for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Kat, wow, you did well. I have been to IKEA a few times but it is just not for me......I can't think of anything I have purchased from them.

Hi Melissa, what is this new job you are starting? 

In Santorini today with 9200 other passengers. 😱 Our captain started warning us to pack our patience 5 days ago. I canceled my shore excursion and am just enjoying a light lunch on the back deck, watching all the ships at anchor behind us, as well as a nice view of Thira, up on the cliff. 

Don’t feel too sorry for myself; I’ve visited here twice before and have seen the sites with far fewer “new best friends”.

IMG_0517.thumb.jpeg.9e71dee357bd528b51c4f660be772540.jpeg

IMG_0515.thumb.jpeg.96be2201060ef2937881bc787b44dc0b.jpeg

• Like 2

Lois - I've bought furniture to potato peelers at IKEA.  I call it a poor man's Crate & Barrel.  Some things I don't want to spend a lot of money on so I'll check IKEA.  My kitchen island and chairs are from IKEA.  But, my dining room table & chairs are from C&B.  Storage & organization things I'll get at IKEA.  What can I say??  

Toblerone - chili crunch should be available in Australia.  It's an Asian condiment.  It really is good.

Cynthia - all those people dumping off those ships to a little port are what scares me most about cruising.   At least you could just relax on the ship and avoid the herd!

It's cold and rainy today.  Just getting up to mid 40s today.  Will probably see a little snow tonight.  ugh.  I'm just not ready for it.   OOTD:  jeans and a sweatshirt and, when I go to the Post Office, I'll add my Patagonia rain shell.  I knew when I bought it in April before my Alaska cruise that I'd be getting use out of it at home!

• Like 1

I used to love going into Crate and Barrel,Ikea and Pottery Barn in the USA and Canada when I was a flight attendant as we have none of those shops in New Zealand. I will get a discount but its funny when you work in a hop you don't actually buy as much as you would think.

There were only two ships in Santorini when we were there in August and it was still so crowded.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Never been in a Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn. I have bought a few things (lingonberries & Swedish Meatballs mostly) at IKEA

I am a kitchenware freak, I think,  That's what got me started at C&B.  Then I got an IKEA nearby and started there, too.  I'm kind of eclectic in my stuff (I think the old Hippie Lady in me).  I really got into IKEA when the now-ex and I bought the vacation house in Scottsdale, AZ.  The prices were right for vacation furniture.  Except I did get the dining table at C&B: a fantastic table that is 3x6 of pecan top with flat black painted legs.  BUT, it opens up to become a 6x6 table on it's own, no leaves.  It was perfect for the house - small 80% of the time, but could open it up when family showed up.  I still have it here at home - my very small dining area fits it as 6x6 perfectly.  

I did buy a bag of meatballs and potatoes at IKEA, too.  Had to swear off the lingonberries (too much sugar).  They were out of the gravy, though.  Always good to toss a few in the microwave for a dinner.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried the new Lume whole body deodorant?  It was on the Amazon Prine days so I’m giving it a shot. I like the idea of no aluminum  interesting scents, sage, tangerine, powder, lavender 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Has anyone tried the new Lume whole body deodorant?  It was on the Amazon Prine days so I’m giving it a shot. I like the idea of no aluminum  interesting scents, sage, tangerine, powder, lavender 

Hi Melody, I have seen tons of their commercials on TV but I have never tried any of their products. I don't think I would like any scents in a deodorant. I prefer no scent or something in  a "clean" scent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, I have seen tons of their commercials on TV but I have never tried any of their products. I don't think I would like any scents in a deodorant. I prefer no scent or something in  a "clean" scent.

I got the multi pack which includes unscented & powder scent. I also don’t like heavy scents but the mini multi pack was cheaper than 1 regular size one. I’ll give the ones I won’t use to one of our shelters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I got the multi pack which includes unscented & powder scent. I also don’t like heavy scents but the mini multi pack was cheaper than 1 regular size one. I’ll give the ones I won’t use to one of our shelters

I’ve thought about trying them. Let us know what you think! I also like light or no scent.

