Fcc question?

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Could be up to 30 days 

So I called yesterday as soon as they announced they were canceling my May 1st cruise and opted for the FCC... My question is could there ever be a circumstance in the future where they would not honor them like if they filed bankruptcy ... I don't ever want to take the chance of losing that much money .. That is the only thing that worries me ...

Just now, Irish13 said:

So I called yesterday as soon as they announced they were canceling my May 1st cruise and opted for the FCC... My question is could there ever be a circumstance in the future where they would not honor them like if they filed bankruptcy ... I don't ever want to take the chance of losing that much money .. That is the only thing that worries me ...

They just secured a 2.2 billion $ loan.  They aren’t going bankrupt before you get your refund 

So my cruises were canceled yesterday. I am taking an fcc for one cruise. If i understand correctly I will recieve 125% on my cruise fare portion only. Taxes,fees,prepaid grats. And purchases will be refunded. Royal insurence is a loss. 

On the second cruise I opted for a refund. So i will recieve it all back minus insurence. 

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They just secured a 2.2 billion $ loan.  They aren’t going bankrupt before you get your refund 

Not worried about the refund because I will get that they said in about 30 days but the future cruise credit I have till the end of net year to do and that is a long ways off. I don't plan to book anything else for this year I will use the credit for sometime next year.

We are alo booked this November for Odyssey praying its done ..

6 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

So my cruises were canceled yesterday. I am taking an fcc for one cruise. If i understand correctly I will recieve 125% on my cruise fare portion only. Taxes,fees,prepaid grats. And purchases will be refunded. Royal insurence is a loss. 

On the second cruise I opted for a refund. So i will recieve it all back minus insurence. 

Call Alianz.  They are allowing you to move the policy to a different date. 

2 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Thank you ourusualbeach. Is allianz the royal caribbean insurence??

I have 2 cruises booked all with insurence. I plan to use my fcc for my 2021 cruise, and do not plan to book  any other cruises. But thank you anyway. 

Yes Royal uses Alianz.

if your other cruises are before final you can remove that insurance and add the one that’s paid for 

Update: I got an email today from royal apologizing for an it glitch (shocker) and attached was the corrected FCC. What I got out of that was everyone needs to ensure they weren't shorted fcc. Ours was $600 shorted originally

On 3/25/2020 at 8:44 AM, colesc15 said:

Still waiting to hear back from my TA but also haven't seen the refund of taxes and port fees to our credit card. How long has it been taking for others? We're at business day #12 since we canceled. 

I cancelled on March 10th and haven't gotten any refunds to my credit card yet.  I did receive our FCC.  I called today and after looking at my account and asking me what I am supposed to be receiving, the rep needed to speak to a supervisor.  I have been told it could take as long as 30 days now.  She did verify the amounts that I had told her were correct and was not as confused as she seemed at the beginning of the discussion, so it seems as there might have been an issue that is now fixed.

We had been holding off paying our credit card that is due tomorrow as these credits would pay the balance and still leave a large credit.  At least now we know it is being processed.

@Ourusualbeach I read on another link (somewhere) that if you for some reason need to make a change to the booking that you have applied your FCC to (example: change date, cancel....) you will entirely lose the amount of the FCC.  

True? Could you elaborate.

And if that is true, I am thinking there really is no 'value' to insure if they are treating it like they have 'refunded' it to you.

I usually insure through Travel Guard on my own.

46 minutes ago, jillyfish said:

@Ourusualbeach I read on another link (somewhere) that if you for some reason need to make a change to the booking that you have applied your FCC to (example: change date, cancel....) you will entirely lose the amount of the FCC.  

True? Could you elaborate.

And if that is true, I am thinking there really is no 'value' to insure if they are treating it like they have 'refunded' it to you.

I usually insure through Travel Guard on my own.

Any FCC that I have dealt with has been.  If the reservation is moved or cancelled the original FCC is restored to its original terms and conditions and can be applied to a different cruise. 

Every insurance  company is different.  You would be best to call and ask them. 

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any FCC that I have dealt with has been.  If the reservation is moved or cancelled the original FCC is restored to its original terms and conditions and can be applied to a different cruise. 

Every insurance  company is different.  You would be best to call and ask them. 

Thanks

Another question for you. 

Our FCC is for three people. When we apply it to a future cruise, is it treated as a lump sum and can it be applied to the new taxes and fees or just the total before the taxes and fees.

Just now, jillyfish said:

Thanks

Another question for you. 

Our FCC is for three people. When we apply it to a future cruise, is it treated as a lump sum and can it be applied to the new taxes and fees or just the total before the taxes and fees.

You will receive 3 FCC’s one for each person And it can only be applied against that persons fare on the new cruise.  I am still waiting for clarification as to whether taxes and fees has to be paid or if a FCC can cover that. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will receive 3 FCC’s one for each person And it can only be applied against that persons fare on the new cruise.  I am still waiting for clarification as to whether taxes and fees has to be paid or if a FCC can cover that. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

Does anyone have the latest refund/FCC policy and when exactly was it enacted? There is so many conflicting posts I can't determine what is right!

The only information that Royal has made available is here

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

More information that is being posted has been provided to travel agents and also taken from actual experiences 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@Ourusualbeach After giving this more thought, I'm wondering how difficult this is going to be to line up our FCC to a new booking since prices are always being jockeyed around by different sales.

We purchased during the BOGO 60% off so our 2nd & 3rd passenger prices are much lower than the 1st passenger.