for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Woke up to 20" of snow!!!!!   And it is still snowing.   When I got home last night, my trash can was on it's side at the entrance to my driveway.  I got out of the car to grab it a move it out of the way - I sunk up the the middle of my calves!  

It's going to be an interesting day.

We only got 6

’ from this snow, but on top of 2” of ice. I’d rather have 20” of snow

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm the opposite of you.  I look terrible in joggers.  I have some, but just not enough to wear all the time.  Stella is my favorite.  If you want something lightweight and not wool, try on a pair of Vuori Performance Joggers.  I ended up sizing down on them to get them to fit not-so-baggy on me.  

I did a half hour of shoveling my little driveway and I'm halfway done.  The snow was mostly mid-calf high, but got up to knee-high on one side.  The only saving grace is that the snow isn't heavy, making it easier to shovel.  My shoulder hurts right now, so giving it a rest.  

Watching my squirrel friend playing on my screen door and then jumping around on the snow-covered trees - he is having a great time.  

Melody - be careful outside!  We don't want you falling off the scooter and breaking something!  Having to wear a cast/boot/etc, in the Winter is not fun.  

Lol I’ve been in a boot since Jan 23 with 7 weeks to go. We made it thru fine, glad I bought the scooter with all terrain wheels!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lol I’ve been in a boot since Jan 23 with 7 weeks to go. We made it thru fine, glad I bought the scooter with all terrain wheels!!

When I shattered my leg, I was in a cast for 2 months, then a boot for 2 months.  Winter.  Had a neoprene  boot "toe" cover and ice picks on the ends of my crutches.  I wish there had been a scooter back then!

I finished my driveway today.  My nice neighbor was out with his blower and came over and chewed up the really high corners of the driveway.  I've got just enough done to get the KIA out.   And, the UPS guy just delivered my box of Fiji Water so I guess it's safe enough to walk on, too.  

4zkExTJTSG+lYFJMze7kdA.jpg

• Like 2

I don't necessarily miss dealing with cold weather...but I do enjoy the occasional cold weather...and SNOW!! I love the quiet of the world, insulated under a blanket of fresh fallen snow. I especially like to VISIT it. And I love the sound of footsteps in snow... Unless I go to CO with DH and experience a well timed snow fall though...what little I experienced on Christmas weekend is all I think I'll get this year. 

• Like 1

Ding ding ding!   Just saw an ad on my iPhone for a new CNN travel show:  Eva Longoria in "Searching for Mexico."  Could be interesting.  She is a foodie (owns some restaurants) and is Mexican-American from the Texas border.

Mexico is on my possible trip list (the Journeywomen site is full of mature women who love to spend time all over Mexico), so I'm definitely looking.

Quiet day at work.  Only had to snowblow about 2" off the driveway this morning so it wasn't too bad, just manually shoveling the front where the county plow put the nasty stuff.   But my shoulder is screaming today from all the work on the driveway the last 2 days.  It's a 4-Advil day...

• Like 1

Thanks for the the advise re blood thinners ,he is doing daily injections and can fly after 7 days ,business class.I had the same injections last year after my surgery.

Lois we did a Uniworld river cruise and loved it ,also through France.We started in Lyon and finished in Avignon ,it was mid summer and very hot.

Happy belated birthday Cynthia.

Kat you may still be offered the Italian Villa 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

I don't think my last post actually posted .

Kat I was just looking through the posts trying to find the online shop you got your plates from,I can't find it.We need new dinnerware and I thought I would look online

I got my stuff at Our Place. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Only had to snowblow about 2" off the driveway this morning so it wasn't too bad, just manually shoveling the front where the county plow put the nasty stuff.   But my shoulder is screaming today from all the work on the driveway the last 2 days.  It's a 4-Advil day...

You seem to have had a very snowy winter. On the flip side, ours has been warmer than normal. I look at the heavier sweaters in my dresser and think "when am I ever going to wear these?"

On the plus side, shoveling snow is supposed to be about the best cardio there is.... 😄

40 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

You seem to have had a very snowy winter. On the flip side, ours has been warmer than normal. I look at the heavier sweaters in my dresser and think "when am I ever going to wear these?"

On the plus side, shoveling snow is supposed to be about the best cardio there is.... 😄

It's good cardio, but not good for the shoulder...

Yesterday and today is our break from the storms.  Another one comes in tomorrow with maybe 8" more of snow.  Poor people in So. CA right now - they are getting pummeled with snow that they haven't seen in decades.   That little long weekend in Las Vegas at the end of the season is looking better and better, just for no snow and some warmth!!!

