What happens if you cancel a summer Europe cruise that you used FCC to book?

Eli_6

I booked a 9 night Carnival Norwegian Fjord cruise out of Dover with sailing dates June 19-28, 2020.  Part of what I booked it with was a $1300+ future cruise credit that I had received due to the cancelled Mardis Gras TA sailing.

I know Carnival has changed their policy so that if I cancel the above sailing even up until 30 days that I will get any penalthy back in future cruise credit.  However, my question is this: If I cancel, what happens to the future cruise credit (over $1300!) that I used to book this cruise with that was from my canceled Mardis Gras TA?  Will that amount just be added on to my other cruise credit? Or will I lose that $1300+?  For example, if I cancel today would I get the $400 FCC for my deposit plus the $1300-something from the cancelled Mardis Gras sailing) plus the refund of my money paid.   I am concerned about all the Norwegian ports being closed even if the cruise does go forward.  The entire point of going to Norway is for the ports.  

Same question with respect to my FCC, but what if I don't cancel and Carnival ends up canceling the cruise?

I think you are going to need to call Carnival and ask.  Personally, and I say this because I am also book on that cruise, I wouldn't cancel.  We don't know what things will be like 3 months from now.  Either the cruise will go on as planned, or Carnival will cancel and you will make out better with the OBC or whatever perk they will end up giving us.

In the past if you cancelled a cruise with FCC you would lose the FCC,  I don't know anymore, things are so different and rules are not the same.  I'm thinking it might be different if you cancel vs Carnival canceling.

I'm in the same boat some what.  I have a cruise book for late August that a good portion was paid for with FCC from our cancelled cruise from hurricane Dorian last summer. We rebooked and then wanted to change and I was told I would lose my FCC if I rebooked so we stayed with the August cruise.

Sorry for not really answering anything.

This is a question I've been trying to get answers also. We're using $855 FCC from our Sept. Bermuda cruise that went nowhere to fund our 13 day Panama cruise on 5/3.  I called my T.A. but she said Carnival is not answering any questions beyond April sailings.  If anyone gets clarification regarding their FCC that's gospel, please post.  I'd hate to lose that kind of money and we now have till 4/3 to decide. (yes, they extended it from 3/31 to 30 days prior).

I’m following this as well.  We used one of our 2 FCC from the Copenhagen to NY for a Mardi Gras sailing in mid December.

I have no intention of cancelling our trip (Carnival will have to be the one to cancel the sailing)....BUT if the Mardi Gras isn’t ready in time, will I get my original FCC from August & September PLUS another FCC from the December sailing? ( thus giving us 3 FCC’s?)

On 3/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, Kellyann said:

This is a question I've been trying to get answers also. We're using $855 FCC from our Sept. Bermuda cruise that went nowhere to fund our 13 day Panama cruise on 5/3.  I called my T.A. but she said Carnival is not answering any questions beyond April sailings.  If anyone gets clarification regarding their FCC that's gospel, please post.  I'd hate to lose that kind of money and we now have till 4/3 to decide. (yes, they extended it from 3/31 to 30 days prior).

I think I was on this cruise with you if by nowhere you mean Charleston.  We have a cruise booked for May 16th and are assuming if canceled we would get the refund option of cash for cash and FCC for the FCC portion or FCC in the entire fare amount.  It will be very disappointing if we lose the original FCC when we aren't the ones canceling.

Yes, we were on the "cruise to nowhere" with you.  I just discounted Charleston because I didn't leave the ship; had I known it was going to be our only port, I would have gotten off and walked around.  We were hoping for some answers today regarding our 5/3 cruise but now we have another 3 day wait.  I can't imagine they would sail in early May and even if they did, we would definitely cancel.  We're looking at  Bermuda again in September and it would be so nice to have about $1050 in FCC's.  All of this is small potatoes when you think of folks dying or being extremely ill and those losing their livelihood.  Let's hope this will go away and we can be normal again.  Good luck!

• Like 1

We were On the same cruise to no where, but we didn’t apply our fcc yet as we don’t have final payment til June for fear of losing it if we needed to cancel or something. However, we’re booked on the Radiance out of nyc which has poofed from the site. I’ve got about 150 bucks in fcc applied to that booking that may now get cancelled. So I’m following this topic closely.  We’re looking to try Bermuda again if our Radiance to CA NE gets cancelled

We received a 25% FCC when the Mardi Gras transatlantic was cancelled. We used that  when we rebooked on the Radiance in Europe. Well, that cruise was just cancelled as well. We just rebooked on the Legend in Europe next year thinking the money and FCC from the Mardi Gras was going to cover the new cruise, BUT, after booking , we found out a week later, they were not going to let us use that FCC from the Mardi Gras. So, we lost about $800.00 . It doesn't seem right. They cancelled BOTH cruises and we lose our FCC. Anyone else have this problem ?

11 hours ago, sports addict said:

We received a 25% FCC when the Mardi Gras transatlantic was cancelled. We used that  when we rebooked on the Radiance in Europe. Well, that cruise was just cancelled as well. We just rebooked on the Legend in Europe next year thinking the money and FCC from the Mardi Gras was going to cover the new cruise, BUT, after booking , we found out a week later, they were not going to let us use that FCC from the Mardi Gras. So, we lost about $800.00 . It doesn't seem right. They cancelled BOTH cruises and we lose our FCC. Anyone else have this problem ?

Did they say why you couldn't use the Mardi Gras FCC on your new  Legend booking after "they" cancelled your Radiance cruise? We will be in a similar situation soon when eventually our Memorial day cruise on the Sunrise is cancelled. We have around $950 in Mardi Gras FCC in that one. We also have $1100 FCC from the Sunrise cruise to Charleston attached to one of our Radiance cruises that appear to be on the chopping block as well. If we lose all that FCC, Carnival will lose us as customers. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Did they say why you couldn't use the Mardi Gras FCC on your new  Legend booking after "they" cancelled your Radiance cruise? We will be in a similar situation soon when eventually our Memorial day cruise on the Sunrise is cancelled. We have around $950 in Mardi Gras FCC in that one. We also have $1100 FCC from the Sunrise cruise to Charleston attached to one of our Radiance cruises that appear to be on the chopping block as well. If we lose all that FCC, Carnival will lose us as customers. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 😎

We will find out as soon as they cancel our Legend med cruise.  While I can see the ‘system’ doing this, I doubt they will not honor and give the credit.  

If this helps, I had a FCC applied to an april 9th cruise on Sunshine out of Charleston. When cancelled, I got FCC back as a FCC and refund for rest and also $300 OBC for next cruise I book. Waiting for the dust to settle before I decide what  to do with it.

Pat

11 minutes ago, quickrate said:

If this helps, I had a FCC applied to an april 9th cruise on Sunshine out of Charleston. When cancelled, I got FCC back as a FCC and refund for rest and also $300 OBC for next cruise I book. Waiting for the dust to settle before I decide what  to do with it.

Pat

That is how it should be handled and what we are expecting. Don't know what happened in sports addicts case.😎

So, I just got a hold of a carnival customer service supervisor, Shawnta, and she helped me through this process. She explained that the only way to hold onto your FCC is to accept the full refund when you got the cancellation letter. We did not realize this and instead took the $600.00 OBC offered on the letter. Shawnta was able to cancel our recently booked Legend cruise and started the process over. She refunded our money and we were given back our 25%FCC. She then rebooked the Legend. We did lose the $600.00 OBC, but we were better off this way. Thank you Carnival and Shawnta for doing the right thing. Can't wait for our next cruise on the Mardi Gras November 28th. (Fingers crossed this doesn't get cancelled.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1