for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Thanks, Melody.  I was hoping you would say CC, I am rarely on the other one.🤣

Sherri🙂

She’s not on CC. But of my her pictures of the Northern Lights over Ireland & Norway were stunning. She posted on the Serenade of the Seas site (& her personal site) 

Just thought I would pop in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well😀

Cynthia, how are you doing? I know you have a cruise coming up......when do you sail? 

I was trying to see about going on a really last minute cruise before my TA crossing (that is in November).The only really last minute ones are to the Caribbean, well, the ones that are nearby anyway. Nothing has caught my eye.

This weekend feels strange to me......maybe because all of last weekend I was watching the Olympics. Oh well.

So, anyone have big plans? 

• Like 1

Lois - plenty of us have "Olympics withdrawal" 😉  I'm just happy that English Premier League Soccer is back on Saturdays.  I'm in the middle of watching game #2 now.  

Had my annual Medicare wellness exam Thursday.  I actually passed the mental acuity test!  Trying to remember the 3 things while making the clock and then repeating those 3 back always worries me.  I've always had horrible instant recall.   I got my message from my NP today - said my labs were all "excellent" (never heard that from her before) except my B12 is a little low. I still think she's a little miffed at me for my strong advocacy for myself in insisting I get referred to an endocrinologist and not just take her advice to do insulin.  Just the way she said "it looks like the endo clinic is going well for you" was a little offputting.  I think I'm her first client who challenged her about diabetes treatment and new drugs.  

We're starting our monsoon season now, I guess.  Finally supposed to get rain and rain and rain.  Good thing - it's looking awfully brown around here.  Instead of just hot, it's going to be hot and muggy for a week.  My hair actually had some volume to it yesterday, a rarity up here in our low humidity.  

OOTD:  Shorts and a Tshirt.  Not doing anything but watching soccer and then going out to get some takeout for dinner. 

• Like 1

I’m in Olympic withdrawal too

We have the Blue Angels high performance jets here in town this weekend, totally messing with traffic & causing many folks to dehydrate & pass out (it’s 97 here today with 13% humidity). 

quiet weekend. Les has eye appt on Monday, hoping to get surgery date to remove the oil bubble from his eye. Mammogram for me on Tuesday. Melody 

• Like 1

Hey, y'all. I think I've been off CC since early July. In that time, my hubby was gone for a week (nice and quiet) and we got 7.5" of rain while he was gone. I didn't have to remember his watering schedule for the garden. We got another 4.5 from Debby. The yard is still a bit squishy. It's been hot, then cool. Crazy weather.

Had my physical. My doc was OK with my BP, but wants it lower. He changed my med, so now I'm on a combo that has coughing as a side effect. Awesome, since I already cough from my chronic lung disease. All my labs were better than last year.

Hubby and I went up to Blowing Rock on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a weekend. The weather was lovely (much cooler than the 95+ at home), we got in out hikes before the daily rain, and had a relaxing weekend. We're going to Asheville in a couple of weeks for a full week. I found a cabin that backs up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Mountains-to-sea trail.  We're going to hike and go to Smoke Mountain National Park to hike and train for Grand Teton/Yellowstone in October.

Funny related story. We usually hike a 2.6 mile trail in one of our local state parks. Friday, we were nearly done when DH's boot sole folded in half. A few steps later, it came completely off. I thought we'd just gotten him new ones at REI in the spring, so I told him to find the receipt and we'd go back. Turns out we didn't have to. He'd unintentionally worn his old boots. Silly man.

@WELDON RE: Princess medallion- I've worn a badge holder at work so long that it just feels natural to wear one on a cruise. Work is a butterfly, Princess is a sparkly circle.

@Lois R Nice that you and all my JAX relatives survived Debby

@AWFY Hope you and hubby are OK with the surgeries you both had (am I remembering correctly?)

@slidergirlI've been watching California fires, are you OK now? Also, I think we're going to fly into Jackson when we come in the fall.

• Like 1

Purple!  Your husband’s boot story made me laugh, Les has done the exact same thing!  No hiking for us this summer, don’t dare yet with Les’s eyes (retina doc this morning). Looking forward to some Yellowstone pictures this fall

Well, Les had another steroid injection into his eye today. They’re going to take oil bubble out in a couple of weeks. He’s having a good nap right now in a dark room

• Like 2

Purple - it sounds like you had one wet July!!  I wish some of it could have been sent to us out here in UT - day as a bone, even with the rain the last 2 days.   Hiking in SMNP should be lovely.  I drove through there one weekend after a business trip.  Beautiful mountains!  Reminds me of my town and area where my family lives in PA.  

We're good out here fire & smoke-wise.  The winds of the last week chased it out of here from CA.  A few small fires started around here but quickly dispatched by the fire depts.  Fingers crossed that we're good for the season now.

Ah, the cough.  Are you on Lisinopril?  It's infamous for it's cough-inducing side effect.  I hated it.  Fortunately my BP is good enough now that I don't take it.  

Melody - I'll keep thinking good thoughts for Les.  It has to be incredibly frustrating and probably depressing to be dealing with all those eye issues.  

