for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good morning! Currently on Mariner of the Seas, my husband decided after weeks of visitors we needed a vacation! We have had a very nice, relaxing cruise.

Lois, hope you have a wonderful and safe trip! I am sure you will enjoy it!

Melody, I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!  It sounds like you are doing well.

Melissa, glad to read you are enjoying your trip! And surviving the heat!

Cynthia, lovely pictures!  We have a cruise planned for next August that includes two ports in Greenland and I am really excited to visit there!

Kat, I hope your appetite is improving.  This is a common side effect from these meds and can become serious over time, I know you will stay on top of it.  And that is great regarding the donation to Maui!

We disembark tomorrow but will be home by 9am. Laundry and grocery shopping for me tomorrow.  

OOTD:  swimsuit with coverup and pink croc flip flops😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Lois - have a great trip!  

Cynthia - I love those pics from Greenland.  Cute buildings and even cuter sheep.

Hi Sherri!  Was this a "quickie" cruise?  Hope you're just relaxing in a comfy lounge chair!   

I'm getting a bit of an appetite back.  If something comes into my brain as "I'd like to eat that", I go and get it.  Feels better than staring into the fridge with my good food and not wanting to eat.  It's not affecting my morning glucose testing so it's OK.   Bisquick pancakes with lots of blueberries did a good job.  I've avoided pancakes for awhile, but since I have a box of Bisquick I figured I'd go for it once.  And I found a new high-protein Special K cereal that I can alternate with my yogurt.   And, I ordered some goodies from "Pig of the Month" - I love their ribs and bacon.  It just showed up this morning. 

We've had t-storms off and on for the past few days.  Thankfully it's cooled down into the mid-70s.  But, it's going back up into the 80s next week. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - have a great trip!  

Cynthia - I love those pics from Greenland.  Cute buildings and even cuter sheep.

Hi Sherri!  Was this a "quickie" cruise?  Hope you're just relaxing in a comfy lounge chair!   

I'm getting a bit of an appetite back.  If something comes into my brain as "I'd like to eat that", I go and get it.  Feels better than staring into the fridge with my good food and not wanting to eat.  It's not affecting my morning glucose testing so it's OK.   Bisquick pancakes with lots of blueberries did a good job.  I've avoided pancakes for awhile, but since I have a box of Bisquick I figured I'd go for it once.  And I found a new high-protein Special K cereal that I can alternate with my yogurt.   And, I ordered some goodies from "Pig of the Month" - I love their ribs and bacon.  It just showed up this morning. 

We've had t-storms off and on for the past few days.  Thankfully it's cooled down into the mid-70s.  But, it's going back up into the 80s next week. 

We’re going to get your rain tomorrow thru weekend, likely heavy. 

• Like 1

Still enjoying my cruise. We’re done with the Vikings now after a visit to L’Anse aux Meadows yesterday (see photos). This afternoon we are in St John, a BIG city compared to previous ports. I’m about to go walk around and check it out. Weather has been either very nice or very windy with high seas.

IMG_0313.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0303.jpeg

• Like 3

Had 50 of the over 80 stitches removed from my mouth this morning. I should start feeling like myself soon. Doc is very pleased with how well the bone grafts are stabilizing with the sinus lift, much better than he hoped it would!  Yay!!!

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Had 50 of the over 80 stitches removed from my mouth this morning. I should start feeling like myself soon. Doc is very pleased with how well the bone grafts are stabilizing with the sinus lift, much better than he hoped it would!  Yay!!!

wow.  I didn't realize you had that many!  Keep doing what you're doing.  

Interesting morning.  I pulled out my "way too tight" pants to see what's happened the past 2 months.  They are now too loose!  I could take them off without unzipping them.   I have to start putting some the missing weight back - I can't afford to have to buy new pants.  I'll be wearing belts for now!   Or, just wear my overalls all the time 😉

• Like 3

Today is our last port: Bar Harbor. It’s a beautiful Maine late summer day here.

IMG_0327.thumb.jpeg.6b996d2f6e6e8c86af85aa21b08b72be.jpeg

My main (Maine?) mission was to walk around, enjoy the town and get a lobster roll. Mission accomplished, along with a nice local lager.

IMG_0330.thumb.jpeg.0a77bdacacdc10e34570b221d45ae7a8.jpeg

Please note that I sat in the Ba!

IMG_0332.thumb.jpeg.d172da9f99d2efb65c006d950a5b4474.jpeg

Tomorrow we have one last sea day, then I fly home from NYC on Wednesday. It’s been a fun journey — and super nice to get away from Atlanta heat — but it will be good to get home.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Today is our last port: Bar Harbor. It’s a beautiful Maine late summer day here.

IMG_0327.thumb.jpeg.6b996d2f6e6e8c86af85aa21b08b72be.jpeg

My main (Maine?) mission was to walk around, enjoy the town and get a lobster roll. Mission accomplished, along with a nice local lager.

