for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

On 9/29/2023 at 2:37 PM, sjb317 said:

Not sure what was going on but I have been having a lot of trouble getting on to CC.  I think I have caught up with everyone and it sounds like everyone is doing well and busy with travel plans, families, etc. 

We got the new covid boosters yesterday and I woke up this morning feeling feverish and achy so I have spent the day napping and just being generally lazy😂.   OOTD: Jammie’s!

We are leaving October 24 to fly to Rome for a TA cruise back to Ft Lauderdale.  Then in February, we are flying to LA to catch a cruise to Hawaii, then down to New Zealand and Australia.  We will disembark in Brisbane and catch a plane to Melbourne to spend a few weeks with our son and his family,  This works out great as we will only have to do the long, long flight once!  I am really excited about it!

Very sad to see the news of Diane Feinstein’s passing! 

Sherri🙂

Great way to visit family!!

27 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - it seems that when it rains it pours when it comes to our residences lately.  I can't do my stucco fix until next week because we're getting a nice big rain for a few days.  ugh.  On the upside, after you said Xfinity told you to get a new box, I went in and got a new one.   My sound is back!!  I won't have to watch TV on my MacBook now.  

Went to TJ's today and got my goodies.  Didn't go crazy.  I stayed away from the pumpkin Kringle (very bad for me but oh, so good) and some other things.  I did get some coffee (yay) and soups.  I went to another store that one of my owners drives down to shop and looked to see if they had a specific French butter that I've been searching for. Nope.  BUT, they had some different flavors of Sprindrift sparkling water - Mojito (really good) and Mango Black Tea (haven't tried yet).  A nice store but not worth driving down the mountain to shop at.   One funny thing - the street to get there was a construction mess so I tried to get around it,  Went past Namedroppers - it's a upscale consigment store that the Real Housewives go to.  Decided to play it upscale and went in.  If I wanted a used $1500 bag or a used $3500 coat, it's where I'd go.  They did have some actual decently priced things and I ended up buying,  A belt that I've seen in Sundance for around $150 for $20.  A nice cashmere Vneck cardigan for $69 that I can wear with jeans or leggings for work.  A button up sweater vest for $49 that I can wear with jeans or leggings,  I had been looking for those 3 things anyway so I'm happy.  The place will also take some of my old things that I can't wear anymore - the person said they are always looking for some larger sizes...  maybe I can make a little money.  If I ever need a chi chi dress to wear, that'll be where I go!

OOTD:  Ralph Lauren jeans (from my owner), gray Woolx short sleeve shirt, Madewell jean jacket, Olu kai pink high tops and my tan Gigi Pip hat.  At least I looked like I fit in at Namedroppers 😸

I’ve had the Msngi black Tea Spindrift. It’s pretty good, I did add a little lime to mine

• Like 1

Took DH to church this morning and it took it all out of him. Then he grilled (steak, potatoes, and one of our last squash) and he is whooped. He says he overdid it. I go back to work tomorrow, so I suggested he take it easy. It's an up and down process that is completely normal as he learns what he can and cannot do.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Took DH to church this morning and it took it all out of him. Then he grilled (steak, potatoes, and one of our last squash) and he is whooped. He says he overdid it. I go back to work tomorrow, so I suggested he take it easy. It's an up and down process that is completely normal as he learns what he can and cannot do.

recovery is a b!tch.  One moment you're up and the next you're on the floor.  Patience for both of you!

Lois thank you for mentioning switching out the box!!  I would probably be still watching on my MacBook.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Used to doing things, tough for a guy (especially) to admit that they need to slow down for a bit. We grilled steaks too & I made crustless Swedish blueberry pie (& I have blueberry ice cream to top it!!!!!)

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Used to doing things, tough for a guy (especially) to admit that they need to slow down for a bit. We grilled steaks too & I made crustless Swedish blueberry pie (& I have blueberry ice cream to top it!!!!!)

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6831.jpeg

Are we too late for dinner???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Your dinner looks very good, Melody, especially the pie!😂  We had a gray, stormy day here on the beach, very dreary looking.  I had planned to grill some fish but while at the gym, I suddenly felt like it was a good day for chili.  Came home and threw ingredients into my crockpot, improvising on a few.  Turned out pretty good and, as our youngest grandson would say, really “hit the spot”😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Sherri, it was dreary here all day too.