The thunderstorm last evening was a good one.  Dropped some rain on us.  Have you ever had one of those instances where it seemed like the lightning came through your window at the same time you got a huge, LOUD thunderclap?  Scared the cr@p outta me!!!  Haven't had one of those in a long time.  

OOTD:  shorts and a Tshirt.  Watching more Premier League Soccer and then some housework.

That boot story made me laugh as well .

I went to work the other day and wore my boots as its still cold here and my heel fell off ! Lucky there is a shoe mender in the mall who glued it back on.

Melody I hope Les gets his eye 

sorted soon , the injection sounds awful.

I just had my eyes tested and my sight has actually improved, didnt expect that.

• Like 1

Well the first eye surgery to remove the bubble is scheduled for 10 Sep (we’re very glad we cancelled that October cruise!!). Then they’ll decide when to do the tears in the right eye. He’s a trooper. I came home from grocery store yesterday & he was mowing the lawn ( not supposed to do it yet). I got grumpy. He said, I have to do something. He did have on safety glasses over his sunglasses & a big bucket hat. Sigh

• Like 2

Hi girls, Melody, wishing Les all the best with that surgery. He sure has had a tough time of it these past few months. 

Not much going on with me..........next cruise is in November. 

Hope all of you are doing well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, wishing Les all the best with that surgery. He sure has had a tough time of it these past few months. 

Not much going on with me..........next cruise is in November. 

Hope all of you are doing well.

Thanks, he’s a trooper

I know a few people like Les - no matter what you tell them, they just can't do nothing.  At least he had eye protection and a hat on!  

I went to my hair stylist today.  We decided to break out of the brown with wine colored highlights and go really light.  Apparently this summer's thing is "strawberry brunette" for us brownies.  We took it farther and it looks like I spent every hour of the summer so far out in the sun.  We hadn't done something like this for ages!  Just having fun.  

OOTD:  my denim shorts, my Tshirt with the big blue heart in the middle, blue earrings and short blue lace socks with my hi-tops and my mini pearls necklace.  A quiet statement.

• Like 1

Woah.  Almost a week and no one else has posted.  We must be busy!

Today I installed a new showerhead on my shower.  My old one I installed when I moved in back in 2009.  It somehow started leaking very badly in the past few weeks so I did have to replace.  The new one, a Kohler hand-held, was very easy to install, no tools needed.  The connector is metal instead of the hard plastic of the last one (which cracked).  A little sealer tape around the main pipe thread and just turn it to tighten.  Test of the shower and NO LEAKS!  

The vacation hamster wheel was spinning particularly fast the last few days.  I was going to take a midweek weekend trip up to Boise - it's a 5-6 hour drive.  Some interesting food places up there - it has a decent Basque presence.  But then Southwest came out with the $49 fare sale and I gave a look.  Too expensive to Boise, but it had the cheap fare to Las Vegas.  Jose Andrés just opened another restaurant there.  And it would be a hour flight vs 5-6 hours to Boise and wear and tear on the car + gas.  So, I booked for 9/10 for 2 nights.   Easy.  THEN I started thinking about next Spring or Fall again.  Spain and Portugal still entices me.  THEN I thought of doing the transatlantic cruise for one leg instead of flying both ways.  But, it would have to be a no-balcony cruise just due to the cost.  There are several which use Barcelona as the start/end so that would let me do my land travels for a few weeks and then fly home.  It's sounding pretty fun.  Still thinking but that hamster wheel is going so fast that it may bounce off it's stand!!!

OOTD: a bad sweatshirt & sweatpants since I played plumber. And it's cooling down at night to get the house nice and cool all day long even when it gets up to 80 - it's the time of the 40 degree temperature differentials.

• Like 1

Kat, I have a new TA that had been giving us tremendous prices (wifi & classic beverages included). If you want her name email me. She saved us $4K for a b2b 2026 cruise 

awhfy 51 @ gmail you know the rest

Melody 

• Like 2

Hi girls, not much happening in this neck of the woods. I have been volunteering at the hospital for just over a year now.....trying to decide if I want to do something else instead. Will give it some more thought.

I am glad football season is back, that is for sure😀

Melody, that is alot of money you saved!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 1

Morning everyone .

Kat Im always researching my next vacation as well.The research is half the fun.

Melody ,Les sure is a trooper

We are on grandparent duties today ,very busy with a three year and 18 month old running around and both have colds which I hope we can avoid as we have a quick trip to Bali next week.

Today I'm wearing Lulu lemon black pants and my Vuori tshirt which I love.

• Like 1

We went to the Labor Day Lift Off Balloon Festival today. Perfect weather, fun balloons. Here’s a few. The first 2 we’re from lady evening’s ballon glow (they inflate but don’t fly. Melody

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

IMG_0796.jpeg

IMG_0787.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Lois, it was a fun day. This was the 48th anniversary of the Labor Day Balloon Festival. It was the very first thing we did as a family the day after we moved to Colorado Springs in1986. The specialty balloons, elephant, blue monster, Uncle Sam. Bumble bee, pig, Humpty Dumpty, & others are always fun to watch, of course the rainbow colored balloons are always so pretty to watch.