IMG_0330.thumb.jpeg.0a77bdacacdc10e34570b221d45ae7a8.jpeg

Please note that I sat in the Ba!

IMG_0332.thumb.jpeg.d172da9f99d2efb65c006d950a5b4474.jpeg

Tomorrow we have one last sea day, then I fly home from NYC on Wednesday. It’s been a fun journey — and super nice to get away from Atlanta heat — but it will be good to get home.

Hope you don’t get delays from the upcoming hurricane. I’ve never, ever seen a lobster roll with corn on it!

Hi from somewhere in the Atlantic🙂 we are in between Plymouth,UK and will be in Cork, Ireland tomorrow. It has been really good so far and actually a bit funny (in a good way) being in the minority. I think there are only about 50 on board from the states. I love meeting people from different parts of the world so it is all good. Most are from the UK, another group from Denmark and a mixture of other countries. 

Hope all of you are doing well and just wanted to check in🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Hope you don’t get delays from the upcoming hurricane. I’ve never, ever seen a lobster roll with corn on it!

Looks like I should be fine; fingers crossed. The cruise following mine is supposed to be headed to Bermuda - nope!

Geddy’s had the fresh roasted sweet corn as a topper for their roll. It sounded good and it was. They also offered a version with bacon and jalapeño, but that was a bridge too far for me… 🤣

Speaking of bridges, we are sailing through the Cape Cod canal today enroute to NYC. Only small ships can transit it due to size of canal + three bridges. Apparently a Viking ocean ship funnel hit one of these bridges in past transit — 😱😱

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi from somewhere in the Atlantic🙂 we are in between Plymouth,UK and will be in Cork, Ireland tomorrow. It has been really good so far and actually a bit funny (in a good way) being in the minority. I think there are only about 50 on board from the states. I love meeting people from different parts of the world so it is all good. Most are from the UK, another group from Denmark and a mixture of other countries. 

Hope all of you are doing well and just wanted to check in🙂

Hi Lois, I hope you’re having good weather and good times. I was talking to someone onboard this cruise from northern UK who said this summer’s weather hadn’t been as good as usual.

I think the corn on the lobster roll adds a Mexican flavor.  I have never seen it made this way.

Lois, Glad you are enjoying your cruise.  I don't know the tv stations you receive on the cruise, but Hurricane Idalia is due to cross Jacksonville as a category 1 storm. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I thought Bar Harbor was off the list for cruse ships.  My mistake,

Your first part of the cruise seemed so long to me and the last part seemed to blow by.  I hope you had a good time in the North.  

Starting next year only smaller ships can call there. But I think Insignia would still be okay with less than 700 passengers at capacity.

We’re exceptionally glad that we had our big family reunion last month. Les’s oldest brother had a stroke yesterday & is in hospital not doing well. Always listen to that little voice that says, you need to do this. Melody

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

We’re exceptionally glad that we had our big family reunion last month. Les’s oldest brother had a stroke yesterday & is in hospital not doing well. Always listen to that little voice that says, you need to do this. Melody

Very sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family. You are so right about not putting off these get-togethers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Very sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family. You are so right about not putting off these get-togethers.

Thanks, he’s hanging in, don’t know extent yet. his wife is in end stage COPD too. They are 85 & 84 & have been in pretty good health until the last 2years

Very sorry to read of your families ill health Melody ,Im so pleased you all caught up recently .Your so right about listening to those little voices, wishing him a full recovery .

To all those cruising enjoy!

We are now home after 5 weeks of travelling in the European heat,Spring time in NZ from tomorrow September 1st 🙂

I resigned from my part time job today ,it was no longer enjoyable with too many changes .

After 5 years its time for a new position.

• Like 2

Such a rough time for your family Melody, my thoughts are with you.  You are right about doing things when we have the chance.  So glad you and Les had time to spend with his brother!

Welcome home, Melissa!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Such a rough time for your family Melody, my thoughts are with you.  You are right about doing things when we have the chance.  So glad you and Les had time to spend with his brother!

Welcome home, Melissa!

Sherri🙂

We’re hoping he’ll recover, but it’s pretty iffy right now. 

Melody - I am so sorry to hear about DH's brother.  It a good thing that you did go to the wedding/reunion,  Things do that sometimes.  

OK.  My friend who is going the Portugese Camino posted today about the "hotel" she stayed at last night.  It ended up being a "notel motel".  She posted the room rates and I about died when I did the translate: one room with a tantric chair (look that one up!), one room with a swing, one with a waterbed.

She had the basic room - a bed.  She said the whole thing was a little freaky but it was just for one night.  At least she paid for an entire night - there was a shortened rate 😉

Melissa - welcome home!  You had an epic vacation.   Good luck finding another job.  I went through that before.  Take your time and something will "call" to you!

I think we've got smoke in the air from somewhere - it's pretty hazy even though the sun is out.  

• Like 1