Any update on Freedom of the sea?

My parents are on the Freedom of the sea that docked in Miami this morning.  Any update on disembark time? Wondering if they will have to quarantine at home? Looking for an update from anyone on the ship with current information.  Thank you

Edited by tomberly

38 minutes ago, tomberly said:

Thank you

I was on the ship. Disembarking started at about 8:30. They was no mention of quarantine. I spoke with a customs agent on board and he said the ship was deemed safe and clean. No infected passengers on board. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, tomberly said:

My parents are on the Freedom of the sea that docked in Miami this morning.  Any update on disembark time? Wondering if they will have to quarantine at home? Looking for an update from anyone on the ship with current information.  Thank you

did this ship sail out of PR? I thought that I read that a ship that was supposed to dock there was refused and sent to Miami.

Is this true?

42 minutes ago, pmck said:

did this ship sail out of PR? I thought that I read that a ship that was supposed to dock there was refused and sent to Miami.

Is this true?

Yes it sailed out of PR, they were to dock there on Sunday. The port closed on Sunday so they sailed to Miami and then disembarked this morning.

Edited by tomberly

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

What did you think of the post AMPED Freedom? 

For the most part, I loved it. The revamped pool deck was very nice. The new seating areas were a nice addition. El Loco Fresh on the pool deck was a great addition. It's another venue for (free) food while hanging out by the pool. We ate lunch there several days. There is also a bar there that was hardly ever busy. For some reason, most people went to the Lime and Coconut bars (the former Pool Bar and Sky Bar). The lines of people at those two bars was always long. I never waited for more than one person in front of me at El Loco Fresh. Another very popular addition was Playmakers Sports Bar. That place was always busy. Lots of people eating and drinking in there every time I went. I normally won't spend money for food on the ship when there are so many free options. However, we decided to have Happy Hour on our balcony the afternoon we were in St. Thomas and I bought some wings and onion rings from Playmakers to eat on the balcony. The food was very good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

For the most part, I loved it. The revamped pool deck was very nice. The new seating areas were a nice addition. El Loco Fresh on the pool deck was a great addition. It's another venue for (free) food while hanging out by the pool. We ate lunch there several days. There is also a bar there that was hardly ever busy. For some reason, most people went to the Lime and Coconut bars (the former Pool Bar and Sky Bar). The lines of people at those two bars was always long. I never waited for more than one person in front of me at El Loco Fresh. Another very popular addition was Playmakers Sports Bar. That place was always busy. Lots of people eating and drinking in there every time I went. I normally won't spend money for food on the ship when there are so many free options. However, we decided to have Happy Hour on our balcony the afternoon we were in St. Thomas and I bought some wings and onion rings from Playmakers to eat on the balcony. The food was very good. 

Thanks for getting back with me. I like the idea having a food venue out on the pool deck. Something I like about Celebrity is having the mast/pool grill to grab a 'burger, dog and a brew. Nice not having to go in the buffet area. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for getting back with me. I like the idea having a food venue out on the pool deck. Something I like about Celebrity is having the mast/pool grill to grab a 'burger, dog and a brew. Nice not having to go in the buffet area. 

The food at El Loco Fresh is all Mexican. There are nachos, quesadillas, burritos, tacos etc. There are all kinds of toppings to build your own feast. Everything I tried was excellent!

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The food at El Loco Fresh is all Mexican. There are nachos, quesadillas, burritos, tacos etc. There are all kinds of toppings to build your own feast. Everything I tried was excellent!

Yum, yummy...🌮🍻

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yum, yummy...🌮🍻

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

this is making me sad because I'm sure that the way things stand now, our 5/10/20 cruise isn't going to happen.

We've been sailing in May for the past few  years and are trying to figure out other options, if we decide to do the FCC.  Hurricane season always scares us away from the summer months. :classic_unsure:

17 hours ago, pmck said:

this is making me sad because I'm sure that the way things stand now, our 5/10/20 cruise isn't going to happen.

We've been sailing in May for the past few  years and are trying to figure out other options, if we decide to do the FCC.  Hurricane season always scares us away from the summer months. :classic_unsure:

Wait to see if RC cancels your cruise. You should be offered the 125% FCC or 100% refund. Both are good for cruises until 31 December 2021. If that happens book the same cruise for May or whatever month you prefer for 2021. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Wait to see if RC cancels your cruise. You should be offered the 125% FCC or 100% refund. Both are good for cruises until 31 December 2021. If that happens book the same cruise for May or whatever month you prefer for 2021. 

thanks. I may be stupid, but how does the 125% work? Is it 125% of the amount we paid? For example, if we paid $2000, would the credit be for $2500?  I was thinking same cruise next year as well. Because only God knows when this will be over.

4 minutes ago, pmck said:

thanks. I may be stupid, but how does the 125% work? Is it 125% of the amount we paid? For example, if we paid $2000, would the credit be for $2500?  I was thinking same cruise next year as well. Because only God knows when this will be over.

125% of the cruise fare. Port charges and taxes are refunded back to your CC or method of payment. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

125% of the cruise fare. Port charges and taxes are refunded back to your CC or method of payment. 

thanks!  I'm so sad that this is happening now. As I'm sure we all are!