All cruises waitlisted till July

captn337

On Regent Website all cruises have been waitlisted until July.  Perhaps everyone will get what they want in terms of a choice now.  This also stops someone from booking and getting the extra 25% if regent cancels. Smart move.  

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, captn337 said:

On Regent Website all cruises have been waitlisted until July.  Perhaps everyone will get what they want in terms of a choice now.  This also stops someone from booking and getting the extra 25% if regent cancels. Smart move.  

I think going out of your way to get FCC is foolish.

If this goes on a long time, the cruiselines might declare bankruptcy and reorganize like most corporations do before starting up business again.

Then all debts and FCC are not longer good..

That is one reason we are taking the cash back for our cruise.

To much money to gamble with.

• Like 1

Shippy, absolutley agree with you. No amount of future FCC is worth cash in the hand to me. As the saying goes, "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush". I think that there will be some huge discounts coming up from the cruise and airline industry, once it starts up again, to get the pump primed. People are not going to rush back to discretionary spending when they have more basic needs to fulfill and they await the long recovery of the world economies and stock markets. Most medical experts predict this virus to be around for months to come, and in the short term, the worst is yet to come. 

• Like 1

Sadly, I agree with the previous two posters.  I would not want to have a lot of 'skin in the game' with Regent or any cruise line (or airline) right now. 

I sincerely hope we are wrong, and that things return to normal soon and we are all able to use these FCCs.  However, with the increasingly dire predictions coming from reputable financial firms, I am worried.

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked in June. Since they have waitlisted this cruise.  I hope it’s sooner than later that they cancel and give those that want a refund that opportunity.  Not sure how bankruptcy would play out for cruise line registered in another country. I know it a little soon for speculation but........

2 hours ago, captn337 said:

On Regent Website all cruises have been waitlisted until July.  Perhaps everyone will get what they want in terms of a choice now.

It doesn't necessarily follow that they will immediately cancel all the cruises and offer refunds/enhanced FCC.

I hope I am wrong but my bet is that they will still hold out to nearer each cruise sailing date before biting-the-bullet, in the hope that their customers opt for the "Regent Reassurance"

Possibly a case of "Who blinks first?", but somewhat disingenuous on their part 😒

27 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

It doesn't necessarily follow that they will immediately cancel all the cruises and offer refunds/enhanced FCC.

I hope I am wrong but my bet is that they will still hold out to nearer each cruise sailing date before biting-the-bullet, in the hope that their customers opt for the "Regent Reassurance"

Possibly a case of "Who blinks first?", but somewhat disingenuous on their part 😒

Sure is.   

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

100% right---Regent is being smart about this, makes a lot of sense for the cruise line.