit amount left over into OBC on my cruise ? 

Yes. That sounds right!

3 hours ago, shipndip60 said:

My understanding was that you use the FCC to pay for one or more cruise invoices until it expires.  If you order things for on board, in a normal booking, you have to immediately pay by credit card.  So, not sure how you would use the FCC for that.

3 hours ago, shipndip60 said:

My left over extra FCC stayed in my account to use on another cruise fare.

I don't think you can use it for anything else.

• Like 1

Thanks!!  I was not sure how it would work.  So I guess no matter which way you go,  in some cases they have you locked into taking two cruises if you have FCC left after you book a cruise that does not take up all of your FCC.  Princess sure knows how to get into your pocket.

• Like 1

I was wondering that as well.  I called Princess and was put on hold.  If you listen to the message, it states that you can use the Future Cruise Credit for the cruise fare or any onboard expenses.   While it does not say anything about air fare,  I got to believe you could apply it against ez air, but not sure about that.

PS.  Never did get through...

As I read the policy from Princess Future Cruise Credits are different than Onboard Credits.  The Future Cruise Credits can only be used towards future cruise fares.  Not things like shore excursions, dining upgrades etc.  That means that the credit if any is left over would remain in your account until it is either used or expires. 

On 3/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, shipndip60 said:

Thanks!!  I was not sure how it would work.  So I guess no matter which way you go,  in some cases they have you locked into taking two cruises if you have FCC left after you book a cruise that does not take up all of your FCC.  Princess sure knows how to get into your pocket.

The management wants the company to survive and so do most of us. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The management wants the company to survive and so do most of us. 🙂

I agree.  Doesn't make sense to give away revenue and then end up without a company.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 3:28 PM, CruzeQueen2 said:

Yes. That sounds right!

I thought I read that early on when the cancellation policies first starting coming out ... but now, I just can't find anything that states that on the Princess website.