for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi everyone,

Hopefully Lois has made it home by now and enjoyed the cruise and insurance pays the unexpected delay.

Im glad to hear your eye is feeling better Kat and sorry about the garage door ,so annoying these unexpected expenses.

Where is your next trip Cynthia ?We are off to Fiji for a week at the end of the month with the family.

Melody I hope you get the veranda cabin ,fingers crossed for you and Les

I left my position yesterday a little earlier than expected but happy to have a break in-between jobs

• Like 3

Hi girls, I forgot to post on here yesterday. I actually got home around 1:30am and of course it is impossible to go right to sleep. I guess I finally nodded off about 3 and slept till about 8:30. Last night I went to bed about 9:30 and feel more alive today.

Today is Wed.....seems like the past few days are all confused lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I forgot to post on here yesterday. I actually got home around 1:30am and of course it is impossible to go right to sleep. I guess I finally nodded off about 3 and slept till about 8:30. Last night I went to bed about 9:30 and feel more alive today.

Today is Wed.....seems like the past few days are all confused lol

Welcome back Lois -- did you enjoy your cruise?

Hi Cynthia, oh yes, it was really wonderful. The ports were all in Ireland and Scotland and except for a couple of tour issues (too many people on them) but the others were fabulous. I did a "Live From" while I was on board the ship. Let me know if I should copy and paste it over here.......

I have to say overall I LOVED the places we visited and the people were so friendly too😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, oh yes, it was really wonderful. The ports were all in Ireland and Scotland and except for a couple of tour issues (too many people on them) but the others were fabulous. I did a "Live From" while I was on board the ship. Let me know if I should copy and paste it over here.......

I have to say overall I LOVED the places we visited and the people were so friendly too😃

Sounds wonderful. I'm sure I can find your "Live From" thread, no worries....

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

I’d love to read your ‘live from’

Hi Melody,😃 see the picture above......why that came up first? I Have no clue.......I did not post that particular photo and the review sort of got off track.

But it gives you a good idea about my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody,😃 see the picture above......why that came up first? I Have no clue.......I did not post that particular photo and the review sort of got off track.

But it gives you a good idea about my experience.

Thanks Lois. I enjoyed reading it yesterday. Made we want to go back to Copenhagen -- it's been too long!

On 9/12/2023 at 9:00 PM, MrToblerone said:

Where is your next trip Cynthia ?We are off to Fiji for a week at the end of the month with the family.

I will be on back-to-back Med cruises on Azamara Onward. I've been on Azamara once before (to Cuba) but it's been a while. I originally booked just one cruise -- mainly to visit a few ports new to me. Then they had such a good sale about 8 months later that I was able to save a lot on rebooking the cruise and I used the money to book the following one as well. 🙌

The total run starts in Venice (Fusina, which is not too far away from Venice), so I'm spending a couple of days in Venice first. It ends in Istanbul but also has an overnight in Istanbul in the middle (on the turnaround day) so I'm not staying at the end. I've been to Istanbul four or five times in the past...

Being the history nerd that I am, I'm most excited about the opportunity to get to Sparta, as well as the chance to stop in Pula where there are some beautifully preserved Roman buildings, including one of the best amphitheatres outside of Italy.

• Like 2

Cynthia - I was going to ask what trip this one was going to be.  I could only think about you going to Rome in November.  The cruise sounds wonderful.  Good time of year, too.  

My vacation "hamster wheel" is starting to spin up for next Spring/Summer.  The end of my season will be April 21, so I'm thinking of doing another May trip.  I'm torn right now between going back to Italy and visiting the far North (Piedmont, Aosta) or the far South (Puglia, Calabria) which I've not been to yet.  The other option in my brain is going to Spain.  I always wanted to go back to Barcelona for a few days.  The interior of Sagrada Familia was not finished ( plaster and plastic all over) and I'd love to see that.  My friends had already been to Park Guell so I didn't get a chance to go there.  Spend a beach day on Barcelonetta or take the train to Sitges.  I'd like to visit Madrid, Seville, Toledo.  If nothing else, this keeps me occupied with research.  Add in a cruise somehow, too.

Just started hailing here.  Small pea-size.  Wasn't expecting that.  

