P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Kalos I marvel at the way your mind works.

That's what my psychiatrist told me before she went to seek counseling as well.

I think what upset her was when she asked me "Have you been this daft all your life ?"

To which I replied   "Not yet ":classic_wacko:

images.png.208aface4259655e2f20010721032d2d.png   Eveyone :classic_biggrin:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's what my psychiatrist told me before she went to seek counseling as well.

My dad had a wonderful saying, 

"If everyone in this world is sane, thank god I'm bloomin' barmy" 

I agree with him. Never change kalos😆.

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, Eglesbrech said:

I think there may be some hospitality open by October. Personally I’d go for the cottage on the basis that you can disinfectant  it when you arrive and avoid other people. Covid won’t be completely gone by October but we all need something to look forward to.

Yes I think we’re leaning towards a cottage. Have to find one with a nice view in case we don’t leave it!

42 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's what my psychiatrist told me before she went to seek counselling as well.

I think what upset her was when she asked me "Have you been this daft all your life ?"

To which I replied   "Not yet ":classic_wacko:

images.png.208aface4259655e2f20010721032d2d.png   Eveyone :classic_biggrin:

Kalos, I think you might have been watching too many repeats of the Sopranos.😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Do you really think people will be confused?

It’s perfectly clear surely that 3 out of the 4 U.K. nations are still on full lockdown and that the rules in England are slightly different. I would think most people could grasp that very easily.

Doubt it will be long before there is only one rule again. Stubbornness may be more difficult to overcome than the virus.

People are unlikely to be able to go on foreign summer holidays this year, Health Secretary Matt Hancock says.

Asked whether "summer was cancelled", he tells ITV's This Morning: "I think that's likely to be the case.

"We haven't made a final decision on that yet but it is clear that we will seek to reopen hospitality, some hospitality, from early July if we keep successfully reducing the spread of this virus.

"But social distancing of some kind is going to continue.

"The conclusion from that is it is unlikely that big, lavish international holidays are going to possible for this summer.

"I just think that's a reality of life."

Hols4

Our local paper here is reporting holiday caravan parks are getting loads of calls from people in England wanting know why they cannot come to their caravans as Boris says they can travel now. The caravan owners try to explain the rules are different here in Wales but are getting a lot of abuse. So people are confused or just thick !

50 minutes ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

Our local paper here is reporting holiday caravan parks are getting loads of calls from people in England wanting know why they cannot come to their caravans as Boris says they can travel now. The caravan owners try to explain the rules are different here in Wales but are getting a lot of abuse. So people are confused or just thick !

My vote would be for just thick 😀.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

My vote would be for just thick 😀.

Must be I'm thick as I still don't understand if it is English caravan owners explaining to the Welsh,or Welsh caravan owners trying to explain the rules to themselves and getting it wrong and confusing the English ,or..............

Spain introduces 14 day quarantine period for visitors.  Surely now even the most optimistic will see that cruises to the Mediterranean and Canaries will have to be cancelled, regardless of the impossibility of social distancing on cruise ships.

FB_IMG_1589290696953.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Spain introduces 14 day quarantine period for visitors.  Surely now even the most optimistic will see that cruises to the Mediterranean and Canaries will have to be cancelled, regardless of the impossibility of social distancing on cruise ships.

FB_IMG_1589290696953.jpg

Not quite ready to give up yet. The Spanish rule only applies for 2 weeks and may,or may not be extended. Our friends in France and Norway will probably ,not only let us in,but will be gagging for our Euro's. Come on Iona ,come to us😁

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

FB_IMG_1589290696953.jpg

Wait for the reciprocal agreement as agreed with France being announced shortly.

• Haha 1

I liked this take on the situation.

It fits my mood, though I know others are more impatient 

Who knows which is right?

(also - lifts!  Always a source of P&O chat)

323B8096-999D-442E-84AA-76757CC3EA18.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Your choice or the travel company? Disappointing either way.

holiday company. 
was going to brid in June for my birthday. 
they have decided to close till July. 

