for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Oh well, at least you can keep the zoo on the radar and do it when the reno is done.   I saw all y'all are scorching hot again.  We've got low 80s and afternoon T-storms.  Closest we get to humidity up here.

I'm having issues with one of the side effects of Rybelsus - loss of appetite.  Now I know how all those Hollywood women lose the weight with Ozempic - no desire to eat.  I didn't have a problem eating until about 2 weeks ago.  All of a sudden, nothing looks/tastes good.  I had to blow off my low-carb meals to eat anything that appealed.  A dinner of plain rice (I usually do this when I'm sick), some TJ's Pita crackers for lunch/snack.  Even my trusty Noosa is not going in my mouth.  At least this morning I got a little hankering for pancakes.  So, I whipped up some Bisquick pancakes with blueberries.  Those will get me through the day.  Maybe a hamburger minus the bun for dinner.  Hopefully this goes away soon!!

• Like 1

Good morning friends🙂 haven't posted in a few days.........

I hope Cynthia is having a wonderful cruise and Melissa and her family too.

I am now down to single digits for mine🙂.  I fly to London 1 week from today! Staying there for one night and I sail on Sunday, 8/27. My flight is on Delta in Business Class so I should be able to sleep overnight. And nope, I haven't ordered my dinner on line LOL.  I did see that Delta has a brand new lounge in JFK so will be checking that out. I did start to take out clothing and put it out on the bed in the spare room. I keep looking at it.......LOL.....Remember I am going to be in Ireland and Scotland and from what I know about those regions, it stays on the cooler side (even in the summer). I know layering is a good way to pack. Trying to make sure I have enough tops. Will look over everything as this week goes by.

Hope all of you are doing well🙂

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends🙂 haven't posted in a few days.........

I hope Cynthia is having a wonderful cruise and Melissa and her family too.

I am now down to single digits for mine🙂.  I fly to London 1 week from today! Staying there for one night and I sail on Sunday, 8/27. My flight is on Delta in Business Class so I should be able to sleep overnight. And nope, I haven't ordered my dinner on line LOL.  I did see that Delta has a brand new lounge in JFK so will be checking that out. I did start to take out clothing and put it out on the bed in the spare room. I keep looking at it.......LOL.....Remember I am going to be in Ireland and Scotland and from what I know about those regions, it stays on the cooler side (even in the summer). I know layering is a good way to pack. Trying to make sure I have enough tops. Will look over everything as this week goes by.

Hope all of you are doing well🙂

Why haven't you pre-selected your dinner?  The pre-flight offerings are a bigger selection than waiting for the flight.  It's part of the Delta One perks 😸  I'll be interested to know how the new Sky Club compares to the other one in T4.  I really liked that one - I could curl up in one of the chairs they had in  quiet spot and nap!   I can sleep quite nicely in that Delta One seat on the plane, too.  But, I have a few more hours on the plane from SLC than from JFK.  Still, it is sooooo relaxing in that seat.

I was able to eat my Noosa today.  Hopefully the appetite is slowly coming back.  

I'm proud of my FB group of people who grew up in Newport Beach, CA before it became known as "The OC" (50s, 60s, 70s).  In 3 days we've raised $8000 to donate to Maui Relief.  We're breaking it up into chunks.  First $1500 went to World Central Kitchen by unanimous decision.  Today, on our "Pet Friday", we donated $1000 to the Maui Humane Society.  We'll decide on more as we go along next week.  

OOTD:  old running shorts and the Tshirt I splattered blueberry juice all over yesterday (one exploded on me when I cut into the pancake). Not going anywhere, just going to listen to the thunder, lightning and rain again when it shows up this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I have just looked through Delta's website (after entering my booking number) and there is no place for me to pick anything for dinner.  There is lots of information about the different types of foods offered in all cabin categories but there is not a specific place for me to choose anything. I am either looking at the wrong places or they don't offer it on line.......but I will pick something once on board the plane🙂I should say, they have a lot of "on board dining" information (even in Delta One) but no place to click on to choose anything.

Kat, I went back and looked again (for at least 20 minutes) and can't find anywhere to pre-order anything.  It is really ok and I will find something on the "on board menu"🙂

Hello,

Came back from my Bermuda cruise  today.  This was my second NCL cruise, the first one about 15 yrs ago. After the first one, I said I would not sail NCL but I took this cruise for the convenience of not having to fly and also I haven't been to Bermuda in about 15 yrs. Last time sailing on NCL.

Not my cup of tea.

Went to one specialty restaurant. I didn't find the food great but I think a lot of other lines are cutting back on food. There was a Legends show and I like this type of show. I enjoyed being in Bermuda going around the island.