At work yesterday, when we were clearing departed rooms of booze, we discovered one of the guests left a really nice Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon - $80-$100 depending on where you look.   That bottle is going to be fought over when we divide up the alcohol we've recovered.  They can keep all the other wines, the beer, and the White Claw - just give me that bottle!!!!

OOTD:  jeans, black T, and an "antique" (from 2007) Lucky Brand cardigan.  Not sure which shoes yet,  

• Like 1

Hi girls, did ya'll see the snow in Southern California? I hope Sharon and family are all ok! Certainly not a normal occurrence for that part of the country.......It looked like a pretty big blizzard.

Janet, thanks for the update on Ina's show.  I did see where the new season starts a week from tomorrow. Not sure who will be her guest for that one.

We are in the 80s here today........I am in a short sleeve lavender cotton v neck t and a pair of jean shorts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

It's good cardio, but not good for the shoulder...

Yesterday and today is our break from the storms.  Another one comes in tomorrow with maybe 8" more of snow.  Poor people in So. CA right now - they are getting pummeled with snow that they haven't seen in decades.   That little long weekend in Las Vegas at the end of the season is looking better and better, just for no snow and some warmth!!!

At work yesterday, when we were clearing departed rooms of booze, we discovered one of the guests left a really nice Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon - $80-$100 depending on where you look.   That bottle is going to be fought over when we divide up the alcohol we've recovered.  They can keep all the other wines, the beer, and the White Claw - just give me that bottle!!!!

OOTD:  jeans, black T, and an "antique" (from 2007) Lucky Brand cardigan.  Not sure which shoes yet,  

I love Caymus, fight for it you’ve earned it!!!

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, did ya'll see the snow in Southern California? I hope Sharon and family are all ok! Certainly not a normal occurrence for that part of the country.......It looked like a pretty big blizzard.

Janet, thanks for the update on Ina's show.  I did see where the new season starts a week from tomorrow. Not sure who will be her guest for that one.

We are in the 80s here today........I am in a short sleeve lavender cotton v neck t and a pair of jean shorts. 

My granddaughter lives in Claremont CA she had Instagram pictures of her snowman & snow angels 

YESSSS!  I won the "rock, paper, scissors" for the bottle of Caymus!  The boss got the Eyrie Pinot Noir that someone left today.  So, we ended up pretty good.  The "kids" here got the beer & White Claw and our maintenance guy  got some craft beers and the Woodford whiskey. I got the "ice jacket" for a bottle of Veuve Rose that the fancy women left, too.  It's worth $60 on it's own.  Now, I have a little sleeve to put my bottle of sparkling whatever in when I travel 😹.  Didn't leave any Veuve, though.   But, the ladies did empty out a bottle of Don Julio 1942 (the $200 bottle).  I would have risked a migraine if they had left any of that!!!

The snow in So CA is crazy.  My friends put up photos of our local Saddleback Mt. down in Orange County with snow down very low.   Our next batch of snow starts tomorrow evening.  Ugh...  

• Like 1

I forgot to add:

If you have Apple +,  Eugene Levy (the dad in Schitt's Creek and American Pie) has a show on there that started yesterday, "The Reluctant Traveler".  Apparently, he really doesn't like to travel, but was persuaded to do this.  It is kind of based on hotels, which he is OK in, but doesn't like the outdoors.  Goes to Sweden, South Africa, UTAH!!! (Amangiri resort in the middle of nowhere), Maldives, Costa Rica, Tokyo.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I forgot to add:

If you have Apple +,  Eugene Levy (the dad in Schitt's Creek and American Pie) has a show on there that started yesterday, "The Reluctant Traveler".  Apparently, he really doesn't like to travel, but was persuaded to do this.  It is kind of based on hotels, which he is OK in, but doesn't like the outdoors.  Goes to Sweden, South Africa, UTAH!!! (Amangiri resort in the middle of nowhere), Maldives, Costa Rica, Tokyo.  

Someone on the Italy forum posted earlier today that he has an episode in Venice also. Unfortunately I don't have Apple+...

BTW, I ordered the Olukai mesh sneakers to try out...

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Someone on the Italy forum posted earlier today that he has an episode in Venice also. Unfortunately I don't have Apple+...

BTW, I ordered the Olukai mesh sneakers to try out...

I sure hope you like the OluKai sneaks.  I have 3 pair of OluKai and love them.  

