for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

18 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, impressive. Makes my mouth water. Glad you have had such a nice time. I have a TA coming up so I'm glad to hear that, as a solo, you enjoyed it.

I think TAs are my favourite cruises. (Admittedly, I'm a Cunard girl, which is a somewhat different style of TA, but even given that...) Multiple sea days strung together, lots of things to do, or nothing, depending on how you're feeling that day. It's glorious. (And I always cruise solo.)    

3 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I think TAs are my favourite cruises. (Admittedly, I'm a Cunard girl, which is a somewhat different style of TA, but even given that...) Multiple sea days strung together, lots of things to do, or nothing, depending on how you're feeling that day. It's glorious. (And I always cruise solo.)    

I'm not a big fan of sea days, so this will be challenging for me. A fair number of the normal shipboard activities don't appeal to me particularly and there's only so long I can sit and read without getting cranky, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm not a big fan of sea days, so this will be challenging for me. A fair number of the normal shipboard activities don't appeal to me particularly and there's only so long I can sit and read without getting cranky, lol.

My husband would do a cruise with every day a sea day

• Haha 1

Endocrinologist NP visit today.  All was great.  She was impressed.  A1C down at 6.2.  I laughed at my weight - I haven't been this "light" since college!  I told her about my bout with losing my appetite the other month; she said she's hearing it's common with patients who had COVID.  She said that when that happens I'm ok to just eat whatever tastes good to me.  

I did make a stop at TJ's on the way home.  I was pleasantly surprised that they had out a bunch of the holiday stuff that wasn't in the Flyer.  It was a "Holy C$ap"  kind of shopping day and totally unexpected.  My seasonal favorite, Baked Lemon Ricotta, was there!  The flavored JoJo's (like Oreos) that I give my hair stylist were in.  The Italian custard pastries were in the Frozen section.  The real surprise was the newest candle-in-a-tin: Chocolate Croissant.  OMG!  It smells oh, so, good.   f

OOTD:  My new hoodie with the matching leggings.  Got lots of compliments on the combo.  It'll be on the list of things to take to Palm Springs.  I'll call it "Real Locals of Park City visits Palm Springs,", an homage to the Real Housewives of both Beverly Hills and Salt Lake City when they did their visits...  I have to keep an eye on the weather report for that first weekend of December - I just hope there isn't a snowstorm when I drive down to the airport or back up - I don't want to have to take a jacket!!

• Like 3

I'm leaving tonight for Roma and TA; just have to put a few more things in my suitcase. The weather in Rome is much like here: warmer than usual and a bit rainy. Hard to pack for both a city stay and two weeks on a ship but I think I've got it sufficiently whittled down. 

I'll try to post occasionally from Rome!

• Like 2

Hi girls, I got home yesterday afternoon and had a wonderful time. A crossing is definitely different......you can meet folks on a more personal level (if you are so inclined) and I met some really great folks. Made the cruise even better😃 and I don't like being home again LOL......

Cynthia, have a safe flight and a fantastic trip😃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back Lois!

Cynthia - have a wonderful trip!   I'm sooooo jelly!!  I didn't realize you were cruising, too - thought you were just going to Rome.  Buon Viaggio!  Have a spritz for me.  

Rainy day today.  Snow level is just at about 7000' so I'm just below it.  As the temperature drops, the rain will change to snow for sure.  Just hiding out at home today.   I start back at my lodge on Dec. 5 so I'm going to enjoy my last few days of "vacation" before diving back into work.  I think this will be my last year.  

OOTD:  leggings and a long-sleeve Tshirt.   

• Like 1

This is one of those Mondays that I really wish I was still on the ship. Been home 2 days and it is just blaaa for me😮.

I met several people and we are on Whats App so at least we can keep in touch😀

• Like 2

Ensconced in my “usual” room at Albergo del Senato. Rome is very warm AND crowded! Enjoying a glass of Brunello on the piazza before liking for dinner. It’s Monday night so many favorites are closed.

View from my room:

IMG_0590.jpeg

Wine with a view:

IMG_0591.jpeg

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Ensconced in my “usual” room at Albergo del Senato. Rome is very warm AND crowded! Enjoying a glass of Brunello on the piazza before liking for dinner. It’s Monday night so many favorites are closed.

View from my room:

IMG_0590.jpeg

Wine with a view:

IMG_0591.jpeg

Enjoy your Brunello!!

I know it is a day early, but want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Today has not been a good day☹️......I must have caught a bug or something and I have thrown up twice today.......(no food). I had an appt for lab work this morning which I went to......at that time I was ok.....

Once I got back home I was going to eat something (This lab work had to be while fasting). It was the WEIRDEST thing......I was sitting in my lazy boy watching the news when I started to cough....well, the cough got big.......like I was going to choke but instead, I got sick.........then this afternoon (about  minutes ago)........I got sick again.  The last food I ate was last night........2 scrambled eggs with a piece of rye toast.  That is usually my "Go To" when I don't feel like eating a big dinner. 

I have no other food in me so not sure what is causing this stomach issue.........crazy.  I was going to make Cornish Hen tomorrow with a sweet potato and some green beans but I never defrosted the hen and have no appetite........

And the other thing was I got a pain on my left side (not so bad now) but I think the tummy issues and this pain are 2 different things😧.......what is wrong with me? I will have to see how feel over the next couple of days. You know the Drs office pretty much closed on Friday so if I get worse, I will drive myself to the ER.........hoping I don't need to do that though.

Wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.

Lois, Sorry to hear you are not feeling welll. Is the pain you are having around your waist? Is it severe? I had a kidney stone attack. It came on suddenly and with severe pain that didn't last long. It also caused vomiting. I drove myself to the ER, was given an ultrasound and found out I had a kidney stone. I had a second attack in the ER and was admitted. The third attack came very late that night. After that no pain. The urologist saw me the next morning and told me to drink liquids to see if I could pass the stone. I was sent home. Never saw a stone. Several weeks later, I had another U/S and the stone was gone.

I also read there are several things going around other than flu. One is norovirus. If you aren't feeling better, you could try an urgent care. Some may have limited hours tomorrow.

• Like 1

Lois, I hope you are feeling better this morning!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  I decided since it would just be the two of us not to make a traditional turkey dinner, my husband is going to grill some steaks instead.  I did make a small pumpkin cheesecake yesterday. Should be just a quiet day. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Good morning........what a difference a day makes........I feel MUCH better this morning.  I had a yogurt and a breakfast bar and am having some coffee. So far so good. That was just too strange yesterday!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

• Like 2

Good to hear you are feeling better today, Lois.  Take it easy today.  

Started out Thanksgiving with some Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt for breakfast.  I added a sprinkle of my Penzy's Pie Spice on top to add a little zing.  

I pride myself in not having ever made a whole turkey.  I've done a half breast at the most.  Today, I'm lowering my bar and making a turkey meatloaf.  I've got a pound of ground turkey to use.  I have my sides ready - mash potato, creamed corn, TJ's stuffing/dressing.   I'll just nosh on it all afternoon/evening.  

OOTD:  Inside all day today and a winter storm advisory in effect.  Leggings and a long-sleeve Tshirt.  I have my new Acorn slouchy moccasins on.  My NP doesn't want me walking around barefoot on my slate floors (peripheral nerve issues).  

Happy Thanksgiving to the US ladies.  Everyone else - have a great day.

• Like 3