The Pearl is an older ship, although it was refurbished. Maybe the newer NCL ships are better. I'm sticking with Celebrity and RC.

• Like 1

I had my sinus lift & 4 bone grafts done this morning. Only liquids for 3 days then progress to soft scrambled eggs on Monday. Pretty uncomfortable but I’ll recover. I’m having to sleep in a recliner for a week to keep my head elevated. Worst part are the meds tho, the steroid & antibiotic. I’ll be lurking. 

Good morning🙂......guess what? Come on, guess LOL.......Kat, I received an email this morning from Delta saying I can now choose my meal and .there were several options to choose from and I picked the braised short ribs.

I had never received an email like this before so maybe they changed how they are doing things? Anyway, it also said if I want to change my selection I may do so up to 24 hours prior to the flight.

Melody, hope you were able to sleep last night.

• Like 2

Hi all, thanks for the notes & comments. 

worst part of this is I can’t lift anything heavier than a coffee cup (& that without coffee in it!). I slept fairly well in the recliner last night, I was surprised. Lots of stitches inside the mouth & only on clear liquids till Monday. Pain level is tolerable, swelling is not horrendous. I’ll be back to normal in a couple of days. Melody 

Yay Lois!  Never has the short ribs but I've heard they are good.  I usually go for the fish...

Melody - ugh.  You've had more than your share of surgeries this year.  Sleeping in a lounger is tough, but it's better than trying to prop up properly in bed or on a couch (voice of experience).  Can you do smoothies?  Maybe some protein-laden ones.   Sorry.

A TJ's note:  I made the savory Sfogliatelle last night.  Usually they are sweet, filled with custards and such.  But TJ's little 3-biters are filled with what I would call ratatouille - a little bit of eggplant and tomato.  Suprisingly tasty.  Good hot and cold (took a long time for me to eat last night).  In the freezer section. 

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi from Gythion , Corfu tomorrow.

Sorry to read of your surgery Melody.

We are having a good cruise .

Been living in very cool dresses .

I pre ordered my meal from Milan to Singapore on Singapore Airlines , ravioli 🙂 

Their business class was great on our way here , very lucky

• Like 2

Good morning, Melissa, I have heard Singapore Airlines is suppose to be fantastic. 

My menu had a pasta choice as well. 

I keep looking at the weather for London for the next 10 days. Rain, rain, rain LOL......I will pack a rain jacket. It actually shows next weekend is supposed to be in the 60s........definitely long sleeves for me. 

I have my BZees for walking (I got them last summer for my Alaska trip) and they are so comfy, good arch support and lightweight at the same time. 

Melody, hope you are doing ok today.🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat I’m living on Premier Protein drinks (I buy them at Costco). They have 30 grams of protein each

I'm glad you like them.  I'm not a fan.  They just don't agree with me.

Do you remember the "Bass-o-matic" from early Saturday Night Live?  😸  Every time someone I know has to do soft/liquid diet this pops into my brain!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'm glad you like them.  I'm not a fan.  They just don't agree with me.

Do you remember the "Bass-o-matic" from early Saturday Night Live?  😸  Every time someone I know has to do soft/liquid diet this pops into my brain!!

I like them icy cold, of course I love them blended with fruit, but can’t have that much yet

Im feeling better & swelling is going down. I just despise taking prednisone (makes me snarky)

I was thinking about Sharon and she has not posted on here in a very long time. I hope she is ok and especially now. She lives in LA and the flooding looks really bad and you know those folks are not used to this........Maybe she will check in and let us know how she and her family are doing.

• Like 1

Hi from Greenland. All is great with me just haven’t had much connectivity to post. The weather has been super until today when we had to miss a port due to 55 knot winds. But we ducked into an adjoining fjord for scenic cruising and the sea was like glass — strange but wonderful.

Really enjoying Oceania food, service and beautifully maintained ship. It’s like cruising 30 years ago. My favorite guilty pleasures so far are the super flaky and buttery croissants for breakfast and the Humphrey Slocombe ice cream (free)!

A few photos of fjords, cute buildings and sheepish Icelanders.

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0232.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi girls, wow, nobody has posted all week. 

Melody, hope you are doing better😀

Cynthia, great pictures!

Melissa, hope you are having fun too.

Hi Kat

Well, I started to pack yesterday and will finish up today. My flight leaves at noon tomorrow. I go to JFK and that flight to London doesn't leave till late (it flies overnight). I arrive at Heathrow at 10am on Saturday.

Just putting this out there again.........Sharon, hope you and your family are doing well. Please come back and say hello (if you can).

• Like 2