I watched the first 2 episodes last night after work.  I'll call it "light entertainment."  He stays in nice places but then has to do some things way outside his comfort zone (which is very small).  I saw the ones for Lapland, Finland and Costa Rica.  I think the next one up was Venice, but it was time for bed.  Levy has a very dry, self-depreciating humor and it is all over the episodes.  

The next snow is supposed to arrive this evening.  It could be interesting - something coming up from Southern California may mix with one coming over from Reno.  Not what we want.  

Oh - a picture of my "Ice jacket" for Veuve.  Since no one has left a bottle and I won't buy one, I have put in a $15 bottle of Proseco instead.  And, since he's so darn cute, here's this morning's photo of Squirrel.

iymbfPbcTuiUmzTOSBgJNg.jpg

FU84MgWPSf2BwFQ%YF++Iw.jpg

• Like 3

Happy Sunday girls, Cynthia, have a question for you about Athens and I searched the Greece forum too but figured you would know this🙂......I was trying to find a private tour guide for the day I arrive for a 1/2 day tour.  Then I thought about just taking a Hop On/Hop Off bus instead.   I am staying at the Grand Bretagne Hotel.  Do you know the area where the hotel is located and would the bus be nearby?

My flight arrives at 10:30 and by the time I get my bags and get to the hotel? I am guessing around noon. (The cruise line is providing transportation). 

Anyway, just wanted your thoughts about an afternoon there. Yes, I have been to Athens before. Just sort of up in the air about things for arrival day.

Thanks🙂

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Happy Sunday girls, Cynthia, have a question for you about Athens and I searched the Greece forum too but figured you would know this🙂......I was trying to find a private tour guide for the day I arrive for a 1/2 day tour.  Then I thought about just taking a Hop On/Hop Off bus instead.   I am staying at the Grand Bretagne Hotel.  Do you know the area where the hotel is located and would the bus be nearby?

My flight arrives at 10:30 and by the time I get my bags and get to the hotel? I am guessing around noon. (The cruise line is providing transportation). 

Anyway, just wanted your thoughts about an afternoon there. Yes, I have been to Athens before. Just sort of up in the air about things for arrival day.

Thanks🙂

Hi Lois -- it should be easy to find a Hop On/Off option near the hotel. The Grande Bretagne sits on Syntagma Square which is a hub for buses and also has a metro stop. If you want to, you could take the metro one or two stops to the "Acropoli" stop, which is right at the base of the Acropolis, next to the new Acropolis museum and close to the Plaka.

6 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois -- it should be easy to find a Hop On/Off option near the hotel. The Grande Bretagne sits on Syntagma Square which is a hub for buses and also has a metro stop. If you want to, you could take the metro one or two stops to the "Acropoli" stop, which is right at the base of the Acropolis, next to the new Acropolis museum and close to the Plaka.

Thanks so much🙂.. I was actually looking at a Culinary Tour but it is quite $$$$....figured I could ride the bus and just kill an afternoon that way for much less $.  Then I wondered if the hotel could recommend a tour guide.  I have been googling private tour guides.  I was trying to find one that would pick me up at the hotel and drop me back but most do not do that.  I just want it to be "easy peasy".....I keep going back to the bus.

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much🙂.. I was actually looking at a Culinary Tour but it is quite $$$$....figured I could ride the bus and just kill an afternoon that way for much less $.  Then I wondered if the hotel could recommend a tour guide.  I have been googling private tour guides.  I was trying to find one that would pick me up at the hotel and drop me back but most do not do that.  I just want it to be "easy peasy".....I keep going back to the bus.

Another option, if there is something you particularly want to see that does not require a guide, is to just ask the hotel to arrange a taxi. Athens taxi drivers can be a little unscrupulous but I've found thru trial and error that asking the hotel to call one usually has a good result as the hotels tend to have a "go to" taxi company and those drivers are less likely to try to overcharge hotel guests.

Lois, here is a quick map. The Grande Bretagne is at the top of the map, on one side of Syntagma Square. The HOHO bus stop is just about a quarter of the way around the park, so very easy (shown on map).  

image.thumb.png.ec9de1e987852243153906c4c2165122.png

if you look a bit further down from the HOHO stop and to the left, you'll see the name of a restaurant 'Tzizikas kai Mermigas" which is very good. (The name in English is "The Ant and the Grasshopper".  It's not a fancy place but it's not just touristy food either. They use local ingredients and heirloom products (e.g., cheeses).  I usually eat there on every visit!

• Like 2