Melody, that food looks delicious🙂

Well, the drip is still dripping in the bathroom. Thankfully the bucket is doing its job. I will go to the office first thing in the morning about it. Will let you know what happens.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Your dinner looks very good, Melody, especially the pie!😂  We had a gray, stormy day here on the beach, very dreary looking.  I had planned to grill some fish but while at the gym, I suddenly felt like it was a good day for chili.  Came home and threw ingredients into my crockpot, improvising on a few.  Turned out pretty good and, as our youngest grandson would say, really “hit the spot”😂

Sherri🙂

I’m planning on chili later this week 

Good morning girls, well, it looks like the plumber has to come back out here TODAY anyway. Not for the sprinkler heard but I think I actually have a leak........my closest backs up to the bathroom and the carpet is damp☹️.......I took all my shoes out and yes, it is definitely damp. I just called the plumber and they will come out today before 1:00. I am getting ready to walk up to the office about the sprink head too..........will keep you posted.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls, well, it looks like the plumber has to come back out here TODAY anyway. Not for the sprinkler heard but I think I actually have a leak........my closest backs up to the bathroom and the carpet is damp☹️.......I took all my shoes out and yes, it is definitely damp. I just called the plumber and they will come out today before 1:00. I am getting ready to walk up to the office about the sprink head too..........will keep you posted.

Could be damp from a sprinkler head in the closet too 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Could be damp from a sprinkler head in the closet too 

Maybe but the sprinkler head is in the bathroom (that is the one dripping). I really don't have any answers right now but maybe the plumber will be able to give me some.

• Like 1

Hi again Melody.......this keeps changing....the 2 maintenance people for our property were here and guess what? It is not a bad sprinkler head but it is leak from the unit above me😠the part of this thing is....nobody lives up there. It is a Freddie Mac Property.. Hopefully they will get in there sometime today....owner or not.....to see the area that causing the issue.  I know SOMEONE has been up there this past week because I could hear drilling and hammering so there has been work going on......whoever was hired to do the work. The folks in the office are trying to figure the best way to go about it and will let me know sometime today. 

My closet backs up to my bathroom......I didn't see it on Friday but the ceiling in the closet where they come together is DAMP.......so it is that owner's responsibility to get this thing fixed......

Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

Melody, I have some good news!

The maintenance folks were able to get into that unit and guess what? it was actually the toilet that was the issue.....it was overflowing!!!!!! (Their bathroom is above mine)...no wonder it has been wet down here. This was a constant over the weekend. So, they turned off the water up there and will mop up all the excess. From what they told me the excess (what is left from standing water) should stop dripping over the next 24 hours.........this is probably the best scenario I could have asked for. 

Will keep you posted on it over the next couple of days and thank you so much for being here!

• Like 2

Lois - the leak could be on the sprinkler line and is affecting both coming into your closet and eventually dripping out the sprinkler.  I've seen a bunch of different leaks happen at my work condos.  Good luck with getting fixed!

A very gray and rainy day here today.  Clouds really low, too - I couldn't see the hills a mile away.  I actually had to have some lights on in the house still at 9am.  At least it's cooled off to the mid-40s today and tomorrow.   No chili for me today.  I bought a pack of seasoned chicken thighs at TJs that I need to bake off.  I will use them several ways over the next few days.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, it is not the sprinkler head. The toilet above me was running over and they have now gone up and fixed it......actually

It has almost stopped dripping at all at this point. The bucket is still there but it is almost empty now....so good news🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again Melody.......this keeps changing....the 2 maintenance people for our property were here and guess what? It is not a bad sprinkler head but it is leak from the unit above me😠the part of this thing is....nobody lives up there. It is a Freddie Mac Property.. Hopefully they will get in there sometime today....owner or not.....to see the area that causing the issue.  I know SOMEONE has been up there this past week because I could hear drilling and hammering so there has been work going on......whoever was hired to do the work. The folks in the office are trying to figure the best way to go about it and will let me know sometime today. 

My closet backs up to my bathroom......I didn't see it on Friday but the ceiling in the closet where they come together is DAMP.......so it is that owner's responsibility to get this thing fixed......

Will keep you posted.

I’m so sorry!  This could really cause damage to your unit

51 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I’m so sorry!  This could really cause damage to your unit

Thanks, see the newest post. The dripping is now stopped. Everything was due to an overflowing toilet which has now been stopped. Any damage is very minimal at this point(thankfully)

• Like 1

When we were on the K in Feb/March (in a Neptune), I thought the carpet in front of the sofa felt damp/wet one morning & ignored it....by the next morning it was really WET!!!  told our room steward & it got trouble-shot....don't know what the problem was but they put one of those noisy air blowers in the cabin, gave us a key to another Neptune to use during the day (but not to sleep)....could turn off the blower to sleep.  Carpet was still damp the next morning so same drill....it did dry out finally.   Interesting side note--- later in the cruise we saw a couple entering our 'vacation' cabin --- wonder if they had some sort of issue too but didn't ask.

• Like 1

I have a floor fan and it is the highest speed and it is inside the closet. It has been on all day and I will leave it on. Luckily the dampness is a small area but it can take time for it to dry out.