for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Not my week.  First, my speaker system to my TV apparently blew when I had a power glitch earlier in the week.  Tried all the troubleshooting, no luck.  Then, I tried to reset the TV to just use it's puny speaker and it doesn't work, either.  Been using my MacBook as my TV with my mini speaker as sound.   Fortunately I have Xfinity streaming on it.  Ugh.   Now, I got up early this morning to go uptown for breakfast and hit the pharmacy.  Go to open the garage door and it goes 6 inches and stops and errors out.  Troubleshot all I could, still didn't work and I can't pull it up manually.  Call into garage door guys - can come out between 3-5pm.  So, I'm stuck at home...   I have a feeling any thought of going to Las Vegas for a quick getaway in 2 weeks is disappearing when I see how much it costs to get everything working again...

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Not my week.  First, my speaker system to my TV apparently blew when I had a power glitch earlier in the week.  Tried all the troubleshooting, no luck.  Then, I tried to reset the TV to just use it's puny speaker and it doesn't work, either.  Been using my MacBook as my TV with my mini speaker as sound.   Fortunately I have Xfinity streaming on it.  Ugh.   Now, I got up early this morning to go uptown for breakfast and hit the pharmacy.  Go to open the garage door and it goes 6 inches and stops and errors out.  Troubleshot all I could, still didn't work and I can't pull it up manually.  Call into garage door guys - can come out between 3-5pm.  So, I'm stuck at home...   I have a feeling any thought of going to Las Vegas for a quick getaway in 2 weeks is disappearing when I see how much it costs to get everything working again...

Oh how frustrating. Those expenses are the worst; it's not like you're getting anything cool in return, just back to status quo. 

Hope the needed repairs are reasonable. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh how frustrating. Those expenses are the worst; it's not like you're getting anything cool in return, just back to status quo. 

Hope the needed repairs are reasonable. 

Well, Las Vegas is definitely out.

The spring broke.  I had that happen once before at another house and I heard it.  Not this time.  When the guy was taking things apart, he noticed the big rotor wheels at each end of the rod that hold the spring and run the cable were badly messed up.  So, I basically had a rebuild of the door stuff except the motor (which was replaced in the Spring).   2 hours and $1400 later it's all good and warrantied for 10 years.    I think my MacBook my be my living room TV for awhile... 

It's been a bad couple of weeks for mechanical/electronics at my abode.  I think I'm going to have a nice couple of drinks tonight - pop open the bottle of Prosecco and make a few different Spritzes.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I think I'm going to have a nice couple of drinks tonight - pop open the bottle of Prosecco and make a few different Spritzes.

Sounds like my mantra:  "Keep calm and prosecco on."  Or maybe "Keep calm and keep the spritzes coming."

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat!  One pricey garage door!  We had that happen last spring but it was ‘only’ $800. It’s so darn irritating but so essential 

It is what it is, I guess.   If it was just the spring, it would have been much less.  This company has done everything to my door and I trust them.  The guy recommended I go buy some Rustoleum and paint the metal on the bottom of the door where it is rusting so it won't need replacing.  Sounds like a weekend task.

The Aperol Spritz was good, indeed, last night.  Went well with my rotisserie chicken.

Got out this morning to do what I was going to do yesterday morning.  Went to my breakfast place, all ready to get the totally yummy but bad for me hotcake. But, there was tropical muesli on the menu.  I'm a sucker for muesli.  Sooo good.  A nice batch of muesli, a heaping helping of vanilla yogurt, slices of fresh papaya and half a passionfruit to spoon out.   And, I walked right in and sat down - usually it's a good 30 minute wait in the Summer and Winter.  So nice to have an off-season.  Now, if they'd only lower the prices for locals so I could go more than once in awhile...

OOTD:  My Vuori leggings (a 7/8 special navy with tropical flowers edition from 3 years ago), my off-white Cotopaxi SPF hoodie (Not a sweatshirt, but a very lightweight material) and my Cotopaxi hybrid vest (top half insulated, bottom half fleece).  Today's footwear were my Merrell boots because they were lonely and look really good with the leggings.   And a black baseball hat.  

• Like 1

@slidergirl (and other Bocelli fans) -- I just saw that there is a Bocelli concert recording that's going to be playing on PBS stations this weekend. Ours is playing it at several different times. I can't tell from the email whether it is new or a repeat but it's called Andrea Bocelli: Believe. Here, the first time given is Saturday night at 8pm.