Fed up now. I should be getting on a plane tomorrow not trying to keep my head where it is. 

off to watch Disney sing along

Spent ages on school work these last few weeks that no one is actually learning then 

i managed to mess our dinner up badly so had a good cry. I only went and put really hot chilli power in my bolognese and too much garlic on the bread. So we have had plain pasta for dinner. You just couldn’t write it. I’d even thought to myself to get a takeaway but decided not to. 

hows everyone else’s day. Hope it’s gonna better than mine

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

holiday company. 

Fed up now. I should be getting on a plane tomorrow not trying to keep my head where it is. 

Spent ages on school work these last few weeks that no one is actually learning then 

i managed to mess our dinner up badly so had a good cry. I only went and put really hot chilli power in my bolognese and too much garlic on the bread. So we have had plain pasta for dinner. You just couldn’t write it. I’d even thought to myself to get a takeaway but decided not to. 

Sounds like a pretty rotten day all round. A good cry is very therapeutic and tomorrow will defiantly be better.

Please don’t get harassed about the school work. The learning will be percolating in there somewhere. When you least expect it what you are teaching will pop back out. Try looking up Montessori learning, you might Find it helpful.

Quiet day here, it’s very cold (snow back on the hills) but in spite of the bitterly cold wind I went for 2 walks because I can now! Small things are a move in the right direction.

Vamp - chin up

It’ll be alright in the end and if it’s not alright it’s not the end

(Simon Mayo(Mark Kermode, Radio 5 Friday afternoon, not me, but it works for me)

Supermum is just somebody in books, magazines or online - she doesn’t really exist.  The rest of us are human.

Your girls love you.  They really won’t remember the bolognese. Relax.  Sleep well. It’s another day tomorrow 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

holiday company. 

I'm so sorry you've had such an awful day. Sending you a virtual hug. We all have days like that and during these last few weeks I'm sure everyone of us has had one or two. I will honestly admit to throwing  (accidently )a rhubarb crumble all down the cooker and then deliberately throwing the dish across the kitchen narrowly missing Frank who walked in to see what the noise was. I then laid on the bed and cried myself to sleep. That was the worst I've  been. I've cried. A lot. It's a natural stress relief and you always feel better after. Tomorrow's another day. Leave today in the past where it belongs and begin again. Keep posting, it helps to talk.

Avril 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Vamp - chin up

It’ll be alright in the end and if it’s not alright it’s not the end

(Simon Mayo(Mark Kermode, Radio 5 Friday afternoon, not me, but it works for me)

Supermum is just somebody in books, magazines or online - she doesn’t really exist.  The rest of us are human.

Your girls love you.  They really won’t remember the bolognese. Relax.  Sleep well. It’s another day tomorrow 

Absolutely. 

Except that on the strength of what I've seen since Vampiress88 first signed up here with a few questions about what to wear, I'd say that Supermum does exist after all!  ☺️

• Like 2

Don't worry about the teaching. The schools are going to pick up where they left off. It's essential for Reception and Y1. You can't just assume children can read. It's the most important piece of their education.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

holiday company. 

I hope the Disney sing along helped! We are currently tied into a September booking to Disneyland Paris. I am going to start emailing the apartment owner today to see if there's any chance of transferring our deposit until next year.

A good cry can do you good sometimes, a good stress release! If it's any consolation I forgot I'd put sausages in the oven the other day, getting them browned for a sausage casserole. By the time I remembered them they were almost charcoal 😵

I have so much respect and sympathy for all you mums at home with children to entertain and help with school work. The school I'm involved with keep reminding parents not to get too bogged down with the school work, you arent expected to become teachers. 

I hope today is a better day for you 😃

Sarah

• Like 2

Thank you guys for your support. Apart from my little bubble in the house there aren’t many people to talk to so sometimes I have to have a little rant. 

sometimes with the school work I just think stuff it and we have a garden day especially when it’s nice but I’m always going back to doing it. I want my kids to be clever and I don’t want all this to effect them. There are some subjects I haven’t done like art,re. I’ve mainly stuck to maths and English. 

I feel better today than last night. It’s just hard on mental heath being in the same house, routine with not much else. We go for walks but tend not to use the car so it’s the same walk etc and I’m someone who needs something like a holiday to focus on even if it’s a year away it tends to help. 

just hope this time next year we can just all be living our best lives. 

• Like 3