for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

FYI.  Today is the last sale day on Woolx.  21% off.  SUMMER21 is the code.  Try a shirt.  Splurge for a dress.  Get leggings for winter.  Just sayin’.

Toblerone - it is sad to see what is happening to San Francisco.  It was such a wonderful walkable city.  When I worked remotely for a Bay Area IT company, I would always rack on a day in The City when I did my monthly visit to the “Mothership”.  

San Francisco was our date night city when we lived in the San Jose area. I won’t go anywhere near to San Francisco now, it’s too disgusting 

If anyone is looking for fleece or down, Cotopaxi has a nice sale going on.  

Made myself a Hugo spritz last night.  Meh.  Not much taste to it, even with the mint.  If someone doesn’t like others, it might be a good starting point.   My next one will be made with local tart cherry liquor.  It sounds interesting.

Doing some kitchen work.  Pack up some of my old dishes so I can put out my new ones.   After having the same service for 8 since 1988, I decided to change up.  Don’t need stuff for 8, anyway.  If I get a group, they’ll be served on paper plates!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We had an uneventful trip to my parents. Driving sucked (as it usually does) but we made it without incident. Got Mom's big projects done in three days with DH and DB. BBs kids came and three (and a shanghaied friend) raked and weeded flowerbeds. The oldest niece helped with the biggest project--rebuilding the front porch and adding a rail. DH was the chief architect and builder, niece was first assist, and I was the peon. After DB and DS left, DH and I finished several other projects. We have one happy set of parents, and gave Dad back some mobility.

I'm still having fun with the telemarketers.  Today's didn't believe me when I said I was 60 and not eligible for Medicare. He had the audacity to tell me that I didn't know my own birthday. 🙄

• Like 3

15 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

We had an uneventful trip to my parents. Driving sucked (as it usually does) but we made it without incident. Got Mom's big projects done in three days with DH and DB. BBs kids came and three (and a shanghaied friend) raked and weeded flowerbeds. The oldest niece helped with the biggest project--rebuilding the front porch and adding a rail. DH was the chief architect and builder, niece was first assist, and I was the peon. After DB and DS left, DH and I finished several other projects. We have one happy set of parents, and gave Dad back some mobility.

I'm still having fun with the telemarketers.  Today's didn't believe me when I said I was 60 and not eligible for Medicare. He had the audacity to tell me that I didn't know my own birthday. 🙄

Glad you got the parents projects done. We can’t believe how much we’re enjoying (& using) our new deck (in fact I’m shutting on the deck right now!!). 

Seriously I’d really stop answering those spam calls. They just spread your number as one that’ll answer & you’ll get more & more calls

• Like 1

Hi girls, I seem to get those calls in binges.......they seem to ring in droves and then I don't get them.

But if I don't know the number? I don't pick it up.  But it does get annoying that is for sure.

I had a Mammogram and Bone Density test yesterday. I didn't remember the bone density thing is actually x rays.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, awhfy said:

Seriously I’d really stop answering those spam calls. They just spread your number as one that’ll answer & you’ll get more & more calls

Today's calls were all about a death benefit. When the fourth guy called, I told him he was the 4th. He told me no one passed that on and proceeded to cuss me out. 😲 It's actually quite amusing and allows me to work out frustration on strangers, not coworkers or friends. I'll do it as long as it's fun. The calls come whether we answer or don't.

The tart cherry spritz was good!  More intense flavor than the Aperol.  It’s going in my spritz arsenal for the summer.

I go back to the dentist tomorrow to get the inlay installed.  Just when I stopped biting my  cheek ☹️  and eating more than soup and pasta,  I’ll be doing that again.  Ugh.

Outfit of tomorrow:  cloudy and upper 60s so probably some jeans, T-shirt and my high tops.  Not very polished or sexy, but, hey, it’s the dentist (and he’s married) 😉

• Like 1

We are supposed to be in the 95 and UP range for the next 10 days........and of course the humidity around here makes it feel like it is about 105😮.........around the house I am in shorts and a t shirt.

When I volunteer I have to wear slacks and closed toe shoes. And I even bring a warm up jacket with me. Not sure how it is in other places, but inside the hospital it is FREEZING.

• Like 1

Had a function to go to yesterday. Broke out the Chicos. This poncho is now on final sale & I love the denim leggings with the eyelet. My Allegria sandals are so comfy, I can walk miles in them easily. Couple of roses pictures. They liked the 12+” of rain & now the heat. Melody

IMG_5666.jpeg

IMG_5664.jpeg

IMG_5661.jpeg

IMG_5658.jpeg

IMG_5655.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

We are supposed to be in the 95 and UP range for the next 10 days........and of course the humidity around here makes it feel like it is about 105😮.........around the house I am in shorts and a t shirt.

When I volunteer I have to wear slacks and closed toe shoes. And I even bring a warm up jacket with me. Not sure how it is in other places, but inside the hospital it is FREEZING.

That's Florida -- blazing hot outside (the roads start melting) and freezing A/C inside!

I feel like I am in the summer doldrums -- just feel like lazing around in the heat. Too hot to go out much and get supplies to do any projects, lol. I just want to read, listen to music and hang out by the pool!