Low cost entertainment, love it. 😊

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

@slidergirl (and other Bocelli fans) -- I just saw that there is a Bocelli concert recording that's going to be playing on PBS stations this weekend. Ours is playing it at several different times. I can't tell from the email whether it is new or a repeat but it's called Andrea Bocelli: Believe. Here, the first time given is Saturday night at 8pm.

Low cost entertainment, love it. 😊

I'll have to give it a look.  "Believe" was the name of his last album and the concert I went to in the Spring.  I wonder which venue it filmed.  

Well, I've been off for a couple of weeks. Trying to get used to spending time downstairs (and away from my laptop). DH has his hip replacement this week. It seems like we scheduled it months ago, but all of a sudden it's here. I read several pages of posts and will be back when I can. 

He's a giant wimp, so this may be stressful.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Well, I've been off for a couple of weeks. Trying to get used to spending time downstairs (and away from my laptop). DH has his hip replacement this week. It seems like we scheduled it months ago, but all of a sudden it's here. I read several pages of posts and will be back when I can. 

He's a giant wimp, so this may be stressful.

Hope you both "survive" the recovery experience and get good results. 😉

• Like 1

Hi girls, I should have been home yesterday but my flight was canceled and so I had to stay here in NY for an extra night. Seems 100's of flights were canceled over the past 2 days from all 3 NYC airports.....really a mess. I am staying at The TWA hotel at JFK. I had booked a room for 1 night already. But I certainly was not going to sleep in the confines of JFK last night. Not cheap by any means, but I had to book it.

I thought they had a flight for me this morning but then that one got canceled too. Now they have me leaving tonight at 8. Let us hope it goes!!!!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I should have been home yesterday but my flight was canceled and so I had to stay here in NY for an extra night. Seems 100's of flights were canceled over the past 2 days from all 3 NYC airports.....really a mess. I am staying at The TWA hotel at JFK. I had booked a room for 1 night already. But I certainly was not going to sleep in the confines of JFK last night. Not cheap by any means, but I had to book it.

I thought they had a flight for me this morning but then that one got canceled too. Now they have me leaving tonight at 8. Let us hope it goes!!!!!

Wow -- I heard about heavy rains causing delays but didn't realize it was such a large-scale problem. Good luck getting home!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

That’s why you have trip insurance!  Hope you get home today 

Hi Melody, I have insurance but not sure how that would help. They didn't charge me twice for the flight. The only thing I would want compensated is last night's hotel room. I can see if the insurance company will reimburse me for that one.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WELDON said:

The weather in the NE caused a lot of problems. Hope your flight takes off tonight and you can get home. 

Hi Janet, It is clear out here today.........

• Like 1

Lois - definitely check with insurance if they'll pay for the hotel.  Save that money for the next trip!  My niece back East had nasty thunderstorms yesterday so maybe that had an effect on flights coming and going.  In any case, Welcome Home!

Purple - good luck for the DH and his surgery.  Let him be a wimp for awhile, then whip him back into shape 😉

Looked for Andrea Bocelli all weekend on my PBS channel - nothing.  Oh well.  

Had my 1 month followup with my eye doc today.  The eye feels soooo much better!  The cysts and one blood spot we saw on the photo a month ago are gone.  We chatted and decided to keep on the Valtrex and Prednisone drops for a few more months.  This issues keeps popping up so we're going to go proactive and try to keep it at bay.  I'll go back in January.  

OOTD:  a rerun of Thursday - the blue print Vuori leggings, Cotopaxi SPF hoodie.  But, instead of my boots I wore my trail runners.  No hat as I washed my hair this morning.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, I have insurance but not sure how that would help. They didn't charge me twice for the flight. The only thing I would want compensated is last night's hotel room. I can see if the insurance company will reimburse me for that one.

Your trip was delayed, your insurance should reimburse you 

Trying to get motivated to do my walking this morning. I woke up feeling like a pretzel -- must've slept in a weird position. It's still hot and humid here so the walking will be inside....

I'm leaving for my next trip in about 2.5 weeks, yikes. When I booked them, they didn't seem this close together!

• Like 1

Well, if I can get a veranda we’re doing a New Zealand to Vancouver cruise in March 2025 on Holland. Only 43 days (I’ll need 4 sizes of clothes!!!). Holland offered a $1 deposit today only. Melody 

• Like 2