OOTD:  my yellow Laguna Surf Co. hoodie sweatshirt and my pink Vuori joggers.  A little on the cool side this morning and not getting much warmer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I will be on back-to-back Med cruises on Azamara Onward. I've been on Azamara once before (to Cuba) but it's been a while. I originally booked just one cruise -- mainly to visit a few ports new to me. Then they had such a good sale about 8 months later that I was able to save a lot on rebooking the cruise and I used the money to book the following one as well. 🙌

The total run starts in Venice (Fusina, which is not too far away from Venice), so I'm spending a couple of days in Venice first. It ends in Istanbul but also has an overnight in Istanbul in the middle (on the turnaround day) so I'm not staying at the end. I've been to Istanbul four or five times in the past...

Being the history nerd that I am, I'm most excited about the opportunity to get to Sparta, as well as the chance to stop in Pula where there are some beautifully preserved Roman buildings, including one of the best amphitheatres outside of Italy.

We were next to an Azamara ship a few times while cruising , love their colour scheme. They look very smart , might have to try them one day.We ended our cruise in Fusina and it was easy to get the train then people mover into Venice, we overnighted there on our Regent cruise.

I like the sound of both the trips you are thinking about Kat, I to would like to explore more if Spain. We have friends in Puglia for two weeks at the moment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

How wonderful!!

• Thanks 1

We were at our granddaughter’s softball game when a huge thunderstorm (with a couple of inches of rain) came roaring thru. We barely made it to our car before the skies opened!  It was a beaut of a storm

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

We’ve had storms and power outages all afternoon and evening. Still have no internet but luckily have power so I’m using my phone. Rain just starting up again. I think I will call it a day.

Do you have phone hotspot?  That has saved me with my in-house modem issues.  When it acts up, I just switch my MacBook to use my phone and off I go.  Saves me from having to read and type on the phone.  

If you are going to hunt for some leggings for the winter, Woolx just stocked some Stellas in 2 new colors, bark melange and moss melange. Look like nice neutral changes from the usual black, navy and charcoal.  

OOTD: another 30 degree temp change day.  58 in the house at 9am, cooler than that outside,  then in the low 70s in the afternoon.  So sweatshirt & joggers in the AM, changing to Tshirt & capri leggings in the PM.  Supposed to be sunny for the next 5 days so I may get some lounging time outside.  

• Like 1

We are post op day #6 and DH has survived so far. He went home about four hours post op. I kept him on a round-the-clock narcotic schedule until we slept in Friday and took a dose late, making it off schedule for the dose before physical therapy. He was miserable Saturday, but turned a corner Sunday. He's only taken one narcotic dose since then (before yesterday's PT).  We were told he'd be on the walker a minimum of two weeks, but the therapist told us to bring his cane Thursday (post op day #8) and he may progress to using it. Since he's dragging his walker around the house and not using it properly, it just might be a better choice. His dressing comes off tomorrow and then he'll have to see the staple line. Overall, he looks good with minimal swelling and bruising.

I'm doing OK. Bored out of my mind since I'm just about as house-bound as he is. I've been sleeping on the couch downstairs in case he needs me at night, but since he's been up at 3am the last two days making coffee, (without his walker, mind you) I am going to move back upstairs and sleep in my own bed tonight. I also get my laptop back!  (I don't use it downstairs since there's not a desk)

And it's so nice that it cooled down enough to open all the windows and breathe fresh air.  It's been in the 50s at night, 70s/80s in the day. Perfect weather.

• Like 3

Hi PH, I didn't read all the postings while I was away and didn't know your hubby was having surgery.

I hope it went ok and that he is recovering well.  And hope you get a better night's sleep too.

Hi to everyone else too.😀 I was thinking about Sharon again and its like she fell off the boards. I hope she is ok and still hoping she will come back and post here again. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 7:30 PM, Lois R said:

Hi PH, I didn't read all the postings while I was away and didn't know your hubby was having surgery.

I hope it went ok and that he is recovering well.  And hope you get a better night's sleep too.

He had an anterior hip replacement due to femoral head collapse. And I slept wonderfully!

On 9/20/2023 at 7:31 AM, awhfy said:

Purple, sounds like he’s doing better than you thought he would. That’s a fast progression. 

He is very non-compliant. He wants to be further ahead in his healing process without following all the steps properly. He is doing better than I thought he would. He tends to be a bit melodramatic--I call him my Drama King-so I didn't really know how he would do. He got through PT today with just tylenol, no narcotics. Plus, he actually learned how to use the cane he'd been using incorrectly.

• Like 3