for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good morning and thank you all for the good wishes. I am at the airport waiting for my flight to NY. Leaves at 11:10, arriving at 1:30. My long haul flight is on Swiss Air departs at 4:30.

• Like 1

Well the TJ's flyer came out -- have to say I was a little underwhelmed, but then I realized it is just for Thanksgiving. They must have another holiday one in the works.

Since I'll be in Rome on Thanksgiving (turkey tetrazini anyone?), I'll not be making "the meal". 😁

Meanwhile, I'm getting all my activities lined up for Rome, including a visit to the newly opened Largo Argentina area (formerly only used as a cat sanctuary but has some of the oldest surviving Roman temples...), a special exhibit at the Domus Aurea, and a new "virtual reality" experience at the Circus Maximus. Among others. 

The weather isn't looking promising but it's still a little too far to predict reliably. Suffice to say I'll have a raincoat, with or without lining....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well the TJ's flyer came out -- have to say I was a little underwhelmed, but then I realized it is just for Thanksgiving. They must have another holiday one in the works.

Since I'll be in Rome on Thanksgiving (turkey tetrazini anyone?), I'll not be making "the meal". 😁

Meanwhile, I'm getting all my activities lined up for Rome, including a visit to the newly opened Largo Argentina area (formerly only used as a cat sanctuary but has some of the oldest surviving Roman temples...), a special exhibit at the Domus Aurea, and a new "virtual reality" experience at the Circus Maximus. Among others. 

The weather isn't looking promising but it's still a little too far to predict reliably. Suffice to say I'll have a raincoat, with or without lining....

You beat me to it!  The Fearless Flyer was indeed underwhelming.  The Rosemary nuts in a can is good, but not much else called to me.  I'll be down in the Valley  next week to see my endocrinology NP so I'll probably make a drive-by anyway,  I can always appreciate a salad or two!

I looked at my usual spots for those hoodie sweaters but didn't find anything but unembellished.  Unfortunately, a few things in Free People called to the hippie in me and I have to do my best to avoid them!!!   Maybe leave a small space in your luggage just in case you run into a hoodie that calls to you!!

I think it'll be fun do be able to go down into the cat sanctuary and wander around the ruins now.  For me, it would be a 2-fer: see the ruins and pet some cats (and take photos of them) 😸 

Speaking of cats and trying to herd them:  I'm afraid to ask my girlfriends what we're going to do in Palm Springs.  I'm going to just sit back and take NO ownership of where to go and what to eat.  I'm over that after I got no good things when I researched and recommended (thank awhfy) for food in Colorado Springs.  I have places from my friend who lives part time in PS but not going to say them unless I'm asked.  I would love to find a place that is "NO substitutions" and watch some of them squirm.  I think there's only 2 of us who can order right off the menu...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Maybe leave a small space in your luggage just in case you run into a hoodie that calls to you!!

That's a thought. 😆

Can't remember the last time I bought anything like clothing or shoes in Rome but I do remember buying a nice black quilted jacket in Pompei (yes the modern town) when I was staying there for a week in February and it was chillier than I'd expected....  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

Easy suppah tonight. Costco garlic butter shrimp, Rao marinara & angel hair pasta with a nice glass of Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. Not clothing or beauty, but ah well. Melody 

IMG_7225.jpeg

IMG_7227.jpeg

That looks delicious. And I love your table linens peeking through -- seasonal and just my colors. 

It's looking like a cool, rainy weekend here. A jacket that I was thinking of taking on my trip needs some alterations (sleeves too long) and I was going to take it today but am feeling lazy -- maybe I don't really need it, lol.  If I don't take it today, it wouldn't be ready for pickup before I leave....

The last few weeks have gone by fast.

• Like 1

The pasta does look yummy!   Can't go wrong with Sta. Margherita - a solid choice for Pino Grigio.   

I'm on a hiatus from shrimp - it was the protein that kept me going for awhile and I'm kind of tired of it.  I'm trying to incorporate some, ugh, red meat into the diet for dinner.  A lean ground beef mixed with canellini beans and a can of diced tomatoes works.  I just put in a ton of different spices.  It's not chili but it's decent enough.  I made some pork chops the other night.  I've always loved them, but this time I just felt blah with them.  Going to grill some chicken and add it to salad tonight and see if I like that once again as I really started to not like my entree salads.  I don't like how my palate has changed.  

Cool the past few days, in the 40s.  Got my hair taken care of on Thursday.  We added some red highlights just because we could and hadn't done those in quite awhile.   Definitely turned into jeans and sweatshirt weather up here!  

OOTD:  faded yellow Laguna Surf Co. hoodie and a pair of Vuori leggings.  

• Like 1

We made it home from our TA yesterday afternoon, had a great trip!  Florence was very nice but I fell in love with Valencia, could easily see me living there😂.

Now home to laundry and cooking after 20 days with neither.  Melody, your shrimp looks very good, that is a dish I make at least twice a month so could be on our menu this week if shrimp is a decent price at the grocery. 

Next trip is driving up to SC and VA to spend Christmas holiday with the grandkids.  It may turn into quite a lengthy stay if it works out for our daughter in law to go to Hawaii  with our son when he goes for his job. I am really hoping she gets to go!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Nice shrimp ! We call those prawns .

Sherri glad to hear you loved Valencia ,I am looking forward to visiting on our cruise next June.

My husband is on his way to LA ,so I’m sending him a list for trader joes!

Now time to get dressed for work,it’s hard as it’s not Winter but still not overly warm.My hair is also growing back and has a mind of its own!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Welcome back @sjb317 !!!  So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and cruise. I haven't been to Valencia for a very long time. Need to go back. 😊. Isn't it fun to visit new places and wonder about what it would be like to live there?

My husband says I say that about every city we visit in Europe😂.  Not true, but there have been many I feel that way about!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi girls, been a minute or 2 since I have checked in here. We are almost at the end of the cruise. Tomorrow we dock in NY and Sat I fly home.

It has been a fun and interesting cruise. This is my first TA crossing so that is one of the major interesting things. I have become friends with several people which is nice to be sure. Several folks have asked me to join them for dinner too. It is the first time in a long, long time I had dinner plans every night! Sometimes on my cruises I have dinner on my own and that is ok with me but this turned out to be quite fun.

One evening I went to a special dinner called "The Chef's Table". It was 11 courses all served Tapas style with Red and White wines served throughout.  There were about 15 of us and it was really excellent and I am glad I decided to do it.

I will post a list of the foods served.

There were a few other nights I ate with the CD and/or the HD. I have sailed with both of them before so it was like old home week🙂

And most of the folks I have become friends with are couples which is why I don't place a lot of importance on "the solo thing".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

The above list is from The Chef's dinner I mentioned earlier. Everything was sooo good!

Wow, impressive. Makes my mouth water. Glad you have had such a nice time. I have a TA coming up so I'm glad to hear that, as a solo, you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, impressive. Makes my mouth water. Glad you have had such a nice time. I have a TA coming up so I'm glad to hear that, as a solo, you enjoyed it.

Hi Cynthia, oh yes, I would do another one too🙂