for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Oh neat! And do you fly to Hawaii from there? Or you fly to California and then on to Hawaii? And how is Les feeling?

Colorado to Vegas then next day Vegas straight to Honolulu. We’ll spend a couple of days in Vegas on our way home too. 

Les is still having issues with the eye. At least he’s able to read & look at his phone with the addition of reading glasses (which he hates)

Lois, just heard that there’s been a major landslide taking out the major road into Jackson Hole, Wyoming. That’s where you’re going pretty soon??

17 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, just heard that there’s been a major landslide taking out the major road into Jackson Hole, Wyoming. That’s where you’re going pretty soon??

Hi Melody, going on June 27th. I will have to check the news on that!

It says 1 road was affected and 2 other road options are still available. I called my girlfriend (she is the planner) and told her what I saw and waiting for her to call me back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I may call the place we are staying and see what they say.

Don't worry.  The road going over Teton Pass that slid isn't the main road.  It's only one of many that goes into Jackson.  I've never taken the road.   If you're flying into Jackson, you're not near that road.   The airport is north of Jackson and that road is on the east side.   

• Like 1

Just now, slidergirl said:

Don't worry.  The road going over Teton Pass that slid isn't the main road.  It's only one of many that goes into Jackson.  I've never taken the road.   If you're flying into Jackson, you're not near that road.   The airport is north of Jackson and that road is on the east side.   

See, the media is never right!

• Like 1

Melody - yay that the daughter is cleared to go!!   Just be sure she is overly cautious with the incision area - we don't want a sunburnt scar to develop!!  My friend used Steri Strips to cover her incisions when we went to Hawaii years ago.  I'm sure she has something, but, I'm just thinking here. 

Vegas - Eataly is at the Park MGM.  Good place to stock up on some Italian junk food for the flight!!   And it has good pizza.  The MGM Grand is across the street.   The Cosmopolitan (and Jaleo restaurant) is just up the street.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, awhfy said:

See, the media is never right!

Yeah...  The last photo I saw of the slide last night looked really bad.  It's going to be a long time before that is fixed.  The entire underside of the road slide way down, it left nothing to build on. 

My favorite way is US 89 through Wyoming from the south, then US 191 the rest of the way.  Scenic.  Though ranch lands and then Snake River canyon.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks.....yes, that is where I am flying to.  Thanks for the information. We are staying at a place called Mountain Modern. It is in Jackson. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks.....yes, that is where I am flying to.  Thanks for the information. We are staying at a place called Mountain Modern. It is in Jackson. 

I just did a peek at it's website.  sounds like a fun place.  Right smack in Jackson.   

For a true tourist thing, take a quick stop at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar.  Just to take a look.  It's been there forever.  I remember (vaguely) getting drunk there back in the late 70s...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I just did a peek at it's website.  sounds like a fun place.  Right smack in Jackson.   

For a true tourist thing, take a quick stop at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar.  Just to take a look.  It's been there forever.  I remember (vaguely) getting drunk there back in the late 70s...

Thanks, I will keep it in mind😀

Hi girls, Melody, you and Les leave tomorrow, right? Hoping you have a wonderful time in Vegas and especially in Hawaii! Wishing you safe and uneventful flights😀 Hope the family has an awesome trip!!!!

Well, this stupid cough just won't go away. I am going to give it another day and then if I have to I will call the Dr. I leave for my trip 2 weeks from tomorrow. I thought it was actually getting better but today it seemed to start up again☹️. I am taking those pills......I would have thought by now they would have been working better.

• Like 2

We do leave tomorrow, all packed & luggage waiting in garage for our oldest daughter to pick us up at 8 tomorrow morning. Karin had her first pt today for her knee. Same pt I had for my shoulder. She said something about leaving Friday for Hawaii. Pt said we had a lady a couple of weeks ago with a shoulder replacement that was doing a family trip to Hawaii soon. Karin laughed & said thats my mom. PT said if you do half as well as your mom you’ll be fine. Picture is Les making sure no slip on the stairs 

IMG_9459.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, just a quick update. My father passed last night, just after the move to assisted living. He had been rapidly going downhill over last couple of weeks, so it wasn't a big surprise and it was peaceful. 

It's certainly been quite the month. Barring any other issues I am hoping to make my Azamara Onward cruise leaving Southampton June 20th.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi all, just a quick update. My father passed last night, just after the move to assisted living. He had been rapidly going downhill over last couple of weeks, so it wasn't a big surprise and it was peaceful. 

It's certainly been quite the month. Barring any other issues I am hoping to make my Azamara Onward cruise leaving Southampton June 20th.

Hi Cynthia.........oh my goodness.........my heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.

Hope your Mom is ok.........(((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to you!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, you and Les leave tomorrow, right? Hoping you have a wonderful time in Vegas and especially in Hawaii! Wishing you safe and uneventful flights😀 Hope the family has an awesome trip!!!!

Well, this stupid cough just won't go away. I am going to give it another day and then if I have to I will call the Dr. I leave for my trip 2 weeks from tomorrow. I thought it was actually getting better but today it seemed to start up again☹️. I am taking those pills......I would have thought by now they would have been working better.

I'd give the Dr. a call.  those pearls have a 50/50 chance of working, I've heard.  Don't work for me.  If you have 2 weeks before your trip, it may be worth it to see if your MD thinks Hycodan is the next step.  If you have congestion still like a cold or allergy, maybe Tussionex.  But if it's just the cough, Hycodan.  It's usually my last gasp choice, since it's liquid Vicodin and can be addictive if you use it too much.  I've never had that issue fortunately.  You'd have 2 weeks to see if it worked and get off of it.  I wouldn't want to be taking it on a vacation for the first time.

Hot as sin today - 87!  Plus, up here at altitude it feels a good 10 degrees hotter.  I just stayed in the house with the ceiling fans on.  

OOTD:  with the heat, I just put on this neat "sundress" that I got in Colorado.  It's a sundress in that it is long sleeves and a hoodie all made from an SPF material.  I got it to wear as a coverup when I wore a bathing suit, but it's actually long enough to wear as an active dress.  

Cynthia - I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing.  I'm thinking of you and the family.   Even if it is expected, it is hard when it happens.  Take care.

• Thanks 1

Well, I was going to try and get in to see the Dr but for the first time in 2 weeks I feel WAY BETTER😃. And I slept really well last night. Maybe it finally cleared up.....on its own.

I booked a cruise yesterday😃 going in Nov on a TA crossing for 14 nights😃 Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrToblerone said:

Cynthia Im so sorry to read about your fathers passing .Very sad times for you. 
My thoughts are with your family

Thank you. And I hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Nobody has posted all weekend so I will give it a go. I hope Melody and her family are all having a wonderful time😃 and that her daughter's leg is ok and Les is not having too many eye issues

and that Melody's shoulder is ok too!

Thankfully my cough has almost 100% gone away!😃

Cynthia, hope you are doing ok..........thinking about you.

Kat, I told my gf about the bar you mentioned and yes, she was planning for us to go there LOL.

And to any Dads, Grand Dads, Step Dad's, etc........wishing all of you a Very Happy Father's Day!😃

• Like 1