• Like 1

Good morning to all!  I’m still having issues with CC but it is working this morning so feel like I need to get a quick post in before I get kicked out again!

Love all the pictures people have posted!  This is the time of year I do miss Indiana so Melody, your hiking pictures made me a little homesick.😂  And Venice is one of my favorite places, it’s been almost 10 years since we were there so Cynthia, your pictures have made me want to go back!

Melissa, I hope you enjoy your new job!  I would love to work part time in a home goods store but we are gone so much to see grandkids, cruise, etc. that I don’t think any employer would hire someone who wants so much time off.

We did the same thing , Kat, when we bought our vacation home in Florida, we went to IKEA for most of our furniture.  We knew our sons and grandkids would be using it too, so I did not want anything expensive as I knew it would get abused.   Twelve years later, we still have most of it, it has surprisingly held up well!

Lois, it’s very interesting you spent a year in Israel!  Very, very sad what has happened and unfortunately, I think there is more to come.  😔

Bad weather here today, tornados  during the night on the west coast and now tornado warnings up in Flagler county which is getting close to Jacksonville.  I hope Jacksonville doesn’t’ get any of this, Lois!  Stay safe!

Sherri

• Like 3

Hi Sherri, yes, the bad weather came up this way too. Right now no rain by me but it has been raining since last night........Flagler Beach (just south of me) had a tornado hit. So it has been very funky weather for sure.

And what happened Saturday was more than just sad........pure evil. All the information coming out about what was done to the families, grandparents, parents and the children...........just horrific☹️

I would say unbelievable but it is true and I have shed my share of tears this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

And what happened Saturday was more than just sad........pure evil. All the information coming out about what was done to the families, grandparents, parents and the children...........just horrific☹️

I would say unbelievable but it is true and I have shed my share of tears this week.

You are absolutely right, Lois.  😔

Sherri

• Like 1

Well, if it is not one thing......I just wanted to put on my a/c for a few minutes and of course nothing happened😮It is sort of humid right now and  I wanted to cool it off in here..........I tried multiple times and NOTHING.......no air, no fan, no compressor.....nothing came on. 

First thing tomorrow I will call my a/c people and see if someone can come tomorrow (and how much extra it is on the weekend) or hopefully it won't be too hot out over the weekend and they can come on Monday.  Will let you know what happens. This unit was just installed in 2020.......it has a great warranty on parts (10 years).....so IF it needs something part wise at least that is covered. 

Hope it is something small because I used the a/c earlier this week. Not sure what happened!!

• Like 1

Today is changeover day of my BTB. I had to change cabins, but they make it easy, taking all your hanging items and transferring them. What took longer was sorting out my new card; for some reason it didn’t show up in the system… Then I had to attend a second safety briefing and turn in my passport.

After all this I didn’t go back into Istanbul today. It was very very crowded yesterday in the old town and there was some kind of demonstration in/ around Taksim Square. Azamara brought on a troupe of local dancers last night, including a very good belly dancer, which was fun.

Tonight we sail away around 8pm. For now I’m sitting on deck with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc enjoying a gorgeous view of the old town, with Topkapi and Haghia Sofia.

IMG_0551.thumb.jpeg.78539cad069cffc7c8cfe73878302df8.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi Cynthia, sounds like you are having an excellent time😃

Well, the A/C guy was here and my unit needs a new motor. Fortunately for me PARTS AND LABOR are under the warranty! They have to order the part on Monday and hope to have it installed sometime late next week. I am very happy it is not the middle of summer, that is for sure😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, sounds like you are having an excellent time😃

Well, the A/C guy was here and my unit needs a new motor. Fortunately for me PARTS AND LABOR are under the warranty! They have to order the part on Monday and hope to have it installed sometime late next week. I am very happy it is not the middle of summer, that is for sure😃

Good week to have no a/c, cold front coming into Florida Monday.  Predicted highs for Jacksonville are high 60s to low 70s.   You should probably get some lottery tickets😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1