I have to get over feeling guilty about that, lol... 😆

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Had a function to go to yesterday. Broke out the Chicos. This poncho is now on final sale & I love the denim leggings with the eyelet. My Allegria sandals are so comfy, I can walk miles in them easily. Couple of roses pictures. They liked the 12+” of rain & now the heat.

Love your outfit and your roses. I think I mentioned before that I tried for several years to have a rose garden here but the summer humidity and bugs were too much to fight...

They should make you a Chico's influencer, your outfits always look great! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

What did you make the cherry tart spritz with? Sounds good!

It’s a tart cherry liquor made here in Utah.  Wasatch Blossom by New World Distillery.  Local tart cherries.  

Melody - nice looking outfit.  Would be good for a cruise, too.

Dentist was quick and painless.  No numbing shot.  He said he would if I wanted but it was a short procedure.  He dug/drilled out the temp, cleaned it out, dried it and placed the inlay.  It is a perfect fit!  In and out in 20 minutes.  No pain at all but for a very mild fleeting hit when he dried it.   I still have to do soup and smoothies for a week to let the inlay and tooth settle in.  At least I don’t have to deal with “Novocain mouth” this time!

hit up tj’s for some soup and other goodies.  They had the Horchata ice cream in stock again so I bought some to get me through the week 😉. Some pantry staples and that was it.  

OOTD:  free people embroidered jeans ( one of the owner hand me downs),  blue Henley T-shirt, and my pink hitops.  I cleaned them so they are good for the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Love your outfit and your roses. I think I mentioned before that I tried for several years to have a rose garden here but the summer humidity and bugs were too much to fight...

They should make you a Chico's influencer, your outfits always look great! 

Lol, thanks. I wear about 95% Chicos, lasts forever

Hi girls, well, my bone density results came back and the Dr wants me to start to taking a calcium supplement with vitamin D.  Now, I know calcium pills are GIANT in size and VERY hard for me to swallow........he said I could take them in gummy form. I already take multiple meds every day and now I have to take another one........getting old is a PITA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, my bone density results came back and the Dr wants me to start to taking a calcium supplement with vitamin D.  Now, I know calcium pills are GIANT in size and VERY hard for me to swallow........he said I could take them in gummy form. I already take multiple meds every day and now I have to take another one........getting old is a PITA.

Calcium gummies!  Then I’d need dental work

• Haha 1

Cable went out for a few hours late afternoon.  No TV, no internet.  Decided to start listening to another book.  Did “Taste” my Stanley Tucci.  Really enjoying it.  It’s a memoir and some recipes to boot.   So calming that I fell asleep about 2 hours in!  I‘ll have to rewind a little!  I miss that show.  

saw a blurb today about Amal Clooney rocking a pair of white sneakers.  I don’t feel like quite the unsexy person now 😉😸

OOTD:  my slightly too big jean shorts, my Smokey Bear T-shirt and my trail runners.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Calcium gummies!  Then I’d need dental work

Hi Melody, actually, I went to the store this afternoon and spoke to the pharmacist. Found a brand of gummies and took one. The chew on it was pretty easy...no dental work should be needed.😃

• Like 2

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Decided to start listening to another book.  Did “Taste” my Stanley Tucci.  Really enjoying it.  It’s a memoir and some recipes to boot.   So calming that I fell asleep about 2 hours in!  I‘ll have to rewind a little!  I miss that show.  

Now that sounds like a good one. Is is narrated by Stanley? I like his voice.  I miss that show too!

I just booked a week in Rome in November.... 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Now that sounds like a good one. Is is narrated by Stanley? I like his voice.  I miss that show too!

I just booked a week in Rome in November.... 🤷‍♀️

Yes, he narrates.  

and, now you make me jealous.  Rome again.  

In case you need/want any last minute thing for vacations, REI is having a sale.  Never know what you’ll find!  

Warm (upper 70s) and sunny.  Think I’ll do a little trail walk behind the house.  Town is crazy busy with 4th of July tourists already.  Market shelves stripped bare.  

OOTD:  Free People outdoor shorts, Cotopaxi SPF shirt (I’m still ghost white), and my newest pair of Merrill boots (bought with my 50% off birthday coupon from Sweatty Betty) just to get some wear.  Because it’s sunny, l’ll add a hat.

• Like 1

Cynthia, congrats on that new booking........I am guessing this is a land trip for a week to Rome? Just wondering if you have booked your flights........and are they $$$$$ for that time of year?  Then again, prices to Europe are always way high these days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Cynthia, congrats on that new booking........I am guessing this is a land trip for a week to Rome? Just wondering if you have booked your flights........and are they $$$$$ for that time of year?  Then again, prices to Europe are always way high these days.

Yes, it's a land trip. I really like to go to Rome at that time of year. There are far fewer tourists in this window that is after main tourist season and before the holiday season. Weather can be hit or miss though....

Flights are still very unreasonable, but a bit better than high season. I ended up booking Delta Comfort+.  I would've preferred Premium Economy but literally NOTHING was available on a nonstop flight on any of the possible dates I checked for my trip. I hope the availability goes up and prices start going down soon!

• Like 1